TB @ Buffalo Game thread - 2nd Half

Simon

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

Last drive was forcing it to Diggs

Diggs is a good guy to keep happy, but Kincaid is killing it and so is Shakir so no need to force it.

We could also lean into the running game a bit more to start to drain the clock.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

After that first drive we haven't blitzed much and surprise surprise our defense looks better. 

Every time McDermott blitzes someone should slap him with a wet fish.

Having Ed back is huge. No Ed and I'm not confident in our line getting pressure with just 4.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 yards from the end of the run? Shouldn't it be 10 yards from the spot of the foul? 

I mean I'll take it, but I don't think that's right. Second time this ref has done that. Both have benefited the Bills but gosh. If I know this from my couch, pretty sure this guy knows it too. There was a defensive holding on an 8 yard JA rush in the 1st half that they added to the end of the run.

• Agree 1

After that first drive we haven't blitzed much and surprise surprise our defense looks better. 

Kind of feels like he panicked after losing his starting DTs.

• Agree 1

Just now, WideNine said:

Diggs is a good guy to keep happy, but Kincaid is killing it and so is Shakir so no need to force it.

We could also lean into the running game a bit more to start to drain the clock.

Score one more time. Then worry about draining the clock. 

Just now, WideNine said:

Knock on wood, but so is Gabe.  He has been great tonight.

And that's the point....blitz early and then those "simulated blitzes" get the oline/QB on edge.

Baker has looked jumpy.  We sit back the entire game and he just gets comfortable/into his drop back with no concern.

I'm pro-blitz, it's not different than KC/Spags

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Yes Diggs need to be happy but ya both are killing it tonight.  Davis as well.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

10 yards from the end of the run? Shouldn't it be 10 yards from the spot of the foul? 

I mean I'll take it, but I don't think that's right. Second time this ref has done that. Both have benefited the Bills but gosh. If I know this from my couch, pretty sure this guy knows it too. There was a defensive holding on an 8 yard JA rush in the 1st half that they added to the end of the run.

He said from the end of the kick, not the end of the run.

I'm an idiot. 

10 yards from the end of the kick. Not the end of the run.

Just now, CoudyBills said:

Knock on wood, but so is Gabe.  He has been great tonight.

I don't like Gabe's short distance quickness, but he is just making one move with the ball and running with attitude to the sticks.

...and he has a knack for getting open in the end zone on those scramble drills so can't complain.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He is just bull rushing the three or four plays he has been on the field. No speed. No bend. No results.

Bull is being complimentary.  The times I've watched him its more of a step and stand rush

Spot of the foul was like the Tampa 20. Would make no sense whatsoever to give bills ball at Tampa 30.