Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

On 9/16/2023 at 6:44 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

Gossip? Why do so many people have to exaggerate so many situations?

Someone jokingly asked Glab while they're waiting in the press room to go get Diggs to have a press conference. Why did he choose Diggs to tease Glab? Obviously there's something about Diggs that both this guy and Glab are aware of to joke about a made-up scenario where Glab walks into the locker room and tells Diggs to come to the press room and take questions. Glab's like "Yeah, right." She should have just rolled her eyes and said just that, but some people have the gift of gab and verbalize their thoughts more than others. Glab appears to be one of these people. It's obvious from the recording that she's making tongue-in-cheek comments and likely smiling during the entire conversation. 

You call that gossip? You're comparing a player's personal issue like a divorce to tongue-in-cheek comments having to do with Diggs' strong personality?

Get a grip, respectfully.

Exactly, She was Ribbing!

On 9/18/2023 at 2:21 PM, Blackbeard said:

You guys are way way too critical and harsh on this woman 

Cut the gal a little slack and let it die.  My God.  Find something legit to gripe about. 

Agreed. Someone in this thread called her "princess". wtf lol

3 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Agreed. Someone in this thread called her "princess". wtf lol

My wife has made me watch enough hallmark Christmas movies to know it is 100% possible she is a princess of some very random minute country in Europe soo... IT COULD HAPPEN! lol

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My wife has made me watch enough hallmark Christmas movies to know it is 100% possible she is a princess of some very random minute country in Europe soo... IT COULD HAPPEN! lol

Wait a minute... I've seen those movies too.... she's going to end up marrying Diggs!

• Haha (+1) 4

On 9/16/2023 at 6:50 PM, Nelius said:

I mean these are complete mental gymnastics for justifying her actions. She has the gift of gab? She’s just innocently making tongue in cheek comments? This reads like Maddy Glab fan fiction, you sincerely don’t know any of that either. Fact is she should have just kept her mouth shut, we don’t need 100 different ways to spin it. Get a grip, broski, respectfully.

Generation X or Z?

Context Matters!

On 9/18/2023 at 1:30 PM, jkeerie said:

It doesn't matter that she wasn't "dissing him."  It's the perception of the majority of people who heard it and retweeted it.  I agree.  I don't believe she had any ill-intent.  Diggs could well forgive her...but again, it is a bad look for the organization.  And it's especially hurtful in light of all the opinions that have been posted about Diggs since the end of last season.  It adds fuel to that narrative.

TBH, I don't think Diggs personally would give a 🐀 keister.  Those tweets by Diggs didn't sound like Diggs at all.

I think it was all Diggs PR team, and that the reason they reacted was exactly as you say - given all the off-season Diggs kerfluffle, what Maddy said hurts his brand.

That's why Timmah Graham is mistaken and Diggs has both a right and a need to respond - he has a right to 'protect his brand' from the "ding" that it would take from telling a cute little blonde team reporter "F U".

Even though from various I have been told, I think it's entirely realistic Glab just described what happens within the facility with the external press not there - when I'm pretty sure f-bombs and other cussing are common and don't mean much or are even a sign of affection.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/18/2023 at 2:25 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maddy when she comes back. Maddy’s got street credibility now.

That "What" she screams at the end is the notification sound I use on my work phone for text messages.  Scares some people when they hear it.  

On 9/18/2023 at 8:26 AM, boyst said:

So I learned this whole situation was leaked by the reporter who she is taking to and he is essentially on thin ice with everyone. That reporter and the news station didn't have to leak this or let this out.

A lot of people are pissed in the media for a colleague to do this. A few chewed him out royally. 

edit. This is fact.

It’s my understanding it was a live streaming situation. And so once it’s out live. Sometimes they alert other media they are hot. Obviously up to them to know that. So not so sure that someone intentionally set her up. 

On 9/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, jkeerie said:

It doesn't matter that she wasn't "dissing him."  It's the perception of the majority of people who heard it and retweeted it.  I agree.  I don't believe she had any ill-intent.  Diggs could well forgive her...but again, it is a bad look for the organization.  And it's especially hurtful in light of all the opinions that have been posted about Diggs since the end of last season.  It adds fuel to that narrative.

Yes he could have diffused this. Just have said she was joking. But clearly it bothered him because it likely has some merit. He brought national attention to it and yet thinks it was the right move. I think it only solidifies the fuel he is supposedly trying to avoid. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

It’s my understanding it was a live streaming situation. And so once it’s out live. Sometimes they alert other media they are hot. Obviously up to them to know that. So not so sure that someone intentionally set her up. 

unfortunately she was set up and left exposed. i reckon it could be debated if it was intentional

but i spoke to someone in the room with first hand knowledge of the incident.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2023 at 10:26 AM, boyst said:

So I learned this whole situation was leaked by the reporter who she is taking to and he is essentially on thin ice with everyone. That reporter and the news station didn't have to leak this or let this out.

A lot of people are pissed in the media for a colleague to do this. A few chewed him out royally. 

edit. This is fact.

I wonder if Terry slipped the reporter a pretty penny for changing the topic of conversation from him to the Maddy / Diggs saga? 

On 9/17/2023 at 7:44 PM, Nephilim17 said:

I don't know. If someone does know, I'd like to find out.

It's a team disruption so clearly it wasn't a fan who leaked it.

Actually disagree, it was the best thing that could have happened when everyone was focused on what Terry did or didn't say 5 years ago. 

On 9/20/2023 at 9:34 AM, corta765 said:

My wife watches those October-January, it’s making me start to dislike Christmas time.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

It's amusing that while listening to the press conferences we don't seem to have the technology to be able to hear the questions asked, yet something like this was crystal clear.

The whole thing has felt like someone had it out for her.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Is her timeout over? Does everyone just pretend this never happened now? I don't think it would have been a big deal but if Diggs thought it was a big deal and I'm the owner I'm showing my loyalty and firing the 40k salary girl in favor of my 100 mil star

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Is her timeout over? Does everyone just pretend this never happened now? I don't think it would have been a big deal but if Diggs thought it was a big deal and I'm the owner I'm showing my loyalty and firing the 40k salary girl in favor of my 100 mil star

Yeah she’s back to tweeting and I think she was on the radio yesterday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I wonder if Terry slipped the reporter a pretty penny for changing the topic of conversation from him to the Maddy / Diggs saga? 

It isn't a bad way to deflect attention in social media  it's always constantly churning as the attention span of people that cannot form their own opinions is pretty short.  Anyone with even a shred of common sense always can come up with some valid points that cast doubt on things that are not totally cut and dried facts.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.