Training Camp opens today! 2023 Season is upon us!

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

1) I keep saying I think Kincaid is ready to take over Beasley's role in this offense from day one, but with much more upside and versatility. These (very) early camp reports are keeping that hope alive.

2) Dane Jackson gets first run at CB2.

3) Dodson gets first run at MLB.

Bills replacing Tremaine Edmunds with Tyrel Dodson is the biggest indictment on Tremaine Edmunds thus far lmao

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

1) I keep saying I think Kincaid is ready to take over Beasley's role in this offense from day one, but with much more upside and versatility. These (very) early camp reports are keeping that hope alive.

Loved that the Bills were able to snag Kincaid in the draft....never thought he would still be available.

Really psyched to see to what levels he can take this already powerful Bills Offense!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Bills replacing Tremaine Edmunds with Tyrel Dodson is the biggest indictment on Tremaine Edmunds thus far lmao

Yeah it’s not like we haven’t seen the huge drop off from Edmunds to Dodson several times over the past few years.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Any updates about Torrance? Really hope he gets into that starting lineup. 

We all do- In my unprofessional opinion 70%  chance Bates starts the season. It’ll be on Torrance to get up to speed with the playbook very quickly.  I don’t think his talent will be enough to earn him the job.  In time it’ll be his job.  The sooner the better

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

We all do- In my unprofessional opinion 70%  chance Bates starts the season. It’ll be on Torrance to get up to speed with the playbook very quickly.  I don’t think his talent will be enough to earn him the job.  In time it’ll be his job.  The sooner the better

We can do a lot worse than Bates to have as the vet to beat for a rookie.

We should know, we have Bobby Hart. 

• Like (+1) 1

Love hearing about Kincaid /new formations being used 

Dodson as starter for now, fine. Will be very disappointing if that's the case Week 1. 

3rd round picks on LBs last two years. Can't be burning picks on guys just to play ST. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can't help but wonder if Taylor Rapp and Taron Johnson will be on the field a lot more often than a second linebacker.

Essentially, a three-safety dime package, with Milano as the only true linebacker on the field.

Rapp and Johnson are both sound tacklers for defensive backs.

Sure, this look would be vulnerable against the run, but should theoretically be very tough to pass against.

Edited by Logic

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

I can't help but wonder if Taylor Rapp and Taron Johnson will be on the field a lot more often than a second linebacker.

Essentially, a three-safety dime package, with Milano as the only true linebacker on the field.

Rapp and Johnson are both sound tacklers for defensive backs.

Sure, this look would be vulnerable against the run, but should theoretically be very tough to pass against.

Could be why they beefed up DT.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Rapp and Johnson are both sound tacklers for defensive backs. Sure, this look would be vulnerable against the run, but should theoretically be very tough to pass against.

You're not the only one who has thought about it. The drop off in LB play after Milano is noticable. Obviously situational football is necessary but I will not be at all surprised if we see a lot more. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There is no way that Torrance will be starting by week 1. He will need time, then by mid-season, we will see where he's at.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

There is no way that Torrance will be starting by week 1. He will need time, then by mid-season, we will see where he's at.

I could see a path to him starting week 1. I think he could flat out make it so the coaches can't take him off the field (much like Groot did his rookie year) or if any IOL guy is injured between now and then.

37 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Josh is out for blood

I approve of this message.

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So obviously this has been going on for years with this staff, but why is that? Is the scheme so complicated that the rookies can’t grasp it? If so, things need to be uncomplicated-to me that’s a bad system. There are far too many rookies and second year players playing in other teams throughout the league for this to continually be an issue. It shouldn’t Already be a done deal that the team’s 2nd round pick won’t be a starter on the first day of training camp

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I could see a path to him starting week 1. I think he could flat out make it so the coaches can't take him off the field (much like Groot did his rookie year) or if any IOL guy is injured between now and then.

You could be right. I'd rather not see Torrance thrown to the wolves. Instead let him get used to the pro game.

Torrance has very good potential and there's no need to rush him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't understand this way of thinking.  He has the size and the talent and was drafted in the second round.  
He is the exact type of guy you want starting from day 1.

I will view it as a disappointment if he is not starting day 1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I don't understand this way of thinking.  He has the size and the talent and was drafted in the second round.  
He is the exact type of guy you want starting from day 1.

I will view it as a disappointment if he is not starting day 1.

Prepare to be disappointed.

We have McGovern, Bates, Edwards & Boettger. They are all ahead of Torrance at this time.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

You could be right. I'd rather not see Torrance thrown to the wolves. Instead let him get used to the pro game.

Torrance has very good potential and there's no need to rush him.

I get that thought as well. I'm of the side of getting him out early to gel with the line. Would be more comfortable with the idea if we had an old vet RT or if Brown bounces back. But he brings something skillwise that none of the guys in contention to start do. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

We have McGovern, Bates, Edwards & Boettger. They are all ahead of Torrance at this time.

well I expect that to change by the time the team starts preparing for week 1.  A month from now if he is not the starting right guard I see that as an issue.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:01 PM, Mark Vader said:

Spencer Brown was an actual cone per the data.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So obviously this has been going on for years with this staff, but why is that? Is the scheme so complicated that the rookies can’t grasp it? If so, things need to be uncomplicated-to me that’s a bad system. There are far too many rookies and second year players playing in other teams throughout the league for this to continually be an issue. It shouldn’t Already be a done deal that the team’s 2nd round pick won’t be a starter on the first day of training camp

Yes, it would be great if all of our rookies could be starting or involved a lot from the beginning, just doesn't always happen.

I don't know why. We did have Spencer Brown was starting rather quickly as a rookie, but that might have been due to an injury.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I get that thought as well. I'm of the side of getting him out early to gel with the line. Would be more comfortable with the idea if we had an old vet RT or if Brown bounces back. But he brings something skillwise that none of the guys in contention to start do. 

Oh, I want to see Torrance get as many reps as possible and a lot of playing time during preseason.

If he shows that he is ready for prime time, then by all means, let him start.

I'm just not expecting it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Spencer Brown was an actual cone per the data.

Jeez.. An 8..  A whole 8.  Dawkins get a 91 because there was no reason to rush that side when the other side was an 8.  An 8!!!!

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

well I expect that to change by the time the team starts preparing for week 1.  A month from now if he is not the starting right guard I see that as an issue.

well he’s a rookie so see whatever you want to see but the fact he probably won’t start week 1 means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

well he’s a rookie so see whatever you want to see but the fact he probably won’t start week 1 means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

of course I am not saying it means he has no future or something dumb like that.

What i am saying is that they needed better play inside and they drafted a guy with the size and ability to do just that.  There is no reason he should not start from day 1.  Day 1 means opening night.

if he doesn't then he probably has an issue with his ability or physical condition.  

I just think its nuts that people think he needs to be babied and spoonfed his way into the lineup.  He is playing the position that is the easiest to come in and play in the nfl.  I am confused by the type of thinking that he needs to come along slowly, guard is a spot you step right in and play, not a big deal for a decorated 2nd round pick.

12 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

An issue?  Haha. Not even close at this point. What’s an issue is Elam. He’s still behind Jackson and Benford, each of whom missed time last year to injuries. Not to mention that Benford was a dart throw at the wall in the 6th that keeps finding ways to get in front of the guy we traded up in the first to get. That’s the potential issue…not a second round RG that just finished his first training camp practice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.