Can James Cook break a tackle, ever?!?!

zow2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I know everybody is on the doom and gloom train today but it is worth noting that they played the Jets defense last night. That is probably the best defense they will see all year.

I understand that. Cook went down with one hand tackles several times.  It was not as though he was being swallowed up by Lawrence Taylor crashing through the line 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I don't get it.  Most of you don't want a stud RB. You buck at the suggestion every time. 

"It's a passing league" remember?

I don’t even need a stud RB.  Gimme a little Harris or Murray. or even that dude in preseason that ran through about 8 Chicago Bears en route to the end zone.  Cook has a spot, he’s just not the guy i want slamming it up the middle.  The little passes out in space are ok.

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I know everybody is on the doom and gloom train today but it is worth noting that they played the Jets defense last night. That is probably the best defense they will see all year.

Dallas? 

Not to mention we're a top 3 - 5 defense as well. If not for 2 big runs by Hall who is a phenomenal player. we fairly easily get the W

Edited by JerseyBills

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean it is a passing league.  The last time the leading rusher in the NFL won a Super Bowl was almost 30 years ago.

The consistent winners are passing teams.

That's misleading.  Mahomes, last year, was the first league leader in passing to win a Super Bowl. 

You don't need a $15 million dollar a year back, but you do need a comeptent running game, which the Bills have not had in the McDermott years.

Josh ain't gunslinging this team there.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

That's misleading.  Mahomes, last year, was the first league leader in passing to win a Super Bowl. 

You don't need a $15 million dollar a year back, but you do need a comeptent running game, which the Bills have not had in the McDermott years.

Fair enough.  But you see what's happening to the position. 

We had a competent running game last year.  Cook was great towards the end of the year and Singletary was at 4.6 ypc. 

He wasn't great but it was competent.   

17 hours ago, zow2 said:

So many people here love the guy. I just don’t see it as i’ve said since last season.  As a RB you simply have to break some arm tackles.  Watch Breece Hall for 2 carries and he’s everything Cook isn’t. 

Yes, when no one touches him, Cook is decent, but that’s the case with any RB.  I need more Damien Harris or Murray.  Cook seems like a nice change of pace, but not THE GUY to me.  Hope im proven wrong 

Been saying that all along.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Fair enough.  But you see what's happening to the position. 

We had a competent running game last year.  Cook was great towards the end of the year and Singletary was at 4.6 ypc. 

He wasn't great but it was competent.   

My mistake. It needs to be better than competent.  Last year's run game doesn't cut it.

Josh needs something more reliable...and this is Buffalo!  Every cold weather team should understand the importance of being able to run the football.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/11/2023 at 11:52 PM, zow2 said:

So many people here love the guy. I just don’t see it as i’ve said since last season.  As a RB you simply have to break some arm tackles.  Watch Breece Hall for 2 carries and he’s everything Cook isn’t. 

Yes, when no one touches him, Cook is decent, but that’s the case with any RB.  I need more Damien Harris or Murray.  Cook seems like a nice change of pace, but not THE GUY to me.  Hope im proven wrong 

Ha ha

• Haha (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

He broke 3 on one run

well.

7 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

This aged pretty well. Glad to see the bump, not certain the Raider D is tough against run, but Cook did well today. 

The O line kicked azs and the play calling was there.

Kudos to Dorsey and the players for executing !

We have a serious running/RBs game !

Go Bills

• Agree 1

I give James his due today.  as i said in the game day thread he’s at his best when he plays quick and slippery and he was both today. Plus he went up the middle on one play and bounced off a dude, didn’t go down, so extra props for that.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:28 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

You're in deep water OP.  Every time Cook had a positive gain, the "Motor couldn't do that" posts came pouring out in the GDT.  The Motor hate was rampant.  But that 3rd down pass, where Cook stopped and turtled two yards short of the first was something I never saw Motor do.  Motor may not have made the FD, but he would have put his head down and tried.  Cook did not impress me at all.

Did he impress you today?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.