Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

Not sure if it's been brought up but is anyone else a littler surprised/worried that the Cowboys Giants game is being played on that field Sunday night?  Seems like a quick turn around to get the field in shape for Monday night.  Especially with it having notoriously sh#^^y field conditions (non contact injuries) the last few years.  Unless they fixed it somehow in the off season, maybe i missed some news on that.

3 minutes ago, I Am The Liquor said:

Not sure if it's been brought up but is anyone else a littler surprised/worried that the Cowboys Giants game is being played on that field Sunday night?  Seems like a quick turn around to get the field in shape for Monday night.  Especially with it having notoriously sh#^^y field conditions (non contact injuries) the last few years.  Unless they fixed it somehow in the off season, maybe i missed some news on that.

If there are issues with the field, I'd feel better about our O-line playing on it than I would feel about the Jets O-line, with Mekhi Becton having left preseason game one after four snaps because his knee wasn't digging the turf.

6 minutes ago, I Am The Liquor said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/64541/new-turf-at-metlife-stadium-gets-positive-reviews-from-giants-jets

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This game is in NYC on 9/11.

I assume they will do some god awful 9/11 tribute with cops, firefighters, and a huge American flag...

The game will probably start WAY late.

👎

Perhaps the most tone deaf post in my 25+ years in this community. You should be ashamed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Look stopping the Green Bay Jets isn’t all that difficult if you just look at the blueprint the 49ers have given us the past several seasons. The Bills personnel is similar to what the 49ers have run minus MLB where obviously Fred Warner is all world. 
Control the line and limit any big runs something Leslie’s scheme had a hard time with. Chip the TE and don’t allow him free release…and Aaron will eventually get frustrated and start heaving up balls to Wilson like he did with Adams. 

19 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t disagree…. My point is any game plan in which the ball is in Allen’s hands less than usual is a bad game plan IMO….regardless of weather.

Kincaid isn’t a good blocker…. 

Is he a better blocker than a WR?  Can he stand in the way of a linebacker or defensive end better than a WR 40 lbs smaller than him?

Are you basically saying Kincaid doesn’t a 12 personnel offense?

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Perhaps the most tone deaf post in my 25+ years in this community. You should be ashamed.

Yep.  That is a braindead thought to have.

Anyone that feels this way should go and watch "9/11 the phone calls from the towers" and remember the fear, pain and suffering that was experienced and is still being experienced to this day for the effected families.  

Their simply is not enough that can be done to remember the victims and the horror they went through.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I assume they will do some god awful 9/11 tribute with cops, firefighters, and a huge American flag..

👎

If I had to hazard a guess, you were either too young to remember this or you were not alive when it happened.   I've heard this opinion before with the younger generations that didn't live through that day and the year that followed.  For them it is an item in the history books much like WWII was for me.  You probably don't remember the fear that overtook this country.  You probably don't remember the approaches to the airports barricaded as cars were searched.  You probably don't remember the images of "fly or fry".  You probably have not been to the memorials at the Pentagon, Shanksville and World Trade Center.  It's not your fault that you don't have an active memory of the first responders running into a collapsing building or those that worked the pile.  But the comment is completely insensitive to those that served and the ones that persished.  Such a shame you will be inconvenieced by the extra 15 minutes to start the game.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

If I had to hazard a guess, you were either too young to remember this or you were not alive when it happened.   I've heard this opinion before with the younger generations that didn't live through that day and the year that followed.  For them it is an item in the history books much like WWII was for me.  You probably don't remember the fear that overtook this country.  You probably don't remember the approaches to the airports barricaded as cars were searched.  You probably don't remember the images of "fly or fry".  You probably have not been to the memorials at the Pentagon, Shanksville and World Trade Center.  It's not your fault that you don't have an active memory of the first responders running into a collapsing building or those that worked the pile.  But the comment is completely insensitive to those that served and the ones that persished.  Such a shame you will be inconvenieced by the extra 15 minutes to start the game.

Pretty sure the fella is old. There's no excuse. 

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

Yep.

David Cross has a great bit he did in one of his specials about NFL Fans outside of new york who were mad that they cancelled the games that next sunday with the punchline that they had all these snacks and stuff to eat.  

It basically summarizes that posters ignorant comment.

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I assume they will do some god awful 9/11 tribute with cops, firefighters, and a huge American flag...

👎

What a disgusting and self absorbed take.  You're probably not but should be ashamed.   One of the worst posts I've seen in years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

👎

I was working for USAIr at Philadelphia airport at the time of the attacks and my wife is a Flight Attendant for American Airlines. You should probably stop talking

They'll fly out tomorrow afternoon for the game, ya? I wondered if they would travel same day since it's a 45 minute flight but that's probably not how they do it. 

Pretty sure I saw Jordan Phillips at the Target, that's why the travel question came up because I was like, "They fly out on Saturdays for away games, oh no, did they forget him?!" Then my brain reverted out of dummy mode and said oh right, they'll travel tomorrow. 

It's been said in this thread (correctly, I think) that the Jets have built their team specifically to beat the Bills.  If the Bills win the game on Monday, it will be far more devastating to the Jets' hopes for the season than it would be for the Bills if the Jets win.  I'm expecting a tough game, but there's no reason to think the Bills will lose if they play to their ability. 

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Doesn’t what a 12 personnel?

Again, my point was a run heavy or balanced attack is a bad game plan with Allen as the QB… regardless of weather. 

Well, there's balanced, and there's balanced. When Daboll was running a pure spread offense, with no run game in '21, teams like the Dolphins, and Jags did figure out how to exploit it. I think they feel Cook is a key element because he only needs to be average as a running back, but with legit receiving skills. If we can trust Allen to read a defense, and execute an RPO, (we certainly can), then the balanced attack becomes a nightmare for opposing defenses. 

Which I know doesn't negate, or contradict your point. An RPO is "in Allen's hands," so to speak.

27 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, there's balanced, and there's balanced. When Daboll was running a pure spread offense, with no run game in '21, teams like the Dolphins, and Jags did figure out how to exploit it. I think they feel Cook is a key element because he only needs to be average as a running back, but with legit receiving skills. If we can trust Allen to read a defense, and execute an RPO, (we certainly can), then the balanced attack becomes a nightmare for opposing defenses. 

Which I know doesn't negate, or contradict your point. An RPO is "in Allen's hands," so to speak.

There's three aspects of the Bills run game to consider:

1) how many times they run

2) of those runs, how many times is there a handoff vs. Josh Allen being the runner

3) how effectively do they run?

I believe Dorsey has commented something to the effect that "we don't need to run the ball more, we need to run the ball more effectively".

There needs to be enough of a run game, and effective enough of a run game, to keep the defenses "honest", in other words with some understanding that they need to play gap-sound defense and not just pin their ears back and go after Josh.  That doesn't mean there has to be more run plays, but they have to be effective enough to achieve that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Doesn’t what a 12 personnel?

Again, my point was a run heavy or balanced attack is a bad game plan with Allen as the QB… regardless of weather. 

They don't need to go run heavy or be balanced. They just need to show they can run the ball when they want to. It's easier on an oline when the defense can't just pin their ears back and rush the passer every down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

1) I’d feel a LOT better about Monday night if we had Von ready to go

2) Maybe Leonard Floyd can bring that needed jolt to the pass rush that we lacked post-thanksgiving 

Bills are hyping up Greg Rousseau.  He's stronger, he's faster, he's ready to crawl all over opposing QBs.

Time Will Tell

Weather forecast for Monday night in NYC has been improving for a couple days, with only light showers possible at times during the game now. As of right now, this isn't looking like the slop fest predicted two days ago.

However, tons of flights into NYC are getting cancelled today and tomorrow. My crew is piling into an SUV and making the drive at 7a tomorrow to avoid the headaches of rebooked flights. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Bills are hyping up Greg Rousseau.  He's stronger, he's faster, he's ready to crawl all over opposing QBs.

Time Will Tell

Hope so!

I don’t believe he brings the same level of twitch abd finess to his rush as the aforementioned but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a force.

On 9/8/2023 at 6:16 PM, Nextmanup said:

👎

You bring nothing to the table.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.