Tre White Injury Updates (Torn Achilles now confirmed)

Process

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ramsey was not the main reason for that.  

Von was a menace.  It was the pass rush with Miller, Donald and Floyd. 

The main takeaway from the Rams Super Bowl run is that accumulating a large amount of star talent, including Ramsey, pays off. 

Ramsey was a part of that group. Is he better than AD? Of course not, but he was certainly a key piece. 

Bengals had Eli Apple instead and paid the price.

Edited by FireChans
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

The main takeaway from the Rams Super Bowl run is that accumulating a large amount of star talent, including Ramsey, pays off. 

Ramsey was a part of that group. Is he better than AD? Of course not, but he was certainly a key piece. 

I mean yeah don't have Eli Apple, that's an awful comparison that's comparing an NFL Cornerback with a pile of burnt toast.

This news really blows. I always looked at Tre White as the first building block to the great defense we see now. I hope he somehow finds his way back on a NFL roster in the future, but the chances are slim. What hurts the most is how great of a person he is. We need to win it all and get him his ring. 

Regardless, the show must go on. Can the next man step up? This is what football is all about. Seize the day, Elam. 

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Ramsey got TOASTED late in the game and was bailed out by Donald.

I don't know where else to put this, but I got this info from my usual source (I'm quoting verbatim): "Rousseau may have a lower leg injury. Something that COULD cost him a few weeks IF he feels like he can't play through it."

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be too serious. He had that high ankle sprain last year that nagged him over the final half of the season. Personally I would sit him a couple games if it comes to it, play the long game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know where else to put this, but I got this info from my usual source (I'm quoting verbatim): "Rousseau may have a lower leg injury. Something that COULD cost him a few weeks IF he feels like he can't play through it."

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be too serious. He had that high ankle sprain last year that nagged him over the final half of the season. Personally I would sit him a couple games if it comes to it, play the long game.

Ugh, that would suck.

Didn't Greg make the last sack of the game? Basically ran out the clock after that...possible it was 2nd to last drive.

But either way didn't seem to hamper him near end of game, so hopefully something more on the minor side

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Ugh, that would suck.

Didn't Greg make the last sack of the game? Basically ran out the clock after that...possible it was 2nd to last drive.

But either way didn't seem to hamper him near end of game, so hopefully something more on the minor side

Yeah I was a little perplexed by my source's report too, I didn't see anything in the game that indicated Rousseau got hurt, but my source hasn't been wrong yet.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I totally agree on taking the long view. It’s like owning certain luxury cars, a couple needs three or four of them, because something is always in the shop! In this case, we may need an Uber for a week or two. 

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

You mean on the uncalled PI?

Second to last play or maybe even the last one…..I can’t recall exactly.  He still hasn’t found his jock and the WR was open by 15 yards.  Donald has Burrow occupied or Cincy wins.  Also note Diggs has torched Ramsey on the regular.  Ramsey’s biggest  trait is his mouth.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

With how Jones/Oliver are playing, I’d be tempted to rest him this week and roll with Floyd, Epenesa, Lawson and Jonathan. 

Just like they potentially did with Poyer/Rapp this past week.. trust your depth.   It’s a long season.  AJ seems to have made the jump, and I’d be open to giving him his shot in the spotlight.  

Then if we’re targeting Week 6 for Von, we can hopefully buy another couple weeks for Rousseau, if need be. 

On Rousseau - I'm told it's a foot injury, not sure exactly what kind. There was a moment near the end of the 2nd quarter where his foot was stepped on and you can see him look at his foot funny and kind of shake it, my source says this is likely when the injury occurred. He played the rest of the game though so hopefully that's a sign that it is minor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Are you sure he's not just dragging the bloated corpse of Terron Armstead stuck to the bottom of his shoe?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Rawrrrr!! Well he got the sack late in the game on 4th down, so hopefully it heals up fast

This is just awful. Roll all the turf up and burn it. 

if you ask 100 people what they’d prefer to play tackle football on-plastic turf or grass, I bet 100 would say natural grass.

***** the cost, the owners can easily afford it. The non contact injuries are piling up year after year on this *****.

dont @ me with the rubbish “it’s a physical sport” bull####. We know it’s physical that’s why we need to minimize injury opportunities. 

/rant

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

6 months he'll be back. They're getting better at coming back from these.

Agreed.

He's not dying and he is not 50.

If it were a knee I truly get the gnashing of teeth.  This is terrible, but I also believe he won't miss a day of training camp, let alone any meaningful games.

• Like (+1) 1

Ok he tore 2 Achilles (Not 2 ACLs) in his history.

This is still bad news though regardless. Career ending to me. Again, we wish the best for him. He should recover and call it a career. He was already bad from the first tear.

Y'all still want him back on the field? We're wasting a roster spot if that's the case.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Disagree 1

Tre was really back, too - he was playing great.

This game can be really cruel. It is such a long road back when you have an ACL tear - and he made that journey.  And then within a few games of getting all the way there, this happens.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Agreed.

He's not dying and he is not 50.

If it were a knee I truly get the gnashing of teeth.  This is terrible, but I also believe he won't miss a day of training camp, let alone any meaningful games.

At least with a knee you can get back to or almost to 100%.

Tre is a DB.  He'll never get back to where he is now.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

Could anyone see Tre doing the Rod Woodson thing and transitioning to safety if his wheels don't fully recover to cornerback level agility?

He'll be 29 next year, so even perfectly healthy he'd be nearing the end as a top CB.

After this injury, if he wants to keep playing he'll probably have to adjust to some role other than "shutdown CB." He clearly has the determination to come back, and he's just a plain damn good football player. So I wouldn't bet against him, but sadly I think his days as an elite CB are now over.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

This is still bad news though regardless. Career ending to me. Again, we wish the best for him. He should recover and call it a career. He was already bad from the first tear.

Y'all still want him back on the field? We're wasting a roster spot if that's the case.

When did he tear his Achilles the first time?

I don't think you are understanding the anatomy of his injuries.

I'm only aware of the ACL that he came back from last year. ACL is the anterior cruciate ligament in the knee. Then he just tore his Achilles tendon, which connects the calf muscle to the back of the heel, on Sunday.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/tredavious-white/9514

Edited by Herc11

16 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Boss WTF are you talking about? He's torn his ACL once and Achilles once

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38550320/bills-cb-tredavious-white-season-ending-torn-achilles

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-cb-tre-davious-white-out-for-season-with-torn-acl

On 10/2/2023 at 8:24 PM, HappyDays said:

On Rousseau - I'm told it's a foot injury, not sure exactly what kind. There was a moment near the end of the 2nd quarter where his foot was stepped on and you can see him look at his foot funny and kind of shake it, my source says this is likely when the injury occurred. He played the rest of the game though so hopefully that's a sign that it is minor.

Yep.  He’s not practicing today.  

On 10/2/2023 at 5:38 PM, HappyDays said:

Eesh

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.