Bills injuries - Milano , Da Jones, Floyd

DJB

Realistically, without Milano, Tre and Jones, our D went from elite to solid. Is it enough to win a SB? Maybe if the offense is on fire every week. Based on today's game, it won't be. When a team takes away our gameplan, we have no ability to scheme around it and adjust. Jets and Jags took our looks away and we kept doing the same things over and over that didn't work. The offense gave this game away and put our D in untenable positions. At least Dorsey has a ready formula for 3 and outs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

Oddly, this loss ( so far) is almost entirely on the supporting cast around Josh, and NOT the defense with 6 freaking injuries. Josh has also played extremely well

Feels like for the most part he's played exactly how they've asked him to play, which isn't to say that's been exactly what they've needed at all times.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I just can't understand how this keeps happening.

We had an unbelievable amount of injures on D last year.  It was a good feeling to get away from last season and get guys back healthy.

This season is somehow shaping up to be even worse if that's even possible.

The Bills had several seasons of extremely good fortune with injuries vs league average before that. Just things evening out a bit as much as that sucks . 

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Some of you need to get it together. The season is not over. There are talented rookies on here who can step up. Dorian Williams is one of them. 

Did Williams play well? I got called away in the second half. The commentary here was "Dorian sucks" AND "Dorian rocks!"

49 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

We need to trade for surtain. I cannot watch this piss poor coverage for 12+ more weeks. If you can beat our front rush you will dink and dunk all day to a W

I’m not sure we want to be trading away our first at this point. Coming off this loss and losing White, Milano and Daquon in the past two weeks. Could be looking at a tough season. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m not sure we want to be trading away our first at this point. Coming off this loss and losing White, Milano and Daquon. Could be looking at a tough season. 

I would happily trade a first and even a 2nd or 3rd down the road for surtain. We have no CB1 and we will not have one moving fwd. these guys don’t fall off trees. Even if we draft one next year it could end up like Elam 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, finn said:

Did Williams play well? I got called away in the second half. The commentary here was "Dorian sucks" AND "Dorian rocks!"

Looked like a rookie. Definitely got some talent. Could tell he was thinking as he wasn’t just flying around. There was hesitation in his footwork consistently throughout the day. Got lost in coverage at times, didn’t trigger vs the run at times, but also made some big time plays in both run and pass as well. He’ll be alright. Needs reps.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Koufax said:

I wrote about it in the other thread, but I played in Europe (another sport) 14 seasons, and remember every trip over there. You have two priorities:

1) Go as early as you can. Every 24 hour window before performance will be a big benefit.

2) Once travel is set and you can't change it to earlier, shift your schedule at home drastically. Individual players choosing 4am jogs Monday morning, Tues/Weds practice as early in the day as allowed.

3) There is no three. Everything goes into the first two. It sucks, but is the way to maximize your Sunday performance in a strange time zone.

4) I never got a chance to do it and always had red-eyes (west coast start), but from NY you can fly morning with an evening arrival, and I would suspect that is easier on sleep schedule.

I wonder if the Bills did any of #2?, that one does make sense.  WRT #4 it likely does kill an entire day going from morning to England during the daytime where as going from west to east coast, team can still practice in morning and get to east coast at a reasonable time.

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

This is a weird loss. I think several factors are at play:

1. injuries seem to have taken the air out of the team a bit.

2. Playing in London was a factor vs a team that has been there 2+ weeks. This was supposed to be OUR home game. We had no advantage.

3. Despite the loss, this team showed a lot of character today. Some of these injuries are potentially season ending, yet the defense showed what they’re made of. 
4. possibly penalties today did us in more than anything else. 

The difference between McD and Frazier calling the D is night/day. We are lucky to have him as HC. 

on to the Giants. 

Your 2nd point the more I think about really did screw us and was rather unfair as it was our home game.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think we can all agree the Bills looked asleep in the 1st half and really the rest of the game too. What works for 1 team doesn't work for all

Agree, but not sure going a day or two earlier would have helped either. 2nd half looked better, but still struggled.  IMO the injuries were the bigger thing and can't blame injuries on the offensive side.  Is Jax defense just that good or something else?  O line had a rough game WRT penalties.

3 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I would happily trade a first and even a 2nd or 3rd down the road for surtain. We have no CB1 and we will not have one moving fwd. these guys don’t fall off trees. Even if we draft one next year it could end up like Elam 

Trading a 1st for a cornerback is essentially committing organizational suicide.

its not a 7 on 7 league.  The game is won and lost in the trenches.

First round picks come with 5 year contracts and usually are among the best players on your team or will be going forward.

trading anything higher than a 3 for a corner is pure craziness and if it is a third they had better be a great corner.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Realistically, without Milano, Tre and Jones, our D went from elite to solid. Is it enough to win a SB? Maybe if the offense is on fire every week. Based on today's game, it won't be. When a team takes away our gameplan, we have no ability to scheme around it and adjust. Jets and Jags took our looks away and we kept doing the same things over and over that didn't work. The offense gave this game away and put our D in untenable positions. At least Dorsey has a ready formula for 3 and outs. 

I think Super Bowl caliber Defense can be quantified in two ways.  

An elite overall defense and an elite pass rush.  

-I do think elite pass rush is on the table. 

-However, elite overall defense took a big hit. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Trading a 1st for a cornerback is essentially committing organizational suicide.

its not a 7 on 7 league.  The game is won and lost in the trenches.

First round picks come with 5 year contracts and usually are among the best players on your team or will be going forward.

trading anything higher than a 3 for a corner is pure craziness and if it is a third they had better be a great corner.  

Okay. We will watch them get carved up all year then. Sounds like a solid plan. 

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

they won't.  They have a good group still.  

I am sure they will go out and get help somewhere but it wont be a big name.  

3 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Even with the injuries the D more than held their own today.  This D should be 5-0.  We lose when our offense sucks, which unfortunately happens too frequently.  They are just wildly inconsistent and that ultimately is our undoing.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Even with the injuries the D more than held their own today.  This D should be 5-0.  We lose when our offense sucks, which unfortunately happens too frequently.  They are just wildly inconsistent and that ultimately is our undoing.

Correct but this team still have games against Miami, Philly, kc, cincy (I know), Dallas, and la. Those are offenses that will absolutely punish us if Dane Jackson and Benford are the only capable cbs we have. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Think that is the season. Sorry to be negative. But in two weeks we lost oir 2 best defenders. Von clearly can't go yet. And our safeties are just too far gone. 

Ed Oliver, AJE and Bernard were brilliant. Not enough around them.

I understand your sentiment and our SB chances just dropped A LOT. But I am not ready to give up just yet. We don't know if both Milano and Jones are done for the season. Miller being not 100% now is irrelevant, we need him to be ready in December. We still migth trade for a CB.

But yes, the margin for any other injuries just became really small, and it is just week 5.

Anyway, despite all those losses (+Benford and Rousseau out and Floyd limping) defense still did plenty enough to win today. And I think they could be good enough to win a SB. Offense just needs to execute better.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

our training staff sucks.  do they stretch anyone before games.  the amount of tendon and muscle injuries is unreal.

not to mention it was this “sports medicine” team that suggested the Friday travel day.   

I think these guys also selected the cleats against Cincy.  This organization still makes dumb decisions.  I can tolerate a jet lag loss. I can't tolerate injuries on this walker field.

54 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Yeah it’s not like we get what we want out of our first round picks lately. Getting a proven player to help now doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me

26 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

our training staff sucks.  do they stretch anyone before games.  the amount of tendon and muscle injuries is unreal.

not to mention it was this “sports medicine” team that suggested the Friday travel day.   

Where did you hear it was them that suggested the team leave that day??

51 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The only player that I know that probably has a season ending injury is probably Milano and I really hope not but if that is the case, I think Dorian Williams can step in there

Praying that we’re not losing everybody for the season

Doesn't look good for Jones. A torn pec will end his season.

The Milano injury is devasting and heart breaking, but Daquon Jones going down pisses me off. Our D is now fundamentally compromised because we don't have a 1 tech. It's the same ***** as ever year. Why is it so difficult to carry an extra one tech on the roster? Someone please explain this to me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.