O’Cyrus Torrence Dominating (video breakdown)

wppete

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Awesome! I’m not ready to break down the 1in break at the moment, but I love the positive takeaways from our rook guard. 

I’m shyly pumped the Bills May have hit on picks 1-3, 5 in this draft. 

Might have also hit on 4 if that idiot Beane didn't trade up for Kincaid...

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Dislike 2

I honestly don’t know how he fell to 59, but I’m glad we were able to capitalize on that and bring him in. I was thinking he’d go around late 30s - early 40s. My other favorite guard out of this years class was Steve Avila (who can play anywhere in the middle of the OL). He’s gonna be a star if he shows up on gameday when it matters.

I actually think we have a solid foundation for the middle of the OL right now. Tackle is where things are getting messy - Dawkins underperformed and Brown needs to make some major improvements quickly to avoid losing his job. McGovern, Morse, and Torrence are going to do well. I think we let Morse walk next year and insert Bates into the staring Center position and it won’t be a major downgrade.

A major investment is needed to keep Josh upright- I’d prefer a known commodity if we can afford it, but we need to draft a Tackle next year early. MLB is the other major position of need but I’d rather get the line figured out first. Best way to win is to score more points, and the best way to do that is to get Josh all the time he needs. Hopefully we get it sorted out and both Dawkins and Brown step up their game. I could see maybe even getting a LT upgrade and moving Dawkins back to RT for a year if needed.

• Like (+1) 1

0:50 into the video you can see Spencer Brown get absolutely obliterated by a linebacker. 

But yes, Torrence played well. I am excited about him. He is the first piece in rebuilding this o-line. We will need a new Center, RT and LT in the next year or two.

brownv2i.jpg

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Might have also hit on 4 if that idiot Beane didn't trade up for Kincaid...

Yeah, but then you wouldn’t have Kincaid. He jumped Dallas who was salivating at the chance of getting him. Did you see their draft room when we got him? They looked dejected and upset as hell.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

0:50 into the video you can see Spencer Brown get absolutely obliterated by a linebacker. 

A humongous beast of a right tackle that gets taken out by a man much smaller.

But yes, Torrence played well. I am excited about him. He is the first piece in rebuilding this o-line. We will need a new Center, RT and LT in the next year or two.

brownv2i.jpg

Spencer and Doyle will no longer be on our roster next year.

Just darts thrown at the OL Board by Beane.

Aim higher.

Think round one and two.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

Stay on topic.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

Odd to single out that play considering he actually made the block on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Beane needs to do this again pretty much every off season for the next few years, wether thru the draft, trade or FA, this line needs a minimum of three more Torrence (sp) level O-linemen. 

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

Surprising that you pick a play where the guys plant for isn't down to say he stinks.🙄 

Sincerely watch that play and see his left foot slips when engaging with the LB. I don't care how much you weigh, even a sumo wrestler ain't staying up when one foot slips.

56 minutes ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

Saw this too. Embarrassing! He's typically tougher than that. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Beane needs to do this again pretty much every off season for the next few years, wether thru the draft, trade or FA, this line needs a minimum of three more Torrence (sp) level O-linemen. 

People are overreacting to Dawkins.  He seems to come in overweight and look like crap in the PS.  He’ll come around.

I’ve been a Brown apologist for good reasons on his lack of off seasons and training camp minis, etc, but he has no excuses if he comes out against the Jets like his last performance.

There’s no doubt Beane will be working the waiver wire if Brown doesn’t look markedly better in this last week’s PS game.

Doyle will be gone after an injury settlement, but Brown is on paper thin ice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

I can't really fault Spencer Brown on that one.  His left foot slipped pretty badly just as he reaches the LB,  causing him to be off balance.   

Great video/analysis.

One thing that stood out during live game, and confirmed here, is the "variety" of looks, schemes, stunts the Steelers threw at us.  5 man, 6 man rushes, various stunts and fronts/wide 9 too, etc. 

This is the Steeler defense, but not something you see teams do in preseason.  They put alot on film, didn't go "vanilla" as some say.  It's not an excuse, but when you don't scheme specifically, and looked like Dorsey was trying new concepts under center/route development, this is partly the result.  

Living in Steeler country, I know a couple media/close contacts to team.  One texted me during the game, that he had learned during week that Steelers did some "moderate" planning for this game...to put forth a good showing for their only home preseason game/bitter taste from LYs game.  Just passing along, its impossible to tell how this compares to the "prep" our staff did specifically for this game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

You also notice that Murray is downhill while the backer is still turning around to chase. That was Brown pulling from RT into the LG gap to spring the run. Ugly, but mission accomplished, Murray goes for 10+ and the first down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

You also notice that Murray is downhill while the backer is still turning around to chase. That was Brown pulling from RT into the LG gap to spring the run. Ugly, but mission accomplished, Murray goes for 10+ and the first down.

Context.  This is his posting in a nutshell.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Great video/analysis.

One thing that stood out during live game, and confirmed here, is the "variety" of looks, schemes, stunts the Steelers threw at us.  5 man, 6 man rushes, various stunts and fronts/wide 9 too, etc. 

This is the Steeler defense, but not something you see teams do in preseason.  They put alot on film, didn't go "vanilla" as some say.  It's not an excuse, but when you don't scheme specifically, and looked like Dorsey was trying new concepts under center/route development, this is partly the result.  

Living in Steeler country, I know a couple media/close contacts to team.  One texted me during the game, that he had learned during week that Steelers did some "moderate" planning for this game...to put forth a good showing for their only home preseason game/bitter taste from LYs game.  Just passing along, its impossible to tell how this compares to the "prep" our staff did specifically for this game.

Thanks for sharing, that's actually a pretty interesting tidbit there 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Great video/analysis.

You dummy, those Steelers media contacts are just Bills homers. Blind fool!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

People are overreacting to Dawkins.  He seems to come in overweight and look like crap in the PS.  He’ll come around.

I’ve been a Brown apologist for good reasons on his lack of off seasons and training camp minis, etc, but he has no excuses if he comes out against the Jets like his last performance.

There’s no doubt Beane will be working the waiver wire if Brown doesn’t look markedly better in this last week’s PS game.

Doyle will be gone after an injury settlement, but Brown is on paper thin ice.

Ya think??   People are overreacting to the entire game.   I know people just like to B word but dang its getting unbearable.   It was a preseason game. Priority one is don’t get injured.  But folks around here seem to think this game had playoff seeding up for grabs.   

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Torrence and Kincaid are the bright spots thus far. 

We will need upgrades to LT and RT next year. 
Personally I’d go LT,RT,MLB next draft. 

Another 3rd rd MLB- sounds like something we did at RB, one of the only other positions that get paid less than MLB.

I doubt they’d ever draft 2 OTs in the first 3 rounds.  I’d be happy with it though. 

Give me LT, WR, DT

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Another 3rd rd MLB- sounds like something we did at RB, one of the only other positions that get paid less than MLB.

I doubt they’d ever draft 2 OTs in the first 3 rounds.  I’d be happy with it though. 

Give me LT, WR, DT

I just don’t want to waste Josh’s talents. I want to do everything possible to give him time in the pocket, if not I want a 1B WR over a mlb. I don’t know, I just want to win, I’m so tired of being disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I just don’t want to waste Josh’s talents. I want to do everything possible to give him time in the pocket, if not I want a 1B WR over a mlb. I don’t know, I just want to win, I’m so tired of being disappointed. 

I agree.  I just don’t see it happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

there's no doubt he did very well, but it seems he has a default tendency to grab to opponents pads. I wonder if that's going to be a problem.

Isn’t that standard fair for all linemen since forever, as long as its inside the shoulders the refs don’t seem to care.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

there's no doubt he did very well, but it seems he has a default tendency to grab to opponents pads. I wonder if that's going to be a problem.

Yes.   But his grabbing is super obvious.

In the video, he was praised repeatedly for doing this.

I gotta think that there is a technique for doing this without it being Holding.  Or, at least, it not being flagged for holding.

And if it is a good thing, that he is coached to do, he sure seems to be doing it well.  Especially where they point out that it helps him have time to correct a mistake during the early portion of his rep.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.