Rank the top 5 from top to bottom and name 3 dangerous outsider

Italian Bills

1. KC

2. Cinci

3. Phil

4. Buf

5. Dal

Chargers, Miami, Browns

I left off Jets because I think Rodgers is done. Ledt out San Fran becuase their QB situation is amongst worst in the league. I like Dak and Dallas more than others and they are my SuperBowl NFC pick. I also like Herbert and Chargers more than most. 

I added Browns. They have enough talent to challenge Cinci for the division but if Watson plays like he did last six games of last year, they will be lucky to win 5 games and their HC will be first one fired. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1. - chefs.

2. - Eggles

3. - Bungles

4.  - Bills

5. - Nuners (a distant fifth….

Why Bills ain’t #1: Spencer Brown and Co. are no where near the top ten as an OL., Hyde & Poyer are very iffy and not the greatest coaching, and we have an unknown MLB…. I hope the Bills show me they’re better this year. Excited about Dorian Williams’ first game at Will.

5 hours ago, Airseven said:

1. Chiefs

2. Bengals

3. Eagles

4. Ravens

5. Dolphins

Dangerous outsiders: Jags, Lions, Browns

4 hours ago, MJS said:

You are such a troll.

And at this point not even a good one. At least make an effort to try and piss people off. Even by your already low standards, your trolling isn’t amusing/entertaining/fun/annoying any more. It’s really sad 

1) Bills - this is the best roster we've had. When healthy, no one can really touch us (imo)

2) Bengals - they should have probably been in the SB last year.  

3) Chiefs - they're trending down. Kelce a year older, WR corps questionable

4) Eagles - on a mission 

5) 49ers - still a really good team, and great defense

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Airseven said:

1. Chiefs

2. Bengals

3. Eagles

4. Ravens

5. Dolphins

Dangerous outsiders: Jags, Lions, Browns

Did anyone else here something…?

Okay l didn’t think so…

Edited by Don Otreply

I know far more about the Bills than the rosters of other teams.  But if I had to rank them, it would be like this:

1.   KC

2.  Philly

3.  Cincy

4.  Bills

5.  49ers

There are some other teams, particularly in the AFC (Ravens, Fins) knocking on the door of the Top Five.  

The Bills don't have the best roster but they're in the top 5 or 8, for sure, and that makes the Lombardi realistic if difficult.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

1) Bills - this is the best roster we've had. When healthy, no one can really touch us (imo)

2) Bengals - they should have probably been in the SB last year.  

3) Chiefs - they're trending down. Kelce a year older, WR corps questionable

4) Eagles - on a mission 

5) 49ers - still a really good team, and great defense

The Chiefs and their 5 straight AFC Championship games and coming off a Super Bowl win are trending down?

1.  Chiefs - Obvious choice

2.  Eagles - The only other team who has an argument for number 1

3.  Bengals - Biggest threat to unseat the Chiefs in the AFC

4.  Bills - Loaded roster, but they started to show their age last year, and they only got older losing Edmunds and adding Floyd

5.  Jaguars - I’m not a huge believer in Lawrence, but they’re a real threat if he becomes elite

49ers, Lions, and Dolphins are all very flawed teams who are elite in certain areas.

Just don’t see how there’s any argument for anyone other than the Chiefs and Eagles being the two best teams in whatever order.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I know far more about the Bills than the rosters of other teams.  But if I had to rank them, it would be like this:

1.   KC

2.  Philly

3.  Cincy

4.  Bills

5.  49ers

There are some other teams, particularly in the AFC (Ravens, Fins) knocking on the door of the Top Five.  

The Bills don't have the best roster but they're in the top 5 or 8, for sure, and that makes the Lombardi realistic if difficult.  

Well, at least you're safe from @Billl giving you a laughing emoji. OTOH, including the Bills on your list at all will upset a very dim troll. 

• Like (+1) 1

Chiefs

Eagles

SF

Bills

Bengals

Threats: Jets, Dolphins, Cowboys

I like the 49ers roster probably more than I should. Outside of the QB position, I think they are pretty stacked. If they have bad QB play, Purdy was a 1 year wonder and/or no one else steps up then you can drop them off the list.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Billl said:

The Chiefs and their 5 straight AFC Championship games and coming off a Super Bowl win are trending down?

1.  Chiefs - Obvious choice

2.  Eagles - The only other team who has an argument for number 1

3.  Bengals - Biggest threat to unseat the Chiefs in the AFC

4.  Bills - Loaded roster, but they started to show their age last year, and they only got older losing Edmunds and adding Floyd

5.  Jaguars - I’m not a huge believer in Lawrence, but they’re a real threat if he becomes elite

49ers, Lions, and Dolphins are all very flawed teams who are elite in certain areas.

Just don’t see how there’s any argument for anyone other than the Chiefs and Eagles being the two best teams in whatever order.

We'll know soon enough.

But yeah - that's my take. They are trending down.  I don't think they will contend for the 1 seed this year.  The main thing they have going for them is an easy-as-pie schedule.  Kelce is going to be 34 this year.  They lost Juju.  They're hoping players like Toney can step up.

Just not seeing it. I think they'll struggle to get the 3 seed.

Edited by Success

1. Chiefs

2. Eagles

3. Bengals

4. Bills

5. Vikings

Could cause trouble - 49ers, Lions, Saints

Why these won't be...

Dolphins - Tua will have a couple more spinal injuries

Ravens - Lamar seems to miss lots of games, I expect that to continue

Jests - Rodgers will be bruised and battered behind that line

Broncos - IMO Wilson is toast

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

We'll know soon enough.

But yeah - that's my take. They are trending down.  I don't think they will contend for the 1 seed this year.

What is this based on?  How it possible that there is a downward trend when the last game they played was the Super Bowl that they won?  

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

What is this based on?  How it possible that there is a downward trend when the last game they played was the Super Bowl that they won?  

It sounds like you're viewing rankings such as this like power rankings usually are. Most national power rankings always put the SB champ #1, w/ the justification that "until someone proves otherwise."

I don't think KC should have been in the SB, or should have won the SB.  They were the beneficiary of some egregious calls that I thought determined both outcomes, and I'm hardly alone in that POV.  I also don't view preseason rankings as a reward for past accomplishment.

So, my assessment is based on some of the factors I listed. An aging Kelce, and the weakest WR group KC has had since prior to their 1st SB win.

There has also been only one repeat champion this century.

Edited by Success
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Certainly, the team you have this year is different in some respects. That's true for everyone. So, to assert absolute identity isn't really true. I think your oline  and wr room aren't as strong as last year. Kelce is a year older. You never know when age is going to drop the hammer. If age on the Bills is a concern, so is the age of the most important player on your roster not named Mahomes. I don't expect that, but it is possible.

Back in the seventies, the Raiders made a habit of turning a roster of old men into threats to win it all. I don't just see an old team with the Bills. I see a team with significant depth -- that mitigates the concern that older players are more susceptible to injury or take longer to recover. Anyway, I think Josh Allen is primed to win it all. There is hunger and a sense of urgency that I think will tilt in the Bills' favor this year. KC is certainly among the favorites. If you think you have to be knocked off before you lose the top ranking, that's a defensible view. But I'm not scared of the Chiefs. We can beat you, at home or at Arrowhead.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Success said:

It sounds like you're viewing rankings such as this like power rankings usually are. Most national power rankings always put the SB champ #1, w/ the justification that "until someone proves otherwise."

I don't think KC should have been in the SB, or should have won the SB.  They were the beneficiary of some egregious calls that I thought determined both outcomes, and I'm hardly alone in that POV.  I also don't view preseason rankings as a reward for past accomplishment.

So, my assessment is based on some of the factors I listed. An aging Kelce, and the weakest WR group KC has had since prior to their 1st SB win.

There has also been only one repeat champion this century.

I’m not talking about rankings.  You said the Chiefs are trending down.  I’m just asking what trend you’re referring to. 

A trend is a sequence of events that moves in a specific direction.  For example, losing an uncompetitive game in the Conference Championship, losing in a competitive Divisional round game and then losing an uncompetitive game in the Divisional round is a downward trend.  Losing in the Conference Championship Game, winning the Super Bowl, losing the Super Bowl, losing the Conference Championship game, and winning the Super Bowl is not a downward trend.

Saying you don’t think they deserved to win games that they won is also not a trend.

Edited by Billl

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

I’m not talking about rankings.  You said the Chiefs are trending down.  I’m just asking what trend you’re referring to. 

A trend is a sequence of events that moves in a specific direction.  For example, losing an uncompetitive game in the Conference Championship, losing in a competitive Divisional round game and then losing an uncompetitive game in the Divisional round is a downward trend.  Losing in the Conference Championship Game, winning the Super Bowl, losing the Super Bowl, losing the Conference Championship game, and winning the Super Bowl is not a downward trend.

I see your point.  Poor wording on my part.

I'd revise my comments to say, "I don't think they'll be nearly as good, and I think they probably should have been AFC runner-ups last year as it was."

That's more accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

Vegas says KC, PHI, Bills, CIN, SF. That sounds right. Outsiders looking in are DAL, MIA, BAL, SD, JAX, NYJ and maybe. Couple others. The bills were third best last year in the AFC and the roster is not stronger. KC and CIN did not do much either. It’s gonna come down to who is healthy and playing well come playoff time. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.