First Arthur Moats, Now Leonard Floyd, Anyone else I'm forgetting?

The Jokeman

• The Jokeman changed the title to First Arthur Moats, Now Leonard Floyd, Anyone else I'm forgetting?
25 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It just hit me that Arhur Moats put the hit on Brett Favre that ended his career and Leonard Floyd may have done the one to end Aaron Rodgers' career. Anyone other Bills or non Bills you remember who took down a QB for their careers?

The fact that we lost both games notwithstanding.....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

It just hit me that Arhur Moats put the hit on Brett Favre that ended his career and Leonard Floyd may have done the one to end Aaron Rodgers' career. Anyone other Bills or non Bills you remember who took down a QB for their careers?

Sorry but this is an urban legend or some Mandela effect stuff because Moats and the Bills did not end Farve's career.  

I know everyone here thinks it was the Bills, but Farve's last game was against the Bears, they ended his career giving him a concussion where he missed the final 2 games and retired at end of the season...not the Bills.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/17/chicago-bears-throwback-thursday-minnesota-vikings-brett-favre-2010/

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Here's the question I have, how much oxy was Rodgers on to express zero pain and stand up to try to walk off his ruptured Achilles? 

Or am I missing something? 

yeah, i was like that has to be a cramp at most.  Then he walked on it getting out of the cart into the locker room after getting up while on the field.  Totally odd.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Nate Clements by all rights should ended the career of, if not have killed Tom Brady with the vicious hit he put on him, but Brady popped right back up no worse for the wear. Must have been that TB12 diet.

If that happened today Clements would have been ejected, fined and likely suspended for 4-6 games.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Did Kiko Alonzo end any careers? 

If not, he surely shortened some. Even though he wasn't on the Bills for long, we're responsible for bringing the monster into the league 😆

Brian Hoyer with the Browns. Tore his acl while getting taken down by Kiko. Never really returned to full strength 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry but this is an urban legend or some Mandela effect stuff because Moats and the Bills did not end Farve's career.  

I know everyone here thinks it was the Bills, but Farve's last game was against the Bears, they ended his career giving him a concussion where he missed the final 2 games and retired at end of the season...not the Bills.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/17/chicago-bears-throwback-thursday-minnesota-vikings-brett-favre-2010/

It ended this consecutive game streak 

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Moat ended Farve's playing streak not career.

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Here's the question I have, how much oxy was Rodgers on to express zero pain and stand up to try to walk off his ruptured Achilles? 

Or am I missing something? 

It could have been adrenalin.  I was playing local football game and landed on forearm attempting to make a tackle.  Got back up and continued playing.  When game ended I relaxed and  muscle on arm relaxed and it went from straight to a z shape. Broke both bones in it and did not notice.  My mom was mad.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Moat ended Farve's playing streak not career.

It could have been adrenalin.  I was playing local football game and landed on forearm attempting to make a tackle.  Got back up and continued playing.  When game ended I relaxed and  muscle on arm relaxed and it went from straight to a z shape. Broke both bones in it and did not notice.  My mom was mad.

🤯

17 minutes ago, Utah John said:

No, he put a crushing hit on Lincoln, but Lincoln wasn't through.  He actually ended up playing for the Bills later on.

Yes, he was my neighbor in Amherst. He was never the same, broken ribs plus fractures or chipped verabre

He used to hang from a beam in his garage wearing a harness after games in Buffalo.  Thought that was strange but I was only 13

Edited by HOUSE

4 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Nate Clements by all rights should ended the career of, if not have killed Tom Brady with the vicious hit he put on him, but Brady popped right back up no worse for the wear. Must have been that TB12 diet.

If that happened today Clements would have been ejected, fined and likely suspended for 4-6 games.

Sean Taylor (RIP) and Brian Moorman in the Pro Bowl comes to mind.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, GustheDog33 said:

Lawrence Taylor on Joe Theismann.

When did Taylor play for the Bills? I'm sure there are numerous players that ended other players careers in being part of the last collision they took which ended there playing careers.  It is hardly a badge if honor or a state to be chest thumping about.  

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Don't confuse us with the facts, Dawg.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

When did Taylor play for the Bills? I'm sure there are numerous players that ended other players careers in being part of the last collision they took which ended there playing careers.  It is hardly a badge if honor or a state to be chest thumping about.  

Not sure your point here? I wasn’t glorifying anything. Simply being a part of the thread? Kind of weird to pick out me for your disdain as well since I wasn’t the first or the only to be active in this thread. Also, Taylor never played for the Bills, but that wasn’t the only criteria from the original post. Have a good night, or whatever.

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.