Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

They didn't deserve to win the game but that penalty they picked up on the first play of the Patriots drive was egregious ..I mean they could use that in training videos for what illegal player downfield looks like.

All they needed was to hold them to a FG and they couldn't even do that. Pathetic.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, gordong said:

Harty and Shakir are not better... Harty was a horrible signing...   and Shakir is nothing special.  we have diggs and the rookie and nothing else in the pass game. 

they are better than knox and gabe.

at this point the top 3 weapons are diggs, cook, and kincaid. you get them the ball as much as possible.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Give Joe Brady a shot with the offense. Yes, it’s mostly execution, but they need a shakeup on offense. McD and Dorsey are ruining Josh. 

Yeah, I mean, Dorsey doesn't just call plays on gameday, right? He's supposed to be teaching, communicating, and planning throughout the week to get the offense ready. This offense does not look ready.

• Agree 2

Just now, Since1981 said:

No. There is no cap for coaches. 
get the best external possible 

I’m just talking this year. Then reevaluate at end of season.

Dorsey and Mike Shula are trying to turn this offense into the 2015 Panthers. Get out of here with that. Time to shake it up. Zero creativity. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

Just DVRd the play for the long gainer by the Pats where they threw the flag for Ineligible Receiver Downfield…it was really, really close, but not sure how they could pick up the flag unless somebody in the NY NFL office reviewed it, and then radioed down and told them to waive it off.

Obviously though, once again, the Bills offense sucked, and today, the D pretty much did too.

The refs were bad for both sides today. IMO their calls washed out in the end.. I also agree that play was close and both sides can say it was and wasn’t to far down field.. but a boarderline call like that shouldn’t change the outcome of a game. (IMO) mind you I was happy win or lose. I love watching my team win but a loss gives us a better draft pick.. the Pats are far from a SB team.. I kind of want the Michigan QB or Sanders.. since I don’t think we will get a top 3 pick now.. 

Just now, RG Murdock said:

Josh is becoming a novelty QB. Like Flutie or Vick. Makes circus plays, maddeningly fun to watch, but you'll never win the big one with him. I'm sorry, I like Josh, but he's not really coachable.  

Josh needs to trust who he's throwing to. We need to find him a consistent WR outside of Diggs. 

2 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

Josh is becoming a novelty QB. Like Flutie or Vick. Makes circus plays, maddeningly fun to watch, but you'll never win the big one with him. I'm sorry, I like Josh, but he's not really coachable.  

He’s too coachable. They’ve coached the fun factor out of him and made him taller Derek Carr 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

We've now lost to a bad jets team (yes I know they have a good d), a really bad Patriots team and almost lost by an inch to the giants. At this point I can't expect any wins. Even the bucs game could be a struggle. This is so terribly dissapointing 

The Bucs are better than the Pats.

• Agree 1

Just here to say… I’m officially on the get a new OC bandwagon.  This is the second year in a row… we came out of the gates looking unstoppable. Only to hit a big slump in the middle of the season. Defenses are jumping routes, shutting down the run, and playing half a step ahead of our offense.  And Dorsey has no adjustments to make.  

Add in the obligatory defensive meltdown at just the right times… and here we are.  

Struggling to look competent.  All too often the team looks unfocused, slow, and just out of sync on offense.  The defense is good, but one player misses a tackle and they give up 30 yard runs when they need 1 stop. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to try to find a silver lining here.  It isn't going to be easy, though.

Look.....here's the thing.  I hate this loss.  I hate every loss.  But after all those starters went down on defense, it was very obvious the #1 seed was out the window.  It was always going to be about running the gauntlet in the Playoffs.  This year, there is no dominant team in the AFC.  Throw a handful of teams in a hat and any one of them can beat any other team on any day.  So, this is about playing your best football in January and February.  Right now, we are playing our worst football not only of this season, but some of the worst football we have played in years. 

The thing is, as bad as it is, there is no doubt in my mind that at the end of the season, we will still be good enough to make the Playoffs.  And when that happens, what happened this week, last week, the week before, etc......whatever it is, makes no difference.  Winning the division, while nice, doesn't mean a whole lot.  Yes, we lose a home game.  I get that.  But potentially having to play in a warm weather city, a dome, or whatever, isn't the worst thing for this team that isn't built to run and stop the run in potentially bad weather. 

This has been a bit of a tangent for sure.  But the point is simple.  GET THIS CRAP FIGURED OUT NOW.  Do it before it is too late.  Find a way to get in the tournament and play your best football and, if you win, all of this gets forgotten.  But man, there is so much work to do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

He’s too coachable. They’ve coached the fun factor out of him and made him taller Derek Carr 

It could be that Allen's style of play just isn't sustainable over a long career. He has to run to be most effective and he keeps getting banged up with injuries that aren't enough to keep him out of games but hurt his performance.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think what I said kind of implied that. The o line is the worst in the NFL… and I think Allen had more pressure than Jones. Am I wrong?

I already know the Bills are not winning it this year, too many injuries and poor coaching. Neither team is doing anything in the next 2 years anyway. The Patriots picking in the top 4 would give them a chance at one of those QB’s, glad I don’t have to worry about that anymore 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.