Gabe Davis is a 2023 Captain...let the board erupt!

eball

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

QB Josh Allen

WR Stefon Diggs 

WR Gabe Davis

C Mitch Morse 

S Jordan Poyer 

S Micah Hyde 

LB Von Miller 

LB Tyler Matakevich

oh thank god, diggs still there 😅

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is going to sound terrible, but I'm so afraid of him going off this year since he's due for a new contract.  

The guys who find a way to finally put it all together in the last year drives me nuts

If he helps us win the Superbowl, he can become the highest paid WR for all I care.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

This is going to sound terrible, but I'm so afraid of him going off this year since he's due for a new contract.  

The guys who find a way to finally put it all together in the last year drives me nuts

IMO the only way I see him on our team next year is if they sign him in the next month.

If he goes off this year he will price himself out of Buffalo for a WR2.

If he does not go off we will look elsewhere.

I guess there are other situations, but outliers.

My opinion is he goes off this year

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

If he helps us win the Superbowl, he can become the highest paid WR for all I care.

Agreed

Just now, Manther said:

IMO the only way I see him on our team next year is if they sign him in the next month.

If he goes off this year he will price himself out of Buffalo for a WR2.

If he does not go off we will look elsewhere.

I guess there are other situations, but outliers.

My opinion is he goes off this year

I agree.  The contract Mike Williams got from the Chargers made think of Gabe immediately.  If 20 mil is the price for a decent WR2, it's not happening here

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I agree.  The contract Mike Williams got from the Chargers made think of Gabe immediately.  If 20 mil is the price for a decent WR2, it's not happening here

Great comparison with Mike Williams and agreed that can't and won't happen in Buffalo.  

We need Dalton Kincaid, Dawson Knox, Trent Sherfield and Deonte Harty to step up their game so we know what we have in the future.  I think most can, but, not enough balls to go around consistently.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, MPL said:

I have heard that strippers give better rates to team captains, so this is very big deal for Diggs.

I heard bartenders give stronger drinks if you just get her pregnant while still dating AND living with your high school sweetheart. The fact that Josh is also a captain should me the drinks are free too. These guys have it made. 

42 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If he goes off big enough to help win us a Super Bowl then I will happily help him carry his huge Free Agency check to the bank.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

No, Josh on Pat McAfee said Diggs was voted C.

Diggs is more than a C in my book. He's an A+

19 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

No Milano 

Was he a Capt previously?

Just assumed he’d be one given his skills. 

Has anyone actually ever heard Milano speak? Like, does he speak? I'm not saying one has to speak to be a captain, but speaking kind of seems like a part of the job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, MPL said:

Diggs is more than a C in my book. He's an A+

Has anyone actually ever heard Milano speak? Like, does he speak? I'm not saying one has to speak to be a captain, but speaking kind of seems like a part of the job. 

LOL.  Yes, I've heard Milano speak.  

Before one of the Ravens playoff games, he caused a bit of a kerfluffle by saying "We're pretty confident in being able to contain him."about Lamar Jackson.  After the win, he posted this:

Another classic Milano-ism was when he said in an interview that he was trying to become more vocal on the field.  One of the reporters asked "how do you become more vocal?" to which Milano replied, deadpan, "You talk more"

Micah Hyde says that Milano is one of the biggest internal trash-talkers on the team.  That must require talking.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.