Deshaun Watson: Trust Fund Baby (UPDATE: 28% through Contract)

DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You asked me if I had rage for dirty Bills from the '90s. Bennett was the only one that came to mind that even approached POShaun's level of serial sexual assault. 

Really trying not to throw stones at guys but there are some other 90s bills who have had some really bad allegations. Like really, really, really popular ones (google some names and women). This is where it gets tricky. 

this generation has its issues but players now can’t get away with anything. Josh Allen at 25 was way more mature than ex players in their 40s. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You should change your name to Nearly6Inchesifyousubtractfive

Good suggestion, just made it a little more accurate! 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What about another fan favorite who sounded likes he treated women like Jim Briwn but is so beloved and now found God? Do we still like him? This is where this stuff gets real tricky. Some of these guys we love as players are trash (like so many other professions) but you like them because they are on your favorite team. 

but maybe after like 15 years, it’s time for a C.Biscuit97. Thinking LockdownElam. 

What about it? Up to you and each individual how they want to handle rumors from decades ago. Those are tricky. But when there are actual court cases and even criminal charges, like Watson and Bennett, it gets pretty cut and dry.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Really trying not to throw stones at guys but there are some other 90s bills who have had some really bad allegations. Like really, really, really popular ones (google some names and women). This is where it gets tricky. 

It's kinda weird you're bringing this up here.

Rumors that are 30 years old are NOT the same as charges/lawsuits/information that have real, verified details and personal and professional consequences.

Almost seems like youre arguing that since we cant hold those old guys accountable, we shouldnt ever criticize modern-day scumbags that have actual evidence against them.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Didn't he get in hot water not too long ago for saying some racist stuff? That might be what they're referring to.

You mean like Terry Pegula and his alleged racist comment?

Yes his incredibly horrific racist comment was he called Covid the "China virus".  Of course Cal fell in line like the coward he is and apologized.  I am no fan of him, I knew his father and know OF Cal whom, as i said, is a dolt but I was responding to the other poster claiming McNair was a scumbag.  Someone else claims Watson was "enabled" in his sexual deviancy by the Texans and then Cal threw him under the bus which is laughable,

20 hours ago, eball said:

If I am mis-remembering something I apologize, but wasn't McNair pretty widely known for being racist?

To my knowledge, no.

Several  of the ESPN talking heads (Michael Wilbon and Steven A Smith amongst several )tried to push that agenda when he fired David Culley who was a functional idiot and then fired Lovie Smith after one year the next year.  Both firings were the correct call and now the they a great head coach in Demeco Ryans who I think is light years better than whet we have.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

To my knowledge, no.

Several  of the ESPN talking heads (Michael Wilbon and Steven A Smith amongst several )tried to push that agenda when he fired David Culley who was a functional idiot and then fired Lovie Smith after one year the next year.  Both firings were the correct call and now the they a great head coach in Demeco Ryans who I think is light years better than whet we have.

McNair (Bob) got in some heat with his "dont let the prisoners run the jail" line when referring to players.

Cal certainly isnt the worst of the owners, but none of them are that great. Most are scumbags in one way or another. Even our own fracker.

His association with Tony Buzbee when all this Watson stuff hit still reeks of retribution, even if it did help bring the abuse to light. It seemed like Cal was happy to sit on that info, and even help Watson, until he needed it for leverage. And his love of Easterby always gave me the creeps.

Side note: It's absolutely CRAZY to me that we need to defend criticizing NFL Owners and convicted/settled deviant players. But not surprising since accusations of racism and/or sexual assault always trigger a large portion of TBD members. Which is very telling.

This was a thread to laugh at the situation the Same Ol Browns have gotten themselves into yet again with Billionaires blowing millions of dollars on bad decisions.

No one here needs defending. End of the day, Haslam, McNair, and Watson are and always will be in much better situations than any of us. Enjoy the schadenfreude while we can.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

McNair (Bob) got in some heat with his "dont let the prisoners run the jail" line when referring to players.

Cal certainly isnt the worst of the owners, but none of them are that great. Most are scumbags in one way or another. Even our own fracker.

His association with Tony Buzbee when all this Watson stuff hit still reeks of retribution, even if it did help bring the abuse to light. It seemed like Cal was happy to sit on that info, and even help Watson, until he needed it for leverage. And his love of Easterby always gave me the creeps.

Oh yeah, you are correct, I forgot about that.  To me it was a ridiculous over-reaction to a doofus owner McNair.

I dont have any problem with Buzbee and the McNair-Buzbee association has more to them being next door neighbors in river oaks more than anything else.  It was McNairs best interest to lets the entire sex scandal never surface so I dont see any "retribution".  Now the Jack Easterby thing was bizarre and understand why it would give you the creeps.  McNair is a very devout Christian and Easterby the snake oil salesmen , like Elmer Gantry.  Not at all a shock he was duped, I think the uproar over Easterby got too much and Cal's wife forced him out.  She has the brains that Cal doesn't have.  I think somewhat similar to our ownership.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You mean like Terry Pegula and his alleged racist comment?

Yes his incredibly horrific racist comment was he called Covid the "China virus".  Of course Cal fell in line like the coward he is and apologized.  I am no fan of him, I knew his father and know OF Cal whom, as i said, is a dolt but I was responding to the other poster claiming McNair was a scumbag.  Someone else claims Watson was "enabled" in his sexual deviancy by the Texans and then Cal threw him under the bus which is laughable,

https://www.thestate.com/sports/nfl/article181508331.html

https://deadspin.com/racism-is-ruining-the-houston-texans-1846030023

Terry got in hot water too, and what he said was idiotic. The first article was referencing Bob I think. But second one was about Cal too.

• DrDawkinstein changed the title to Deshaun Watson: Trust Fund Baby (UPDATE: 28% through Contract)

Saw this on reddit and it made me think of this thread. Time sure flies...

We are now 24 games into the 85 total regular season games spanning the 5-year life of Deshaun Watson's record-breaking $230M guaranteed contract. In addition to $230M guaranteed, the Browns depleted their future draft capital by giving up three 1st-round picks, one 3rd-round pick, and two 4th-round picks.

Watson hasn't played much due to the suspension that was expected, but also due to recent injuries. When he has played, his performance has been sub-par. The timeline below, summarizes his contribution at a high-level.

28% of the $230M contract has led to the following...

• Watson has played in only nine full games out of the first 24 games of his contract. 9 of 13 post-suspension.
  • 28% of the $230M has led to the team winning only five games with Watson on the field.
  • In Watsons 10 total games, he delivered an above league average ANY/A only two times. Thats right...aside from the fact that he hasn't played much, 80% of the time he has played, his performance was below average.

On 10/26/2023 at 3:12 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Watson's response, about as expected:

Cmon, Deshaun. You have 230 Million guaranteed reasons to not play. I dont blame you.

Let’s be honest….he only worked his a** off because 216 different massage therapists refused to do it for him.

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Saw this on reddit and it made me think of this thread. Time sure flies...

We are now 24 games into the 85 total regular season games spanning the 5-year life of Deshaun Watson's record-breaking $230M guaranteed contract. In addition to $230M guaranteed, the Browns depleted their future draft capital by giving up three 1st-round picks, one 3rd-round pick, and two 4th-round picks.

Watson hasn't played much due to the suspension that was expected, but also due to recent injuries. When he has played, his performance has been sub-par. The timeline below, summarizes his contribution at a high-level.

28% of the $230M contract has led to the following...

• Watson has played in only nine full games out of the first 24 games of his contract. 9 of 13 post-suspension.
  • 28% of the $230M has led to the team winning only five games with Watson on the field.
  • In Watsons 10 total games, he delivered an above league average ANY/A only two times. Thats right...aside from the fact that he hasn't played much, 80% of the time he has played, his performance was below average.

Allen can't even raise his arm to give a high 5 to his teammates and Deshaun Watson sits out multiple weeks for a shoulder strain.  Probably needs a massage therapist for that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.