O’Cyrus Torrence Dominating (video breakdown)

wppete

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

If by made the block, you mean he got rocked into a different universe, then yes. 

Can't answer the question? 

If he didn't make the block, why didn't the guy he blocked, make the tackle at the point of contact? 

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Yet he still made the block to spring Murray. Id rather a LB tackle the guy without the ball.

Classic Einstein. Doesnt understand what he is looking at. Just sees "guy on ground = bad". Brown made that block and sprung the runner. Nothing to complain about.

Here is the screen shot taken merely half a second earlier that changes everything and shows the truth:

gqEuwWF.png

Huge hole and free lane for Murray to run through untouched.

6 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

On draft day I remember hearing Cyrus is versatile. Can he play left tackle? He has the size. 

He cant/shouldnt play anywhere but RG. He even has trouble at LG. Enough with all this shuffling the deck and making guys play out of position.

If we need a RT, then get a true RT.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Classic Einstein. Doesnt understand what he is looking at. Just sees "guy on ground = bad". Brown made that block and sprung the runner. Nothing to complain about.

He cant/shouldnt play anywhere but RG. He even has trouble at LG. Enough with all this shuffling the deck and making guys play out of position.

If we need a RT, then get a true RT.

Oh I’m not willy nilly asking. We need a left tackle more than we need a right guard. 

57 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

100% yes. Not going to be Torrence. We didnt draft him for LT.

10-4. I’m already running in the red because of the holes I see at Tackles. This wouldn’t be the same as moving Quinton Nelson as a 10 year over to LT. We can dream and hope Torrence is a perennial All Pro, but he hasn’t even played his first game yet.. crazier things have happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

10-4. I’m already running in the red because of the holes I see at Tackles. This wouldn’t be the same as moving Quinton Nelson as a 10 year over to LT. We can dream and hope Torrence is a perennial All Pro, but he hasn’t even played his first game yet.. crazier things have happened. 

Then who plays RG? Bates?

IMO, [Dawkins LT, Torrence RG] >>> [Torrence LT, Bates RG]

• Like (+1) 1

Torrance looks to have great instincts for playing the position. He's also a good technician with a good head that has clearly taken well to the coaching he has received. Can't imagine him playing tackle. Right now his footwork is good except that he could benefit from having more foot speed. If he is vulnerable to outside speed rushers playing the guard position.....And we haven't yet seen him pull and lead block at the second level, where again foot speed is important (he can pull effectively to help out on the left side of the line). The good news is that once he gets his hands on you the rep is over. He's unbeatable inside.

Hes going to be a starter at guard for a long time. He's a rook and the League is a big step up in the level of competition. He looks like the kind of player who just gets better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.