Deshaun Watson: Trust Fund Baby (UPDATE: 28% through Contract)

DrDawkinstein

If I'm the Browns owner I PRAY that he does something maybe on personal conduct violation to void the guaranteed contract and move on. I'd be leaving BOGO massage coupons in his locker. 

Knowing Haslam though, he probably didn't add any personal conduct outs to his deal.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If I'm the Browns owner I PRAY that he does something maybe on personal conduct violation to void the guaranteed contract and move on. I'd be leaving BOGO massage coupons in his locker. 

Knowing Haslam though, he probably didn't add any personal conduct outs to his deal.

Yeah, with a guy like Haslam, personal conduct violations are a feature not a bug.

• Haha (+1) 3

If this has any legs at all it really won't surprise me given his past . One would think he would be more appreciative & take advantage of this highly paid opportunity but there are a lot more than him that have laid down after getting a big money contract Dare E us to take a look at those folks that have done the same thing .

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

If this has any legs at all it really won't surprise me given his past . One would think he would be more appreciative & take advantage of this highly paid opportunity but there are a lot more than him that have laid down after getting a big money contract Dare E us to take a look at those folks that have done the same thing .

While it's obvious and apparent that Watson is his own kind of scumbag, I also believe/know that owners like Haslam and McNair are even bigger scumbags.

Could be that given Watson's experience in Houston, where the team was happy to set him up with an NDA and hotel rooms to use, and then throw him under the bus for it when they needed leverage to force him to play or get rid of him, this was all a calculated plot to take as much money as he could from the NFL with his one last shot and ride off into the sunset a multi-millionaire.

And while I dont support Watson as a person, I'm always for players milking as much cash out of the league as possible. So I almost want to say... good for him?

I guess I'm saying I'm not surprsied he isnt "more appreciative", and I'd also argue he has already taken full advantage of his opportunity. To the tune of 230,000,000 fully guaranteed dollars.

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He played on Sunday, went one for five, and pulled himself out of the game.

That's the problem. As we all discovered, Watson doesnt like pulling himself.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Why pray?  I am sure Haslam knows some unsavory person who could frame him for a crime.  If he is unable to play for being in jail contract will be voided although it will be hard to get signing bonuses back.

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Wow, I never thought I’d see the day where Kyle Ortons slide a yard short of the first down marker could be out done. 

But here we are….

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

While it's obvious and apparent that Watson is his own kind of scumbag, I also believe/know that owners like Haslam and McNair are even bigger scumbags.

Could be that given Watson's experience in Houston, where the team was happy to set him up with an NDA and hotel rooms to use, and then throw him under the bus for it when they needed leverage to force him to play or get rid of him, this was all a calculated plot to take as much money as he could from the NFL with his one last shot and ride off into the sunset a multi-millionaire.

And while I dont support Watson as a person, I'm always for players milking as much cash out of the league as possible. So I almost want to say... good for him?

I guess I'm saying I'm not surprsied he isnt "more appreciative", and I'd also argue he has already taken full advantage of his opportunity. To the tune of 230,000,000 fully guaranteed dollars.

That's the problem. As we all discovered, Watson doesnt like pulling himself.

How is McNair a scumbag?  I live in Houston here about them all the time.  You can call McNair a dolt and  pushed around by his wife but I see no evidence of him being a "scumbag".

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

How is McNair a scumbag?  I live in Houston here about them all the time.  You can call McNair a dolt and  pushed around by his wife but I see no evidence of him being a "scumbag".

The team enabled him and then threw him under the bus when it suited them.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

The team enabled him and then threw him under the bus when it suited them.

Enabled him?  LOL.   even he didn't try to use that defense and they hardly "threw him under the bus".  He did that all himself.  

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Brady Quinn gets a rare W. Impressive considering he’s retired 😂

(barf, just had flashbacks to the Bills Browns mid-off in October 2009 which ended 6-3 Cleveland 🤢)

Worst professional football game of all time, seared in my memory.  The winning QB Derek Anderson was 2-17  and an int for something like 27 yards.

He has a rotator cuff strain ON HIS THROWING ARM.  I'd bet my house he tried to play through it and still isn't 100%.

Every year we have arm chair doctors advocating for star players to play through injuries that can shorten or poasibly end careers.

I remember people honestly asking why Phillip Rivers could play with a torn acl and not LaDainian Tomlinson.  🥴

This is click bait because Haslam and Watson are easy to dislike.

11 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Brady Quinn gets a rare W. Impressive considering he’s retired 😂

(barf, just had flashbacks to the Bills Browns mid-off in October 2009 which ended 6-3 Cleveland 🤢)

Arrrrghhhhh! I was at that game with my brother and nephew.  At end we just wanted game to end.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He has a rotator cuff strain ON HIS THROWING ARM.  I'd bet my house he tried to play through it and still isn't 100%.

Every year we have arm chair doctors advocating for star players to play through injuries that can shorten or poasibly end careers.

I remember people honestly asking why Phillip Rivers could play with a torn acl and not LaDainian Tomlinson.  🥴

This is click bait because Haslam and Watson are easy to dislike.

He wasn't on the injury report.  

Allen played through a much worse injury and didn't miss a game.

Watson probably has a little pain but it's not that bad to take yourself out the game.  I think everyone who has thrown a ball has had a rotator cuff strain at some point in their lives.  It was my most common injury and I never missed a game because of it and I was a baseball player which is much more strenuous on the arm.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Arrrrghhhhh! I was at that game with my brother and nephew.  At end we just wanted game to end.

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Worst professional football game of all time, seared in my memory.  The winning QB Derek Anderson was 2-17  and an int for something like 27 yards.

I went to that game and it was still the worst game of football I ever saw. Not sure if it was worse because I was there, but just 2 putrid teams trying their best not to win.

Some (un)impressive stats from that game:

Roscoe Parrish had a -15 punt return: More on this soon

Bills had 2 MLB’s get injured during the game.

Cleveland had less than 200 yards on offense and won.

Cleveland had 22 passing yards, Bills had 152. Still lost.

Bills committed 9 false starts… at home…

Cleveland won on a 18 yard FG… thanks to Roscoe.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I have to correct myself here. He played for a series and got pulled for a concussion evaluation. It was after he was cleared that Sefanski pulled him because he thought that Watson was "guarding" his shoulder. I could have let the funnier story stand, but I really don't like spreading false information.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

The Browns would be so fun to root for if it weren’t for Watson. Could’ve kept Baker for another year and those funny commercials. 

Baker aways plays hard. He may be a “bust” 1st overall pick but he doesn’t half butt it on the field..

5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The thing is Schwartz like he did with the Bills got their defense to kick butt.

I see them as a playoff team even without Watson.  Maybe only like a 6 or 7 seed but nonetheless.  Watson really isn’t necessary for them.  

When your team can't score... you're going to lose some winnable games though.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.