Davante Adams Calling OUT RAPP!

balln

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

On the flip side, if this happened to Diggs there would be a lot of people not happy with the raiders safety

31 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I can't remember the last topic that had so many disappointing takes...

They're just homer takes. And you're damn right if someone on the Miami D hit Diggs like that there would be a 100+ page thread lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Rapp was just trying to make a play. Adams is being a baby.

And was out of control while trying to make that play. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'll start by saying, yes it was a penalty. And Rapp will likely be fined for it. As he probably should.

But I want to compare that hit to the hit Travis Hunter took the night before in the Colorado/Colorado State game. That hit was vicious. That hit was uncalled for. And the next day Travis Hunter basically said, "Hey, it's football. It happens.". 

Adams really could have handled it mich the same way as this kid did, with some professionalism. Instead he goes in on Rapp personally a bit. While I hate to see those kind of hit happen, Hunter is correct. It's football an those collisions will happen. It sucks for sure....but it's always been and always will be part of why a WR gets that paycheck.

If Rapp and his family were getting death threats I could see Adams saying something similar to Hunter. Hunter really couldn't say anything else or he would have made the situation worse than it already is. 

1 hour ago, FITZamishRIFLE said:

Remember last year when Davante Adams beat the brakes off that camera man.   Me too 😀

You have a different definition of "beating the brakes off" than the rest of the world. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Simon said:

It has nothing to do with Hamlin and nobody knows what the hell you're jabbering on about this time......

6 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'm not understanding your point? Do you understand your point?

If you don't understand the conversation then maybe it's not for you to engage. Other people do as you can see from thumbs up etc. Rather than try and disparage or silence alternate viewpoints, perhaps be more open to those that think differently than you do.

For those that "get" what I'm saying, it's a concern worth discussing. Isn't that what this forum is for? If it's only for 1 side of the conversation then that's not a conversation at all.

• Dislike 2

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's not wrong. It was dirty AF, he's a future Hall of Famer and Rapp is a reserve safety. I don't blame him for being pissed about it. From our perspective, Rapp should learn from it and move on. I like the intensity, just needs to be smarter.

Rapp is here to replace either Hyde or Poyer next year and play the 3rd safety in McDermott D...he is not just a reserve.

Was it a bad hit, yes.  Does he have a history of that? No.  Is Adams being a @#$%! About it yes. 

• Agree 1

How anyone can argue that it wasn’t an unnecessary and dangerous play by Rapp is beyond me.  It was.  But I think football players are just wired differently and Rapp wasn’t worried about what the score was or how much time was left in the game…he was focused on playing his position aggressively and just crossed the line.  I wouldn’t have a problem with Rapp apologizing to Adams because I’m sure he wasn’t trying to injure him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

How anyone can argue that it wasn’t an unnecessary and dangerous play by Rapp is beyond me.  It was.  But I think football players are just wired differently and Rapp wasn’t worried about what the score was or how much time was left in the game…he was focused on playing his position aggressively and just crossed the line.  I wouldn’t have a problem with Rapp apologizing to Adams because I’m sure he wasn’t trying to injure him.

Doesn't matter what the score is. If he's trying to score then he gets hit. Rapp led with his shoulder and inadvertently hit heads with him. I don't think it was intentional and I don't think you let up at any point in the game. If you don't want Davante to get him then don't have him in the game and don't throw a bomb to him and try and score.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'm calling out the following comments:

• Well I have moved on...

• Much worse happened to Josh when q of the the jets sat on his head from behind and fell on him

• If his team won he wouldn't have anything to say.

• who's hoisted more Lombardis, Davante, you or Rapp?

• Adams was also playing in garbage time.  Just sayin'

• Dude’s trying to make a living.  Don’t try to pad your stats in garbage time against the guys you’re making fun of who play in garbage time.  

• So can Damar do it? Or would he lose too many endorsements?

• I miss the days when safeties were able to punish WRs.

I don't even understand how my opinion of the play is relevant.

I'm commenting on those who are "reasoning" that the hit was justified. None of these people are saying the hit wasn't dirty. They're saying it was justified.

I was just commenting about Adams made the statement that Rapp was only in the game because the Bills were up big (Rapp was actually in the game because Hyde was injured and Rapp is the backup).  If only "lesser" players should be playing late in blowouts, maybe Adams should ask his coaches why he was still in the game.

• Like (+1) 2

It might’ve been reckless, but time and score are irrelevant to a backup trying to earn playing time.  So Adams and everybody taking his side would’ve been less mad with the hit if it was in the 1st half?  Not sure why Adams has to call the guy a scrub.  So I guess by his definition Adams is a scrub too since he was also playing in garbage time.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Being that American football is a game in which the players hit each other very hard on purpose every play, this is a huge nothing burger, go play tennis if you don’t want to play football…, 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

It might’ve been reckless, but time and score are irrelevant to a backup trying to earn playing time.  So Adams and everybody taking his side would’ve been less mad with the hit if it was in the 1st half?  Not sure why Adams has to call the guy a scrub.  So I guess by his definition Adams is a scrub too since he was also playing in garbage time.  

Not just to someone trying to earn playing time, but time left and score shouldn't matter to any player on the field. Otherwise take yourself out because I'm sure there are guys willing to play hard and put out good game tape and earn their paycheck.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Being that American football is a game in which the players hit each other very hard on purpose every play, this is a huge nothing burger, go play tennis if you don’t want to play football…, 

is that a burger with nothing on it or a roll with no burger? That term always confuses me.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If Rapp and his family were getting death threats I could see Adams saying something similar to Hunter. Hunter really couldn't say anything else or he would have made the situation worse than it already is. 

You have a different definition of "beating the brakes off" than the rest of the world. 

It's called having a bit of class, and it shouldn't take death threats to bring it out. Call out that he felt it was a reckless hit, sure. But don't have to go all in on Rapp and him being a reserve. Comes across to me as a "How dare you, do you know who I am" type Karen comment. The only thing missing was Adams demanding to speak to Rapp's manager.

People make mistakes in the heat of the moment, much like Adams did with that camera man last year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

If you don't understand the conversation then maybe it's not for you to engage. Other people do as you can see from thumbs up etc. Rather than try and disparage or silence alternate viewpoints, perhaps be more open to those that think differently than you do.

For those that "get" what I'm saying, it's a concern worth discussing. Isn't that what this forum is for? If it's only for 1 side of the conversation then that's not a conversation at all.

Why all of the pure trolling lately?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

That might have been Damar if he dressed. Does the narrative on him change if he knocks someone's head off? Is he allowed to play hard or is he a cheerleader at this point?

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This doesn't have to be about Damar

Overall, Bills DBs toeing the line of hard hit/dirty hit is a theme of the McDermott era. They're coached to do it. It's football.

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

So can Damar do it? Or would he lose too many endorsements?

9 hours ago, Simon said:

It has nothing to do with Hamlin and nobody knows what the hell you're jabbering on about this time......

7 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

No I do't understand your nonsensical point and I'm not the only one.

I'm actually the 3rd person wondering WTF you're talking about.

Instead of "disparaging my post" why don't you try to explain why you think a hypothetical scenario involving Damar Hamlin and his "endorsements" is relevant to this discussion... asking for the second time.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll side with Adams on this one and won't accept any other argument (i.e. he shouldn't have been playing by then).

In these situations, I try to think about it from a Bills perspective.  And if Diggs was hit like that by some Raiders backup in garbage time, I'd be furious.   

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I don't see the big deal. Yes, it was a helmet to helmet. But Rapp leads with his shoulder, and the hit happens because contact was already made.

If the route isn't undercut, or the ball is placed perfectly, or if Adams makes an unbelievable catch and Rapp didnt come screaming over on the other side of the field... we have seen this D give up touchdowns like that and the board melts down.

It was a penalty. It was called as such. If Adams is so upset then he should ask his coach why he was being wheeled out in garbage time. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Rapp is here to replace either Hyde or Poyer next year and play the 3rd safety in McDermott D...he is not just a reserve.

Was it a bad hit, yes.  Does he have a history of that? No.  Is Adams being a @#$%! About it yes. 

@Doc Brown asked if I thought it was a dirty hit. It was not the most egregious hit on a defenseless receiver that we've seen but it was a foul IMO.

Is it fair to wonder why Adams was still in the game at that point? Yes.

Who should be blamed for Adams still being in the game... Adams or his Head Coach? I'm blaming the guy in charge of which star players are on the field late in a blowout game. The comments about Adams "padding his stats" are silly. IMO

Does Adams himself have an exemplary track record? No.

Is that relevant to him being fouled? No.

Is Adams' criticism of Rapp fair and well-stated? No... he's angry and bitter and some of his comments are personal attacks.

Do I understand Adams' anger? Yes. I understand any defenseless receiver being angry about being fouled.

Is Rapp a dirty player? I don't think so but he's been flagged for plays like this before.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Why all of the pure trolling lately?

Is it trolling because you don't agree with it? I've had a lot of positive interactions and discussions. Certain people only want to engage with people who agree with them it seems which is fine

44 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

No I do't understand your nonsensical point and I'm not the only one.

I'm actually the 3rd person wondering WTF you're talking about.

Instead of "disparaging my post" why don't you try to explain why you think a hypothetical scenario involving Damar Hamlin and his "endorsements" is relevant to this discussion... asking for the second time.

As mentioned it sounds like it's not a discussion you and a couple of others are willing to have so I left it alone. There's also been a few thumbs up from the hundreds of other users who might agree but are scared to say so as to not endure the wrath of certain posters. It's fine we don't have to get into it in this thread. You can PM me if you want to discuss privately. Or if other people want to engage then we can discuss.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

I thought I would post the actual play you are all opining about. There was a bad result and Rapp needed to go lower but he did turn his body trying not to use his helmet. 
https://x.com/loganreever/status/1703495264655548489?s=46&t=_4MV82S0GerBuGTgyQhCGQ

A bit off topic but I like Dorian Williams' actions on that play.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Not just to someone trying to earn playing time, but time left and score shouldn't matter to any player on the field. Otherwise take yourself out because I'm sure there are guys willing to play hard and put out good game tape and earn their paycheck.

Yeah this is an era where every play gets graded/scored.   When you are signing 1 year deals you can't presume that any interested team is going to watch every play you made the prior season and weight those results based on whether they mattered with regard to who won or lost the game.   Teams want players who play hard all the time.   If you don't play full speed in a garbage time win maybe you don't play full speed down 2 scores in the 4th quarter.   You gotta' let the employers know you go full speed all the time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Is it trolling because you don't agree with it? I've had a lot of positive interactions and discussions. Certain people only want to engage with people who agree with them it seems which is fine

As mentioned it sounds like it's not a discussion you and a couple of others are willing to have so I left it alone. There's also been a few thumbs up from the hundreds of other users who might agree but are scared to say so as to not endure the wrath of certain posters. It's fine we don't have to get into it in this thread. You can PM me if you want to discuss privately. Or if other people want to engage then we can discuss.

I'm sincerely sorry if my "punishment" didn't fit your "crime."

And I'd hate to think that I'm one of those posters that have a chilling effect on the conversations on this forum.

I actually left here for numerous years because I didn't like the way I was acting. Apologies.

5 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

NO.... Out of control was the hit on Logan Thomas by Kareem Jackson in the Commanders-Broncos game. THAT is the true definition of "out of control", not what happened between Adams and Rapp in garbage time.

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

And I'd hate to think that I'm one of those posters that have a chilling effect on the conversations on this forum.

I actually left here for numerous years because I didn't like the way I was acting. Apologies.

Yeah you are too serious for a message board about a pastime.   Maybe fun is not for you.  

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

I feel like you genuinely wanted to understand what the heck I was talking about. I feel like others try and shut anyone up who doesn't agree with them. It's not much of a conversation if everyone just agreed with each other and posted GO BILLS. There's thousands of posters and we all have our own thoughts and ideas and maybe someone else's brain works differently so I think it's important for everyone to have a voice and not be banned or "cancelled" if they go against the grain. Just my 2 cents!

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

NO.... Out of control was the hit on Logan Thomas by Kareem Jackson in the Commanders-Broncos game. THAT is the true definition of "out of control", not what happened between Adams and Rapp in garbage time.

Two things can be true at the same time. One hit being more out of control doesn't mean other out of control hits aren't now. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

I thought I would post the actual play you are all opining about. There was a bad result and Rapp needed to go lower but he did turn his body trying not to use his helmet. 
https://x.com/loganreever/status/1703495264655548489?s=46&t=_4MV82S0GerBuGTgyQhCGQ

Ouch. 

I would agree that it’s unnecessary and fine worthy. No need to go for a kill shot, especially when it’s 38-10. 

Fine incoming, hopefully no suspensions because the argument can be made for targeting. 

The more appropriate question is "Why the hell was HE on the field when they were getting blown out by 28 points?"

Don't be pissed at Rapp, be pissed at your Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator for being dumbasses for putting you in the position where that was a possibility.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You have moved on... okay I guess that settles it. And what's the relevance of what happened to Josh against the Jets?

And you know this how?

This is relevant in what way?

So that justifies a dirty hit? Actually if it's garbage time doesn't that make the hit less forgivable?

Wow. Really interesting thought process here.

I guess you enjoy fights in hockey and crashes in NASCAR too?

I can't remember the last topic that had so many disappointing takes...

He got crashed into by q when he was on the ground and everyone said he got a concussion 

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The more appropriate question is "Why the hell was HE on the field when they were getting blown out by 28 points?"

Don't be pissed at Rapp, be pissed at your Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator for being dumbasses for putting you in the position where that was a possibility.

so it would be better if he hit a 3rd string WR instead?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.