TNF. Sorry, is CHI/WSH worth a thread?

stevestojan

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Lmfao on the deep over to McLaurin…Edmunds trips over himself. I always liked that guy but man it was funny 

I remember Lorax declaring the guy a “future Hall of Famer” and what a joke that turned out to be. He’s a terrible leader of men, a waste of God-given talent, and a total zero as a football player. I say total zero when you consider the athletic attributes and measurables. 

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I drafted Fields and every time I play him, he sucks. Every time I bench him (the last 2 weeks), he blows up. 

I should bribe him since I obviously am controlling his nfl career wirh my fantasy team. 

Like Andy Reid? 😉

He seems like a very blah, uninspiring coach. Weird name too. 

At least Reid had blown a bunch of NFCC games in Philly….

Maybe “RiverboatRon” just needs a Mahomes to unlock his coaching genius?  Lol..good pickup!

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just Fields has really been turning a corner..  his physical gifts are phenomenal

If he can keep progressing with the little things he has all the physical talent

Good for him for fighting through adversity over the last few years

They dared him to chuck it and he did quite a bit.  He missed a lot of other open throws too.  

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

“Giants are worse than the Bears.”

WEO

@Mr. WEO

The Bears didn’t want let you down after your  vote of confidence. 

…and no, it is not good to be a Giants fan. Boy the turns have tabled with that team.

Daniel Jones regression has been a pretty swift fall.  I feel like to win with this guy you need - a solid RB, great offensive line, and multiple playmakers.  At that point you could probably put sam howell in and get the same results.  

• Agree 1

This game turned out differently than expected.  One thing that stood out was the lousy play of Tremaine Edmunds.  Shades of Jairus Byrd, a Bills safety who had a big year with the Bills in 2014, then signed a huge FA contract with the Saints, where he completely underperformed.  Edmunds did what he was supposed to do with the Bills, occupying space in the middle of the defense, and then he signed a huge FA contract with the Bears.  I watched him last night, avoiding collisions until he could clean up a tackle a teammate made.  He had an egregious missed tackle on a Commanders' receiver, and just whiffed and did nothing to try to catch up with the guy he missed.  After watching the Bills defense hustling at all times this year, it was a shocking difference.  

Whether or not he was a contributor to the Bills defensive success remains a question we can debate, but Edmunds and his massive contract are now contributing to the Bears defensive struggles.  Looks like he got paid and now he's happy to be a passenger instead of a driver on the new team's defense.

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Daniel Jones regression has been a pretty swift fall.  I feel like to win with this guy you need - a solid RB, great offensive line, and multiple playmakers.  At that point you could probably put sam howell in and get the same results.  

Daniel Jones 'regression' IMO comes on the heels of his OL's 'regression'. 

But I agree he's a QB who needs a solid run game and at least an adequate OL to flourish.  I think if you give him that, he can do OK against most secondaries with just competent skill guys - did he not do so last season?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They dared him to chuck it and he did quite a bit.  He missed a lot of other open throws too.  

Yeah, I knew he wasn't "great", B3, but holy mackerel is this ever an epic meltdown right before your eyes.  

I may have stated this somewhere else here or amongst friends in a text thread, but I believe the Giants have won 4 out of their last 14 regular season games.

Whoa Nelly...I'm one of the guys who previously stated in the off season that I liked what they were building.

The fish stinks from the QB head, but they have problems in multiple areas.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Daniel Jones 'regression' IMO comes on the heels of his OL's 'regression'. 

But I agree he's a QB who needs a solid run game and at least an adequate OL to flourish.  I think if you give him that, he can do OK against most secondaries with just competent skill guys - did he not do so last season?

3200 yards passing and 15 TDs just doesn't scream... good QB.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

This game turned out differently than expected.  One thing that stood out was the lousy play of Tremaine Edmunds.  Shades of Jairus Byrd, a Bills safety who had a big year with the Bills in 2014, then signed a huge FA contract with the Saints, where he completely underperformed.  Edmunds did what he was supposed to do with the Bills, occupying space in the middle of the defense, and then he signed a huge FA contract with the Bears.  I watched him last night, avoiding collisions until he could clean up a tackle a teammate made.  He had an egregious missed tackle on a Commanders' receiver, and just whiffed and did nothing to try to catch up with the guy he missed.  After watching the Bills defense hustling at all times this year, it was a shocking difference.  

Whether or not he was a contributor to the Bills defensive success remains a question we can debate, but Edmunds and his massive contract are now contributing to the Bears defensive struggles.  Looks like he got paid and now he's happy to be a passenger instead of a driver on the new team's defense.

Hes big and rangy in the middle - in tampa 2 you have to be careful when attacking the seams and he does more to discourage you to throw in that area than actually breaking up plays or creating turnovers.  Tampa 2 has holes though, namely underneath short, out routes, and deep crossers because it'll require that deep middle LB to follow. 

I noticed on a deep crosser that he didnt have enough depth to break up one - he knew the crosser was there but he didn't play it deep enough to impact it.  Trying to discourage the throw more than actually being able to do anything with it.  You ask a lot of the player in that situation, and he is a fit for what Eberflus wants to run.  He just needs more from the front 4 and safeties to actually be able to effectively run that scheme.  A team with a good offensive line is going to attack you with the run game, and create space behind the LBs in play action.  

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

3200 yards passing and 15 TDs just doesn't scream... good QB.  

I mean, that was Josh Allen in 2019, right?  111 fewer yards, 5 more TD, 4 more INTs.  

And like Allen. Jones added 7 rush TD (2019 Allen had 9) and 700 rush yards.

The idea is Jones had 24 TD and similar passing yardage under Shurmur his rookie year, so last year wasn’t a one-off, Garrett /Kitchens was an aberration, and Kafka/Daboll will get better production his 2nd year in the system.  

Obviously that’s not what seems to be happening, I’m just pointing out 1) rush production should be taken into account, as with Allen, Hurts, Jackson etc 2) what the reasoning likely was

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Hes big and rangy in the middle - in tampa 2 you have to be careful when attacking the seams and he does more to discourage you to throw in that area than actually breaking up plays or creating turnovers.  Tampa 2 has holes though, namely underneath short, out routes, and deep crossers because it'll require that deep middle LB to follow. 

I noticed on a deep crosser that he didnt have enough depth to break up one - he knew the crosser was there but he didn't play it deep enough to impact it.  Trying to discourage the throw more than actually being able to do anything with it.  You ask a lot of the player in that situation, and he is a fit for what Eberflus wants to run.  He just needs more from the front 4 and safeties to actually be able to effectively run that scheme.  A team with a good offensive line is going to attack you with the run game, and create space behind the LBs in play action.  

If he's not actually going to do anything on his own when plays come into his area, other teams will catch on, and all that height and length won't matter anymore.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Chicago blows a huge lead and loses to the equally bad Broncos, while the Redskins play the Eagles tough in Philly, and lose in OT.   So what happens this week, Chicago strolls into DC and dominates them.  Life of an NFL franchise. 😂

That's why they ... well, you know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.