Some PFF factoids and statistics for you!

Einstein

- Among all NFL cornerbacks, Christian Benford ranks 6th for having the lowest passer rating when targeted.

- The Raiders targeted Benford 4 times and he allowed only 1 reception for 18 yards (source)

- Dane Jackson and Ed Oliver are both in the top 25 in the NFL among all defensive players (all positions) in run stop % (source).

- Spencer Brown is currently our highest graded RUN blocker. He is also our lowest graded PASS blocker (source).

- Matt Milano is tied for 1st overall in the NFL in pass coverage from the LB position (source).

- Bernard's average depth of tackle is 0.8 ... Milano's is 1.7. Tremaine Edmunds is 3.8 😉 (source)

- Josh Allen has been pressured 25 times in two games. This includes times when the line failed, and also times when he created his own problems. (source).

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 23

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Wow. I knew Edmunds was known for playing back, but that's a huge difference.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Bernard is playing well. I truly hope he can keep it up.

Another stat... Bernard has a 10.8% stop rate. Edmunds is 8.2%. 

Pretty much seals it for the people that knew Edmunds sucked years ago 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Some really good stuff in there.

I have watched Benford a lot in the games so far.  He's the real deal, imo.  A true late round gem.  

Now we just need White to get back to his good play. Unfortunately it probably won’t ever happen. We should be doing something with Elam. He could be the future if this team as CB 1 or 2 on the other side of Benford. 

it’s terrible that he’s been shelved for the first 2 games of the year. He played fairly well when called upon last year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I can't do this anymore.... Either Bernard or Benford has to change their name.  I'm not smart enough to figure this out in one season.

Or else Benford needs a number in the 20s and Bernard needs one in the 50s

• Like (+1) 9

20 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I can't do this anymore.... Either Bernard or Benford has to change their name.  I'm not smart enough to figure this out in one season.

Maybe that's how Bernard got the start:

McDermott: "Bernard, you're starting! (oh crap, I meant Benford)"

Or the other way around. 

• Haha (+1) 11

1 hour ago, Success said:

Some really good stuff in there.

I have watched Benford a lot in the games so far.  He's the real deal, imo.  A true late round gem.  

Unlike Levi Wallace, who accomplished everything he did with mental preparation and technique, Benford actually has some athleticism and size too meld with his mental preparation and technique.  If he ends up being the starter across from Tre White long term, I think the Bills will be fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

Unlike Levi Wallace, who accomplished everything he did with mental preparation and technique, Benford actually has some athleticism and size too meld with his mental preparation and technique.  If he ends up being the starter across from Tre White long term, I think the Bills will be fine.

The question might eventually be "Who's going to be the starter across from Benford?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, GottaRun said:

It's Terrel Bernard vs. his backup Tyrel Dodson that has me all mixed up. 

I'm not certain that I didn't think they were the same guy until a week and a half ago.

(And yes, I had to look up their first names and the spellings)

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

- Among all NFL cornerbacks, Christian Benford ranks 6th for having the lowest passer rating when targeted.

- The Raiders targeted Benford 4 times and he allowed only 1 reception for 18 yards (source)

- Dane Jackson and Ed Oliver are both in the top 25 in the NFL among all defensive players (all positions) in run stop % (source).

- Spencer Brown is currently our highest graded RUN blocker. He is also our lowest graded PASS blocker (source).

- Matt Milano is tied for 1st overall in the NFL in pass coverage from the LB position (source).

- Bernard's average depth of tackle is 0.8 ... Milano's is 1.7. Tremaine Edmunds is 3.8 😉 (source)

- Josh Allen has been pressured 25 times in two games. This includes times when the line failed, and also times when he created his own problems. (source).

You feeling OK? We are here for you!    😋

Those are some impressive stats. We can paint things many ways, but I feel good about our team. It’s different from when I used to HOPE for good things. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Pretty much seals it for the people that knew Edmunds sucked years ago 

Yep. Size queens couldn’t handle the truth and what our eyes told us about his play. 

beane did perfect letting him walk for that insane money 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bernard is tiny. 😡

London fletcher says “sup”

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Einstein said:

Ed Oliver is also 13th among all eligible defensive linemen (over 200 of them) for pass rush efficiency. He's off to a torrid start.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.