Chiefs v Dolphins in Frankfurt Germany

Aussie Joe

Chiefs have 1 good win this year so far and that was against Jacksonville. 
Miami's most impressive win was their 70 points against Denver, they were beaten soundly by the Bills and Eagles.

But I expect a high scoring game overall with Tua more likely to make a mistake late.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 11/2/2023 at 7:56 PM, boyst said:

Mike McDaniel isn't cool. He tries to emulate what cool is. He seems like a dweeb on the spectrum trying to pull off a definition of cool he pulled from someone.

He talks too much.

All his ridiculous word salad answers that he tries so hard to make himself look different and smart but to me he's just a greasy smarmy poser

• Awesome! (+1) 2

On 10/30/2023 at 7:47 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Jeesh. just really wasting what could be the game of the year so far in a terrible stadium setting, at a terrible time, and on a terrible network. 

But it's a great perk for us military to get to a game while serving in Germany and other bases in europe.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve been wanting to see Miami play KC since they got Tyreek. Finally today is the day.  Really looking forward to this morning game. 

My wife is fine with me watching football on Sundays specifically Bills games..but i don’t think she realizes i’m in for 14 hours or so today. What a great day.  maybe i’ll get some stuff done during the 1st half of the 1pm games.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, RiotAct said:

is it crazy that the Week 18 rematch in Miami worries me more than the game @KC in a few weeks?  For that reason, I think I’m rooting for the Chiefs  here.  Thoughts?

I prefer to see it as rooting against Miami.  

that always makes it easier

50 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’ve been wanting to see Miami play KC since they got Tyreek. Finally today is the day.  Really looking forward to this morning game. 

My wife is fine with me watching football on Sundays specifically Bills games..but i don’t think she realizes i’m in for 14 hours or so today. What a great day.  maybe i’ll get some stuff done during the 1st half of the 1pm games.

I happen to be on an island in the Caribbean with my wife who is preparing to speak at a conference tomorrow.  She’s busy today getting her presentation ready and all I need is to stay out of her hair.  Whatever will I do? 🤔

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

No matter which team wins the narrative next week will be that team is headed to the Super Bowl.

If Miami wins the talk will be about unstoppable offenses and "what's going on in KC with their offense"

If KC wins it will all be about Mahomes and his greatness (even though their defense has been the reason they've been winning to this point) and about how Miami can't win against good teams.

What's funny is the AFC's "2nd best game" is featuring the 2 teams tonight that could end up playing for the AFCCG. And neither the Bengals or Bills will be the feature story after this week.

52 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I really think KC is going to win pretty big. There’s a difference between a dynasty and a team playing good.. and unfortunately KC is that dynasty, they show up in big moments.. 

KC winning would not surprise me, but KC winning big would.  I think Miami is a solid team, despite losing at Philly and at Buffalo.

Just like it was for the Bills, i do believe KC will be out of sync at least for the first half since they arrived to Germany late Friday.  If the Chiefs play a great game it kinda blows Buffalo fans excuse about jet lag!

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

KC winning would not surprise me, but KC winning big would.  I think Miami is a solid team, despite losing at Philly and at Buffalo.

Just like it was for the Bills, i do believe KC will be out of sync at least for the first half since they arrived to Germany late Friday.  If the Chiefs play a great game it kinda blows Buffalo fans excuse about jet lag!

It does not. If the Dolphins arrived 15 days ago, it would.  But otherwise, there is no actual apples to apples comparison. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

I really can't make myself cheer for either team.    Who would I rather have win?   Maybe the Dolphins, only because we already beat them and a Chiefs loss would be nice in the event that Buffalo gets it together enough to battle for the #1 overall seed. 

Edited by dgrochester55

50 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Miami hasn’t beaten a relatively healthy winning football team once in the McDaniel era so I find it pretty tough envisioning the dolphins winning.  Tua just doesn’t have the processing speed when his first couple reads are a bit muddied up. 

kc arrived late but Miami wasn’t already there for two weeks lol that was the issue with jax.  Miami will still be jet lagged and they will have had less preparation/recovery time in their players own houses/their own facilities 

Etienne said the jags just started feeling adjusted right before the bills game 

the Miami kc game is gonna be what people think cincy buffalo is gonna be lol.  Miami just doesn’t have the defense to slow mahomes down and the kc defense is legit 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

I *think* I’m rooting for the Dolphins (really for the Chiefs to lose) because I think they are worse than the Chiefs and thus more likely to lose more games the rest of the way. Also the Dolphins have a harder strength of schedule the rest of the way which makes them more likely to lose more than the Chiefs the remainder of the schedule.

Still cant believe the Chiefs pulled a Bills travel plan after seeing how it worked out for us. 

That being said … even though the Dolphins flew out early in the week, they weren’t there for over a week, with a game under their belt.  

It is what it is, but I will choose to remain salty about that for an inordinate amount of time. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It does not. If the Dolphins arrived 15 days ago, it would.  But otherwise, there is no actual apples to apples comparison. 

That is true. No doubt, but I do think Miami will be better adjusted than KC...  Just my opinion.  3.5 days is a big difference. I was just in Germany a few months ago and remember how crappy the first two days were and i wasn't playing professional sports!   But I am 100% rooting for Kansas City.

Edited by zow2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.