Von Miller

Riverboat Ritchie

so trying to be objective and not snarky, the one time I noticed Von hurrying Russ out of the pocket today (1st quarter I think?), he looked so indecisive.  Instead of either:

— Going in for the kill, OR

— Throwing his hands up to try to tip the pass,

He did neither and just kind of hesitated, allowing RW to unleash a pass from near the boundary. 

Awful.  SHUT HIM DOWN PLEASE.  THANKS.

43 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

so trying to be objective and not snarky, the one time I noticed Von hurrying Russ out of the pocket today (1st quarter I think?), he looked so indecisive.  Instead of either:

— Going in for the kill, OR

— Throwing his hands up to try to tip the pass,

He did neither and just kind of hesitated, allowing RW to unleash a pass from near the boundary. 

Awful.  SHUT HIM DOWN PLEASE.  THANKS.

He actually made a tackle tonight!  I couldn't believe it.

He's basically a zero on the field, a total non-factor. I wonder if his career is straight up done, as is Tre White's and almost certainly Hyde's.  Don't be surprised when Hyde never plays another snap in the NFL.

This team is going to have a LOT of changes to make, and those HORRIFIC Von Miller and Knox contracts are going to kill our ability to make those changes.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He actually made a tackle tonight!  I couldn't believe it.

He's basically a zero on the field, a total non-factor. I wonder if his career is straight up done, as is Tre White's and almost certainly Hyde's.  Don't be surprised when Hyde never plays another snap in the NFL.

This team is going to have a LOT of changes to make, and those HORRIFIC Von Miller and Knox contracts are going to kill our ability to make those changes.

At least Tre White ain't on the field!  Von Miller is! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It takes some time to come back from that injury and at 34 he probably never will.

It is what it is.

As great as the Allen lottery was, Beane almost ***** that up just as bad with the Von Miller contract as almost a wash its soo bad

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

As great as the Allen lottery was, Beane almost ***** that up just as bad on the Von Miller contract 

I’m not mad at Beane for the Miller contract. I’m mad he was too afraid to send a draft pick for Miller in 2021 when we needed him on a Super Bowl caliber team.

Even worse he admitted that the reason he wouldn’t do it was because he didn’t know if he could sign him. Beane doesn’t get enough heat for that. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not mad at Beane for the Miller contract. I’m mad he was too afraid to send a draft pick for Miller in 2021 when we needed him on a Super Bowl caliber team.

Even worse he admitted that the reason he wouldn’t do it was because he didn’t know if he could sign him. Beane doesn’t get enough heat for that. 

My additional problem to this, Beane had spent multiple high end draft picks, cap dollars to the defense only to have to sign a 100$m old guy to cover up for the drafting failures 

1 hour ago, Freak-O said:

Didn’t look like we was giving 100%. Compare his effort level with that of Epenesa or Groot and there is a big difference. 

Agree.  Wilson got flushed from the pocket and Miller just stopped chasing him.  

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe he can be a June 1 cut.  It’s ugly.  Good guy, good leader.  But washed.  

Yeah he can be. Won’t be though just watch. I am almost willing to bet they use his base for cap space and kick the can down the road. 

will say well he was never fully healthy. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah he can be. Won’t be though just watch. I am almost willing to bet they use his base for cap space and kick the can down the road. 

will say well he was never fully healthy. 

It’s probably true, but the big issue for me is the likelihood that a 35 yo pass rusher is going go recover from that injury and want to be here for what at this point looks like a retooling year next year.  On that latter issue, I believe that the pieces are there to do this quickly, but the defense is going to have to be young next year. 

3 hours ago, Freak-O said:

Didn’t look like we was giving 100%. Compare his effort level with that of Epenesa or Groot and there is a big difference. 

Yeah, at one point - early on - he seemed to not commit to flattening Wilson when he had him in his sights. Although it does seem unlikely and the camera can lie

Von is just going through the motions out there. Zero effort. Just collecting a paycheck at this point. 

There was a play early in the game where he was running towards Wilson for a sack and just stopped. Didn't jump to try and bat the ball. Didn't go for the tackle. Just stopped playing football mid play to avoid any contact. 

Bench Cook but keep playing Miller. Sure. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Von is just going through the motions out there. Zero effort. Just collecting a paycheck at this point. 

There was a play early in the game where he was running towards Wilson for a sack and just stopped. Didn't jump to try and bat the ball. Didn't go for the tackle. Just stopped playing football mid play to avoid any contact. 

Miller time ended last Thanksgiving.  Why is he even active at this point?

1 minute ago, Process said:

It's crazy. We all get it if a player isn't as good as he was, but the EFFORT man, wow.

Even in his lone tackle in the game he somewhat hesitated at first and could have done a few yards earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Saw that too, and alot of Von doing the casual jog.

If he's that limited, why is he out there? 50% effort reps in a game setting? If that's his 90%/100% he shouldn't even be dressed for gameday.

I’ve defended Miller as he ramps up his return from injury. This is the one year anniversary of the injury, and thus, he should be playing without the brace next weekend.

Lets hope that makes a difference because I was again completely disappointed anytime I keyed in on #40

First, his snap counts are still minimal in comparison to the other edge players.

When he is on the field, and effort to rush the passer ends with an extreme wide wheel running 10 yards passed the LOS taking him completely out of the play.

Efforts to make any inside move have been swallowed. 

I will hold onto a glimmer of hope he can find some last remaining ability to be a game changer, but at this point, the best thing that could happen for the franchise is for him to retire and free up the $$$ we’ve sunk into him. 

Rough. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’ve defended Miller as he ramps up his return from injury. This is the one year anniversary of the injury, and thus, he should be playing without the brace next weekend.

Lets hope that makes a difference because I was again completely disappointed anytime I keyed in on #40

First, his snap counts are still minimal in comparison to the other edge players.

When he is on the field, and effort to rush the passer ends with an extreme wide wheel running 10 yards passed the LOS taking him completely out of the play.

I will hold onto a glimmer of hope he can find some last remaining ability to be a game changer, but at this point, the best thing that could happen for the franchise is for him to retire and free up the $$$ we’ve sunk into him. 

Rough. 

It was concerning that he wasn’t able to get in on the sack party that basically the entire defensive line was apart of. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/27/2023 at 12:57 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

He's really just getting into shape. Obviously not going 100% off the ball. Doing more to set the edge and watch than rush up field at the passer.

Yea even having gone thru the rehab before he still needs to get over the fear factor as it's natural to favor an injured area until it goes through the routine bumps and bruises of your activity.  As he gets back into form it will likely be noticeable improvements each game as his trust builds on the injury being stable in its healing.  And it's pretty much the Bills put themselves in the position they may need to win out, sounds like we could be in for a wonderful run.  We certainly have the talent on both sides of the ball to pull that off and it would not surprise me.  And yes they could come up short as well, that's what sports is about to get the best out of yourself in whatever sport you pursue.  

On 10/27/2023 at 12:57 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

He's really just getting into shape. Obviously not going 100% off the ball. Doing more to set the edge and watch than rush up field at the passer.

As well as it gives one of the younger healthy guys a breather so they aren't tired and then more prone to injury due to fatigue.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope he can ramp up into shape soon. At this point he is just a wasted roster spot. He impacts absolutely nothing in his current form. As another poster mentioned, his sole move seems to be rush extremely wide and get taken completely out of the play. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Rough. 

This is painful.  The cap we're spending on him and we're not getting a full season year 1 or 2.  Maybe year 3?  Keep him out and continue rehab.  He's not anywhere close to 60%.  Just leave AJE & Groot in there for all of Von's snaps.  Maybe we get 1 good year in 2024 then he's done.  Bad luck fa signing. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

Unfortunately he is hurting the team being out there right now. I’d like to see more of AJ and Rousseau and less Von Miller until he is fully healthy. 

Do we have any reason to believe he’s not fully healthy?

Our coaching/training staff is notoriously conservative when bringing guys back from injury.

27 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Rough. 

I really think the brace removal is gonna make a big difference but it could be wishful thinking.  He’s got no bend right now 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.