Chiefs v Dolphins in Frankfurt Germany

Aussie Joe

Considering that we control our own destiny against both teams (maintain pace with them and beat them head-to-head), it is hard to pick which one to root for. I guess the Chiefs since the division is on the line with Miami -- and Miami has not shown that they can beat good teams. No sense giving them confidence that they can.

11 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Considering that we control our own destiny against both teams (maintain pace with them and beat them head-to-head), it is hard to pick which one to root for. I guess the Chiefs since the division is on the line with Miami -- and Miami has not shown that they can beat good teams. No sense giving them confidence that they can.

This is correct.  But I am concerned the NFL has a huge investment in the Chiefs winning, to avoid the narrative that the home field advantage assignments overseas are impacting playoff seedings. 

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This is correct.  But I am concerned the NFL has a huge investment in the Chiefs winning, to avoid the narrative that the home field advantage assignments overseas are impacting playoff seedings. 

I don't care if the Dolphins are playing the Taliban. I'd root for the Taliban.

Miami and all their  fans can burn in the deepest, darkest, hottest hell :lol:

I'm probably rooting for KC tbh.

Miami hasn't shown they can beat the top teams, but they look like they'll steamroll everyone else.  

If they keep Tua upright, I don't necessarily see a bunch of losses on their schedule.  

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Nah, I’d rather play in KC than in Miami.

we smashed them this season in Buffalo, but that was with Tre-Milano and Daquan.  We don’t know if they’ll be back.  

most importantly is how the Miami offense functions while having the advantage of a quiet stadium.  Their motions require great coordination and not being able to hear the snap count (or anything other than the opposing crowd) really dampens their offense.  They aren’t as creative nor are they as effective.  I believe one of the reasons we won that game was due to our fans being so loud. It was THE reason, not even close…..but it did hamper the Miami O.  I believe that

Nah….the Chiefs are way more playoff seasoned than the Dolphins. Give me the Fins. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nah….the Chiefs are way more playoff seasoned than the Dolphins. Give me the Fins. 

They are more seasoned.  But their offense is lacking.  I’m not worried about their O as much as I’m worried about their D this season.  

In theory it doesn't matter, Bills play both of them and thus can have the tiebreaker over both.  So I would say root for the Chiefs to make the division easier to win.  Rooting for the #1 seed at this point is silly, especially since we're a game behind Baltimore for it right now and don't play them.

Edited by BuffBillsForLife
MATH

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

The division comes 1st, Miami’s legit, the fish need to be squished.

Though, the Kelce and Swifty thing, well…..🤮

I actually prefer Mahomes playing a road game in the playoffs over Miami getting the 1 seed.  I know there are older fans that hate that but recency bias in me hates KC more.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

They are more seasoned.  But their offense is lacking.  I’m not worried about their O as much as I’m worried about their D this season.  

As we’ve all learned….don’t be sucked in by Regular Season performances and statistics. The Chiefs and their coaching staff absolutely know what they’re doing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

As we’ve all learned….don’t be sucked in by Regular Season performances and statistics. The Chiefs and their coaching staff absolutely know what they’re doing.

I hear ya, but I don’t believe that they’re happy with their WRs.  I don’t think they’ll be able to win a SB unless they add someone.  Hardman isn’t the guy.  We’ll see

1 minute ago, NUT said:

These overseas games need to stop. NFL is greedy af.

I wish they would AT LEAST try to keep it fair. They sacrifice that at times for the sake of money and……the ”experiment”. 

THAT makes me angry. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2023 at 7:08 PM, NewEra said:

I hated losing Milano and daquan for than the losing the game

After the fact yes, but I'm not talking after the fact. I'm saying pre anything happening losing a game to the UK sucks, but losing what would have been the biggest game on a Chiefs fans regular season calendar is far worse.

Raiders, Commanders and Titans too 

Edited by GottaRun

6 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

After the fact yes, but I'm not talking after the fact. I'm saying pre anything happening losing a game to the UK sucks, but losing what would have been the biggest game on a Chiefs fans regular season calendar is far worse.

Could be wrong, but I feel that most chiefs fans would rather lose to Tyreek than to Josh allen again.  They traded Tyreek and won another SB in the first year.  I don’t see any grudges. Meanwhile most chiefs fans hate Josh Allen.  

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Could be wrong, but I feel that most chiefs fans would rather lose to Tyreek than to Josh allen again.  They traded Tyreek and won another SB in the first year.  I don’t see any grudges. Meanwhile most chiefs fans hate Josh Allen.  

The only Chiefs fans I know were furious about losing this one.  If I were a Chiefs season ticket holder I'd be angry about it.... but I'm not a Chiefs fan so.... May Tyreek aggravate his hip a bit more, may Kelce's ankle act up again, and may Mahomes feel weak and powerless all game after having the flu and flying to Germany... beyond that I guess I want KC to win so the Bills have help winning the East.  

8 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

The only Chiefs fans I know were furious about losing this one.  If I were a Chiefs season ticket holder I'd be angry about it.... but I'm not a Chiefs fan so.... May Tyreek aggravate his hip a bit more, may Kelce's ankle act up again, and may Mahomes feel weak and powerless all game after having the flu and flying to Germany... beyond that I guess I want KC to win so the Bills have help winning the East.  

The chiefs fans I know couldn’t care less about Tyreek after they won the SB last year.  

I’m definitely rooting for the Chiefs!! 👍🏻 eager to see what Spags has for the mcdaniel offense.  But it seems like he holds back all of his best stuff until the playoffs 

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Jeesh. just really wasting what could be the game of the year so far in a terrible stadium setting, at a terrible time, and on a terrible network. 

Except that’s the exact game the NFL wants to showcase. You know, sell the game 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Looks like Miami left Monday for Germany and KC is not leaving until Thursday night...will be interesting to see if that makes a difference in this case.

And Kelce was at the World Series last night in Arizona. He was also at the WS in Dallas on the Friday before Sunday's game against the Broncos. 

22 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

And Kelce was at the World Series last night in Arizona. He was also at the WS in Dallas on the Friday before Sunday's game against the Broncos. 

I can't remember ever disliking a player as much as I dislike Kelce...It was reported that Mahomes was also at the WS on Friday and then showed up sick for the game in Denver on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I can't remember ever disliking a player as much as I dislike Kelce...It was reported that Mahomes was also at the WS on Friday and then showed up sick for the game in Denver on Sunday. 

Wow. They really are mailing in this regular season. I guess they can do that because their division is a joke, but they also might be a bit burnt out.

On 10/30/2023 at 6:47 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Jeesh. just really wasting what could be the game of the year so far in a terrible stadium setting, at a terrible time, and on a terrible network. 

haaaaate it. 

and in a heavy bye week for fantasy football, with 9ers, jags and lions impacted. 

at some point the nfl has to worry a little about fantasy football being the golden goose, not European expansion

On 10/30/2023 at 4:45 PM, Augie said:

I wish they would AT LEAST try to keep it fair. They sacrifice that at times for the sake of money and……the ”experiment”. 

THAT makes me angry. 

yea. I get that they are by definition money driven but…. It would be cool if their data showed integrity and quality of product was more valuable in the branding 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:57 PM, NewEra said:

I don’t understand why Chiefs fans would hate Allen. I was never a Brady fan for many reasons, but I always enjoyed watching great QB play. It seems like it should be a fun competitive thing more than dislike. They’ve won titles, not sure why Allen would bother them, but that’s fandom for you. 

• Agree 2

On 10/30/2023 at 7:07 PM, GottaRun said:

Man we hated losing a game against the Jags, imagine being a KC fan and losing Tyreek's return to Arrowhead game.

Wonder what his reception would be. Bet it's more 50/50 then most would think. Selfishly refused a restructure once. Plays w/ conference rival. Left over $$ (essentially). I can't believe I have to type this, but easier to see him as a dad who BROKE HIS OWN SONS ARM, and beat the shizz outta mom while in vitro, when he's not breaking off 65yd slants.

I wouldn't miss a beat hearing someone he was assaulting in public, shot him. Him playing for chiefs certainly didn't help, but man I can't type the things I wish on him even if he was buried (ha a guy can wish) on a practice squad in Seattle. It seriously makes me question karma a guy like that is among us. 9 digit bank acct, and out here breaking arms of the ONE RELATIONSHIP YOU ARE TO GUARD WITH YOUR LIFE UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. 

I'm foaming at the mouth, I'll stop now lol

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t understand why Chiefs fans would hate Allen. I was never a Brady fan for many reasons, but I always enjoyed watching great QB play. It seems like it should be a fun competitive thing more than dislike. They’ve won titles, not sure why Allen would bother them, but that’s fandom for you. 

Yeah I doubt they hate him for a few reasons. We haven't ended their season yet, is #1. #2 heck, I like mahomes and he's burned us repeatedly. Seems like a good dad/husband, squeaky clean. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

It’s the running. Your team defends everything and he still gets the first with his legs. Fans hate that. I know that I did when Baker did it us.

16 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

My chiefs fan friend hate him because of all the Allen > Mahomes talk that was happening after the 13 second game.  They love it when he has bad games and actively root against him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.