Stopping the Miami Offense (and Tua the wizard) - Lets hear the ideas.

Chaos

I'm in the rush 3 camp and put an extra safety spy in the middle of the field.   Almost all of miami's passing attack is timing routes over the middle.   If we can jump one or two of them that can change the game.   Forcing tua to take the sideline throws will diminish his game a lot.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

if we keep doing what we are doing on O, controlling the line of scrimmage and running a strong balanced offense, then miami will be forced to go for bigger plays.

if we disguise coverage and absolutely body tua, he will make mistakes.  milano and the new force on our D TITAN TERREL BERNARD just need to get some free hits on tua and he will crumble.

one thing that really sucked vs dc was the penalties.  we killed at lest 2 drives where i thought we'd get a TD, and we extended drives for them too with really badly timed penalties.  a slight improvement there and we woulda had a 50 burger.

Miami put up 70 on a ***** team. Still, that is impressive.

They put up 24 against the hoodie and 30 something against a garbage Chargers defense.

The Bills defense has looked rather impressive against 3 not so good offenses.

To me, this looks a lot like it was last year between these teams with the exception of the Bills defense is very healthy and Tua seems to be as well.

Bills win 37-26.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

If Tua is getting rid of the ball so quickly, (1st in the league) then it means he is throwing to his 1st option and his eyes should tell you where he is throwing.

Taking away that 1st option, forces him to scan for other options, equals more time for the DL to get pressures.

Also having the DL raise arms to tip/bat down passes should be more effective, easier to achieve than sacks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Didn’t this happen last year too?

then we played them with back up safeties in a 1000 degrees and our offense put up 500 yards offense in Miami?

lots of similarities on this time?

we have our starting safeties - though some dingbats on this board thinks our backfield has slowed down - lo and behind we are indeed better with the proof starting to show (turnovers generated - yards nonexistent for opponents)

I love buffalo isn’t getting the attention but dang we look BETTER than last year in my opinion 

side note that stupid punk mcdaniels is now my most hated coach in the nfl - he is such a weasel.  Hate his cockiness and his idiotic takes on Tua last year “oh we didn’t know” to now “oh I think the nfl respects what we did “

you ran up the score on a team in the nfl - you’re an idiot and I hope the rest of the nfl hates that team and just wants to blast them now

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

First things first. Aggressively stop the run. They moved the ball at times VERY well against us last year and their run game looks to have improved. Stop that and make them one dimensional.

Second, mix in some 3 safety looks, but don't sit in that exclusively. Pressure will have problems getting home...so coach up all week for the DL to get their hands up. Bat some balls down. 

Bump WRs off the line. 

/thread. 

They have not played a physical team yet. If you get in to a track meet, you lose. 

Abuse their OL, stop the run, get to Tua, keep everything in front of you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Do what we normally do.

Yesterday is not the norm for Miami. That was MOSTLY on the fact that the Broncos simply stopped tackling.

350 yards ON THE GROUND?!? Disgusting and pathetic, Denver.

Same Dolphins:

Dolphins 36

Chargers 34

Dolphins 24

Patriots 17

Just do our thing.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The effort from the Broncos D was noticeably terrible.  Got to fly to the carrier, wrap up etc.

This is the real story line from that game yesterday.

It's far more a failing of the Broncos than it is any type of dominance by Miami.

Any offense will put up 70 when the Defense stops trying to tackle.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Do what we normally do.

Yesterday is not the norm for Miami. That was MOSTLY on the fact that the Broncos simply stopped tackling.

350 yards ON THE GROUND?!? Disgusting and pathetic, Denver.

Same Dolphins:

Dolphins 36

Chargers 34

Dolphins 24

Patriots 17

Just do our thing.

This is the real story line from that game yesterday.

It's far more a failing of the Broncos than it is any type of dominance by Miami.

Any offense will put up 70 when the Defense stops trying to tackle.

Still think the pats win that game if they weren’t missing a lot of their offensive line. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Blank Stare said:

Jeremy and Joe on WGR in full panic mode about Miami. Got that to look forward to all week I guess 🫠.

I'm not in panic mode, but the Bills offense is Allen & Diggs (with Cook sprinkled in) while Miami has all of their offensive depth not only getting touches, but major contributions. 

The Bills offense can be fantastic and they're well coached, but I think it's not unreasonable to call it much more one dimensional. 

Despite putting 70 up this week, Miami only has a +3 point differential advantage over the Bills so far this season. 

Miami is #1 (+59), Buffalo is #2 (+56) in the league. No one else has greater than +50.

Certainly will be an interesting matchup

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm not in panic mode, but the Bills offense is Allen & Diggs (with Cook sprinkled in) while Miami has all of their offensive depth not only getting touches, but major contributions. 

The Bills offense can be fantastic and they're well coached, but I think it's not unreasonable to call it much more one dimensional. 

No question this will be a tough game. Biggest challenge of the season thus far. But the local media acting like we can’t hang with or beat the fins is absurd. I’d imagine the national media will be beating the same drum all week too. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Blank Stare said:

No question this will be a tough game. Biggest challenge of the season thus far. But the local media acting like we can’t hang with or beat the fins is absurd. I’d imagine the national media will be beating the same drum all week too. 

Truth. 

The game is going to be a coinflip assuming we don't get Shellshocked Allen, and it'll probably come down to some turnover or goofy special teams shenanigans. 

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously putting up 70 is insane but a few things:

- Their first two games came down to the last play. NE was 1 foot away from converting that first down and having a real shot at winning. NE really slowed them down in the second half. They can be slowed down.

- Last season their offense was on fire (as was ours) in the beginning but things change, defenses adjust. Our defense is playing as good as any right now and I like our offense against their defense more then Their O against our D.

This is going to be a tough game for both teams

His chart is ALWAYS the same. 

Bernard and Milano will be VERY KEY this week. 

allow them to pull those lanes and you control this offense. 

only works if you can get pressure with the front 4. 

middle pressure is KEY. 

so my concept

Groot and Oliver pressuring from Interior 

Floyd and Epenesa on outside 

Milano and Bernard in zones in those middle passing lanes

Hill bracketed

can even run some of that Cloud 3 umbrella that NE ran 

this COULD be a week Elam is activated over another Lber. 

IMG_9340.png

Evidence to me that ELAM will be active Sunday. 

IMG_9342.png

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

His chart is ALWAYS the same. 

Bernard and Milano will be VERY KEY this week. 

allow them to pull those lanes and you control this offense. 

only works if you can get pressure with the front 4. 

middle pressure is KEY. 

so my concept

Groot and Oliver pressuring from Interior 

Floyd and Epenesa on outside 

Milano and Bernard in zones in those middle passing lanes

Hill bracketed

can even run some of that Cloud 3 umbrella that NE ran 

this COULD be a week Elam is activated over another Lber. 

IMG_9340.png

Evidence to me that ELAM will be active Sunday. 

IMG_9342.png

Wow they sure do exploit the middle of the field...just wondering if we make Tua throw down the sidelines is he less accurate or has he been good there as well?

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Wow they sure do exploit the middle of the field...just wondering if we make Tua throw down the sidelines is he less accurate or has he been good there as well?

He doesn’t throw there. There offense isn’t built that way. Majority first reads are WRs crossing after a motion head start.

And refuses to throw left. Take the middle and he becomes the indecisive turnover Tua 

Edited by MAJBobby

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.