Feeling dejected...

Ethan in Cleveland

57 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really in the dumps right now. I can handle the losses but the catastrophic injuries these past two years really have me down.

Seriously questioning why I still watch and care. Seeing grown men crying and literally dying on the field knowing their season and maybe their careers are over. All so some broadcast network can charge more for a commercial of something I would never purchase. 

The 90's teams had injuries but our core guys never missed huge chunks of time. I have no idea if injuries are more frequent now or more catastrophic. I know surgery and recovery is better than ever. Yet it still feels so hopeless. All the emotional investment we as a community invest only for it to be sprained, torn, or broken in seconds. 

Losing Milano is a gut shot I'm not sure I can get over. 

Find a new hobby then... at least nowadays players have enough money, if they are smart, to live the rest of their life with in a nice way.

Hopelessness ... emotional investment.. that's all on you. I have loved the Bills since the Kemp days but it's just a watch and see as always.

56 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Saddle up and move on.  The pass rush is elite when 50 56 40 57 and 91 are available.  O line is solid.  17 and 14 are healthy.  Keep on grinding and we will be good. 

Exactly. We have a winning record and a cake walk stretch of a schedule. Von Miller is on his way back too to boost an already fierce pass rush. All core offensive positions are in tact as well. Buffalo will make the WC at the very least and anything goes from there. Enjoy the season while it’s here. 

8 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Just being realistic and not a super fanatic. Two of the Bills best defensive players gone for the year. Poyer is slow, Milano gone, Tre gone, and Dorsey’s play calling??????

Please, give a strong argument on why Bills fans should be thinking SB. 

If losing Tre White and Matt Milano early in the season are the difference in making a Super Bowl run or not, then Josh Allen isn’t the QB we think he is, and we should clean house of Beane and McDermott.  

Its a lot to deal with in back to back weeks, and who knows if Jones is done.. but exactly zero contending teams lose a linebacker and think they can’t make a run. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

He’s probably gone.  But we’re still elite. 

I disagree. Von Miller is truly an elite pass rusher when healthy. If we get him back near 100% at some point, then he will make a huge difference. But otherwise we only have a solid pass rush. Not terrible by any stretch, but far from elite. 

I saw some encouraging play by the defense today though. Despite the slew of injuries on that side of the ball, they kept us in the game. Oliver had a couple boneheaded penalties early that turned 3 Jaguar points into 8, but beyond that I was very proud of how the defense played today. 

43 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I'm not entirely sure of that.  We saw quite a bit of Dodson today.  Not sure why. 

With 17 14 and a solid o-line we are always in the hunt.  The Jones injury hurts a lot.  He has been fantastic next to Oliver.  Time to overcome and give a little more than we get the rest of the way.  

And Dorsey? 

Honestly I appreciate your outlook and hope you're right. But the Bills overcoming what has happened to their defense the last 2 weeks (and making noise in the playoffs) will require the offense executing at a consistently high level. I'm not sold on Dorsey's ability to lead that attack. 

These injuries unfortunately take the team from Super Bowl contenders to a team that will still make the playoffs, but be a long shot to make the Super Bowl.

Another year of Josh Allen’s career ruined by things truly out of anybody’s control...just bad luck.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I was already there with Tre. Now Milano. It's gut wrenching. 

Edit: I said this last week with Tre but these two in particular represent the rebirth of this team. We went almost 20 years without making the playoffs until these guys helped turn our defense around enought to make it. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

After 30 years of traveling to Buffalo from Rochester for home game I’m just tired of doing it. I know that’s selfish sounding but I’ve never gotten a return on investment on all the time I’ve put in

I don’t drink so that’s not a thing for me. The excitement of the gameday experience has worn off long ago. It’s just hoping they finally come through once and bring it home for the WNY area. It’s still a possibility but these games they should win and cost us the # 1 seed just put a damper on things. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really in the dumps right now. I can handle the losses but the catastrophic injuries these past two years really have me down.

Seriously questioning why I still watch and care. Seeing grown men crying and literally dying on the field knowing their season and maybe their careers are over. All so some broadcast network can charge more for a commercial of something I would never purchase. 

The 90's teams had injuries but our core guys never missed huge chunks of time. I have no idea if injuries are more frequent now or more catastrophic. I know surgery and recovery is better than ever. Yet it still feels so hopeless. All the emotional investment we as a community invest only for it to be sprained, torn, or broken in seconds. 

Pete Davidson Ok GIF by Saturday Night Live

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If losing Tre White and Matt Milano early in the season are the difference in making a Super Bowl run or not, then Josh Allen isn’t the QB we think he is, and we should clean house of Beane and McDermott.  

Its a lot to deal with in back to back weeks, and who knows if Jones is done.. but exactly zero contending teams lose a linebacker and think they can’t make a run. 

They are just adders…Dorsey is the reason why. But it also doesn’t help losing two top tier defensive players. 

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Being that TJ Watt came back from a torn pec last year after I think 10 weeks gives me at least some hope that Jones can be back by the playoffs or late in the season.

That was partially torn IIRC. Hope Jones isn’t totally torn.

36 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Exactly. We have a winning record and a cake walk stretch of a schedule. Von Miller is on his way back too to boost an already fierce pass rush. All core offensive positions are in tact as well. Buffalo will make the WC at the very least and anything goes from there. Enjoy the season while it’s here. 

Cake wallk of a schedule for the next few weeks yes, but 5 out of the last 6 games are going to be very tough. A lot can happen between now and then, but 10-7 seems to be the ceiling, which means all or all but one playoff game on the road, if they make the playoffs at all.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

Cake wallk of a schedule for the next few weeks yes, but 5 out of the last 6 games are going to be very tough. A lot can happen between now and then, but 10-7 seems to be the ceiling, which means all or all but one playoff game on the road, if they make the playoffs at all.

The experiment is working well. The Bills are now a road playoff team. KC and Miami soon to be the #1-2 seeds. No one cares about justice, they only want to sing Sweet Caroline. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Injury bug has bitten the Bills again. Dorsey just ain’t it. He’s really not. I’ve never seen a more disjointed Bills offense with so much talent. On fire one week. Inexplicably lost the next. 

The Chiefs have such a clear shot to the SB with the Bills D injured/inconsistent offense and Burrow is lame. 

Poyer and Hyde got old fast and Von looked slow as well. The Bills may have to go through a couple down years here moving forward and reload. 

Now give me those sweet sweet eyerolls!

😴

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Pete Davidson Ok GIF by Saturday Night Live

He forgot that you can only post overly optimistic opinions while wearing rose colored glasses with a gigantic jug of Dorsey kool-aide at the ready. 

Can you bring us back down to earth and let us all know how the Bills win the SB this year?  

Anxiously waiting your non-answear filled with snarky comebacks and little substance.  🙄 

• Eyeroll 1

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Bills didn't just lose a linebacker. They lost arguably the best linebacker in the game, on top of losing White and potentially Jones for the season. Their CB situation is borderline dire at the moment, as we saw how Elam was picked on. Never say die, but it's hard to overstate the damage done by the injuries to this defense.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

The Bills didn't just lose a linebacker. They lost arguably the best linebacker in the game, on top of losing White and potentially Jones for the season. Their CB situation is borderline dire at the moment, as we saw how Elam was picked on. Never say die, but it's hard to overstate the damage done by the injuries to this defense.

If the Niners lose Fred Warner, do you take them out of the running?

Beane isn’t going to trade away a bunch of picks to address all these injuries, but at least these injuries happened before the trade deadline. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If the Niners lose Fred Warner, do you take them out of the running?

Beane isn’t going to trade away a bunch of picks to address all these injuries, but at least these injuries happened before the trade deadline. 

If they lose Fred Warner, their top cover CB and top D lineman, then yes.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Saddle up and move on.  The pass rush is elite when 50 56 40 57 and 91 are available.  O line is solid.  17 and 14 are healthy.  Keep on grinding and we will be good. 

IMHO, good enough to beat poor to good teams. Not good enough to advance far in the playoffs vs very good teams. 

I guess we will see in a few months. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Offense is intact.

They’ve had 2/5 games where they haven’t shown up. 

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

Daquan Jones has been phenomenal, and maybe he has been our best DL, but this line still has Von, Rousseau, Floyd, Epenesa and Oliver.   It’s not like we’re the Raiders and lose Maxx Crosby. 

Tre probably is our best cover corner, but Benford was right there with him.. and the Bills can find a corner before the trade deadline if they truly feel they need to upgrade there.  There are guys always made available, ranging from depth to starters to star players at that position that get traded in-season.   

Milano is the gut punch, but this isn’t 1995 and a linebacker isn’t the difference between making a run or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Exactly.  It's amazing how so many people are downplaying injuries to top players of ours.  Not only that but being this early into the season you have to account for other potential injuries before we get to to the finish line.  I'm not saying the season is completely over but I don't think it's wrong for fans to change expectations based on significant players going out for the season and other players dealing with nagging injuries.  It totally sucks but it is going to make an impact.  

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Bills spent too many off-season trying to maintain instead of getting appreciably better. 

So instead of being the Rams, who actually went all the way, we are going to be the Packers sans Super Bowl. Always in the conversation, but always a bridesmaid.

Are you a troll?

11 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Daquon is awesome, but we will still have Ed, Von, Groot and Floyd on that DL. and AJ...who expected what he has turned into?

Milano and Tre are devastating but this team will still go as far as their offense can take them. We have 2.5 months to tune it up so that it's humming in January, and as gross as this game was, there is nothing fundamentally making me worry that that isn't possible. 

20 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Let's see how it goes.  We were also missing Groot & Benford today.  When Benford gets back, we don't need to utilize Elam as much, and we're still a solid CB unit.

Milano is a huge loss, if it's the worst.  We still don't know.  I'd bet Beane would be looking at a trade if that's the case.

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Find a new hobby then... at least nowadays players have enough money, if they are smart, to live the rest of their life with in a nice way.

Hopelessness ... emotional investment.. that's all on you. I have loved the Bills since the Kemp days but it's just a watch and see as always.

Everyone's watch and see is different. Everyone's emotional commitment is different. There's no wrong or right answer here. 

Just classless to tell a fan to find a new hobby. A little empathy goes a long way 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Williams played well in place of Milano. This team is still a team to beat. Today's game was flukey Imo. Bills just flat out sucked today, and the injuries didn't help, but i still think the bills are a top 3 or 4 team 

Williams was bench bro.. yeah, people are going to convince themselves he played well despite being yanked

It was a dumb draft pick, something that we have a history of doing on middle round linebackers

1 hour ago, goldenboy81 said:

Losing tre and milano is really gonna hurt come playoff time. Really hope Beane can make a trade 

Hate to break it to you buddy, but even with those two this team wasn't making a deep playoff run

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Williams played well in place of Milano. This team is still a team to beat. Today's game was flukey Imo. Bills just flat out sucked today, and the injuries didn't help, but i still think the bills are a top 3 or 4 team 

I agree. Williams missed a few tackles over pursuing, I think that’s why we seen Dotson. That’s easy to clean up. You never know what you are gonna get in London.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Everyone's watch and see is different. Everyone's emotional commitment is different. There's no wrong or right answer here. 

Just classless to tell a fan to find a new hobby. A little empathy goes a long way 

Oh, you didn’t know? If you feel differently than @T&C than your not a real fan. I mean, he is the authority on being a fan. He was probably screaming “Super Bowl here we come” when Orton was QB.

Kindly burn all your Bills gear….Thank you. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.