Notable cuts around the league

Desert Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh boy...I am almost getting m hopes up more right now than I was just prior to the draft.

Could Beane actually get an OT and a MLB

image.png.80f1b236ef0ce9352ea6d5d93ef93c39.pngcontent://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1693317378020411729479.gif

Edited by Gary Marangi
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This thread is fun for keeping an eye on what other teams are doing, and for daydreaming.

But my money is on Beane NOT bringing in any of these guys. Unfortunately.

if Beane thinks the guy is an upgrade he will...  he's done it before.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

if Beane thinks the guy is an upgrade he will...  he's done it before.

There might be a chance on one of these backup OTs. I dont see them bringing in a new MLB to (compete to) start this close to the season. Unless they can have Hyde or someone call the defense. But I dont think McD does that.

40 minutes ago, boyst said:

no, i try not to watch hick football. i stick to real conferences where they actually play with heart and grit. 🤣

i followed the guy because he is from a nearby town. i met my wife years ago and in passing she mentioned she used to train karate with him. he was a younger quiet kid, very nice and passive.

Real? OK then. 👍👌

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Pretty sure they have Milano with the green dot.

I dont remember seeing that, but it does sound kinda familiar. Did they do that in prior years? Do you know specific games? Because preseason this year was definitely the MLBs, and it's usually the MLBs.

18 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Bills have more depth at G than they can keep already.

Bills are deep at guard. Would only sign one if McGovern is out long term.

18 hours ago, ngbills said:

Kirksey and King from hou could both be upgrades 

Can King help outside? He's more of a slot corner but if Bills were to trade Elam...

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I think there’s an experience limit for being put on practice squad.   Crowder has been around a while.

Whoops, I was wrong. They changed the rules allowing for up to 6 players with no experience limits

I think Crowder isn't enamored with the Bills and will look elsewhere,looking for a team where he can get playing time. Would he see many targets here?

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The Eagles cut OT Dennis Kelly, to me he's a swing tackle candidate. More details of him https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-sign-veteran-dennis-kelly when they first signed him. 

With the young guys on the 53 the PS will need some replacement talent.  I know Kelly is an old guy, but Beane has to get 2 OTs I would guess,

from somewhere else.

Dolphins making some interesting moves, definitely gearing up for a Jonathan Taylor trade which is a scary thought adding a player like that to what is already a top 3 NFL roster, if not best overall.

Also if I'm Beane I'd be taking a very hard look at some of the LB's they released as there is some serious talent there.

• Eyeroll 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Dolphins making some interesting moves, definitely gearing up for a Jonathan Taylor trade which is a scary thought adding a player like that to what is already a top 3 NFL roster, if not best overall.

Fins aren't a top 3 roster, let alone best overall.

Cmon now.  Their Captain isn't even durable for a full season.

Although its interesting that our 3 AFCE rivals are trying to upgrade RB with proven stars (Cook, Elliot, and Taylor).  Show you just what they think of our DL and ability to run block.

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Also if I'm Beane I'd be taking a very hard look at some of the LB's they released as there is some serious talent there.

This post is pure comedy, I literally just busted out laughing. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Not sure if already posted, but Panthers cut Deion Jones.  He fits the Bills pattern smallish ILB (6'1" 227lbs) and is a former Panther.  Seems like he has been injured a bunch the last two years, but some articles say he was playing well in preseason.  

Any interest from anyone?

Any thoughts?

I’m very interested, thought he would be a target in FA, would love to see him on the way to Buffalo ASAP.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.