Some PFF factoids and statistics for you!

Einstein

23 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Wow. I knew Edmunds was known for playing back, but that's a huge difference.

That stat is an odd one.

So player A chases down a guy on a sweep after 3 yards all the way to the sideline and his depth = 3.0. Player B is too slow to get to the sideline and guy turns the corner for 10 yards and it does nothing to Player B depth. Same goes for run up the middle you fight off a block and get the tackle after 2 yards = depth 2.0. Other guy gets completely blocked and makes no play so no impact. Maybe after 10 plus games this creates some meaning but its kind of useless. You get taken out of plays and it has no impact, but you make a tough tackle and your depth can look bad? Especially for ILB. Maybe a DT this has more meaning. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Its hard to get to Tua because he gets rid of the ball in an avg of 2.2 seconds.  That leads the NFL.  I think Tua is a system QB that needs those fast receivers to make that work.  That said, he runs that system really well when the timing is not disrupted.  Defenses that disrupt that timing somehow, he doesn't do well against.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, mrags said:

Pretty much seals it for the people that knew Edmunds sucked years ago 

Way too early but...

Edmunds 2 Tackles for Loss to Bernard 0

Edmunds 15 solo tackles to Bernard 7

Edmunds -3 yards after catch to Bernard 29 yards

Edmunds 1.8 yards per completion to Bernard 11.7 per

On 9/19/2023 at 3:53 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Yeah but Edmunds is so tall and has such a large wingspan he needs to make tackles that deep. Plus imagine how many pass lanes he clogs up all the way back there. 

And he's still only 14 years old!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/20/2023 at 9:48 AM, nedboy7 said:

Good info thanks.....  Some more. 

Bills are blitzing 12% of snaps (3rd lowest)

Bills pressure rate is 30% (5th best)

Bills are playing zone almost 90% of snaps. 

Josh's YAC is up 20% from last season. 

HELL YEAH!

On 9/20/2023 at 3:42 PM, ngbills said:

Way too early but...

Only stat that matters to me....

Edmunds team record after two weeks. 0-2.

Bernard's team record after two weeks  1-1.

Edited by AuntieEm

Here’s how PFF currently sees the Bills offensive line heading into Week 3:

17. BUFFALO BILLS (UP 6)
Projected Week 3 starters:
LT Dion Dawkins
LG Connor McGovern
C Mitch Morse
RG O’Cyrus Torrence
RT Spencer Brown

• Right tackle Spencer Brown struggled against the Raiders, as he was responsible for three of the eight pressures that the Buffalo offensive line allowed.

• Buffalo averaged 2.2 yards before contact on runs against Las Vegas, which was the fifth-best mark in the NFL in Week 2.

Best player: Dion Dawkins
• Dawkins was Buffalo’s highest-graded lineman in Week 2, as he earned an 82.4 overall grade.

Edited by nedboy7
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/20/2023 at 3:34 PM, ngbills said:

That stat is an odd one.

So player A chases down a guy on a sweep after 3 yards all the way to the sideline and his depth = 3.0. Player B is too slow to get to the sideline and guy turns the corner for 10 yards and it does nothing to Player B depth. Same goes for run up the middle you fight off a block and get the tackle after 2 yards = depth 2.0. Other guy gets completely blocked and makes no play so no impact. Maybe after 10 plus games this creates some meaning but its kind of useless. You get taken out of plays and it has no impact, but you make a tough tackle and your depth can look bad? Especially for ILB. Maybe a DT this has more meaning. 

On 9/20/2023 at 3:42 PM, ngbills said:

Way too early but...

I would have thought that Tremaine's mom would now troll the Bear's fan boards...

And don't forget - He's only 19!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

17. BUFFALO BILLS (UP 6)

• Right tackle Spencer Brown struggled against the Raiders, as he was responsible for three of the eight pressures that the Buffalo offensive line allowed.

• Buffalo averaged 2.2 yards before contact on runs against Las Vegas, which was the fifth-best mark in the NFL in Week 2.

• Dawkins was Buffalo’s highest-graded lineman in Week 2, as he earned an 82.4 overall grade.

How can that be?  Isn't he supposed to be washed up and out of shape.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/19/2023 at 2:55 PM, mrags said:

Now we just need White to get back to his good play. Unfortunately it probably won’t ever happen. We should be doing something with Elam. He could be the future if this team as CB 1 or 2 on the other side of Benford. 

it’s terrible that he’s been shelved for the first 2 games of the year. He played fairly well when called upon last year. 

I dont understand maybe someone can correct me on this.

Is Elam really that so uncoachable to do zone versus man on man?  If he is in fact deemed hopeless at this point for a successful career as a Zone CB try to trade him for a team that can utilize his skill set.  And if he is still what they though of him as a man on man CB, I cant believe there aren't times in a game where we need a great man on man coverage CB?  McDermott is supposedly a genius defensive mind, seems as though we are wasting his career and/or never should have drafted him.

47 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is Elam really that so uncoachable to do zone versus man on man?  If he is in fact deemed hopeless at this point for a successful career as a Zone CB try to trade him for a team that can utilize his skill set.  And if he is still what they though of him as a man on man CB, I cant believe there aren't times in a game where we need a great man on man coverage CB?  McDermott is supposedly a genius defensive mind, seems as though we are wasting his career and/or never should have drafted him.

This 💯 

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Lets not get too excited over a very small sample size., especially regarding Benford.  Who has he played against?  Zach Wilson forced into duty and Jimmie Garrapolo.

Benford has been a revelation since his first preseason game.  He’s been rock steady, plays smart and tough, and is getting better.  Kudos to Beane- Benford was a steal on draft day for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/22/2023 at 7:56 AM, nedboy7 said:

17. BUFFALO BILLS (UP 6)
LT Dion Dawkins
LG Connor McGovern
C Mitch Morse
RG O’Cyrus Torrence
RT Spencer Brown

Thanks for posting this. I think the current perception of the Bills O-line will be quite different by the end of the season.

22 hours ago, Philly McButterpants said:

I would have thought that Tremaine's mom would now troll the Bear's fan boards...

And don't forget - He's only 19!

Also, Fitz went to Harvard and Ralph is cheap

20 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The factors that conspire to make Elam inactive:

1. Lack of boundary CB/slot CB/Safety position flexibility
  2. Does not play on special teams
  3. Excellence of Benford's play
  4. Solidness of Dane Jackson's play

I don't think for a second that the Bills have given up on Elam but I do believe they don't want to dress a 4th cornerback who doesn't play safety, nickel or special teams.

It's certainly less than ideal that a first rounder is inactive. On the other hand it's great to have excellent depth at a premier position.

It's a long season.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, ngbills said:

Facts bro. Just facts.

Fact:  your boy is/was a JAG.  a third rounder has him completely outplayed after 3 weeks. But, TE is only 19, a multiple-year pro bowler, and the captain of a top 5 D. So he has all that going for him. 

I’m watching Chiefs/Bears and he’s as invisible as ever.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:11 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is Elam really that so uncoachable to do zone versus man on man?  If he is in fact deemed hopeless at this point for a successful career as a Zone CB try to trade him for a team that can utilize his skill set.  And if he is still what they thought of him as a man on man CB, I cant believe there aren't times in a game where we need a great man on man coverage CB?  McDermott is supposedly a genius defensive mind, seems as though we are wasting his career and/or never should have drafted him.

Perhaps McD has been keeping him under wraps until we play Miami.  He’s going to unleash him next Sunday!  Along with Kincaid…..who we’ve also been keeping a secret

we can only hope

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Perhaps McD has been keeping him under wraps until we play Miami.  He’s going to unleash him next Sunday!  Along with Kincaid…..who we’ve also been keeping a secret

we can only hope

I hope he keeps getting coached up, still young and i think he can be phased in.

At least i hope🤔

On 9/22/2023 at 7:56 AM, nedboy7 said:

17. BUFFALO BILLS (UP 6)
LT Dion Dawkins
LG Connor McGovern
C Mitch Morse
RG O’Cyrus Torrence
RT Spencer Brown

On 9/23/2023 at 8:36 AM, Sierra Foothills said:

Thanks for posting this. I think the current perception of the Bills O-line will be quite different by the end of the season.

@nedboy7,I'm looking forward to seeing the PFF grades after this weekends games.

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.