Rookies Report!

TBBills Fan

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hopefully somebody remembered to remove all the rubber mats from the facility. Success is in the details! 

lol I was at that practice and as the players are coming out you see this commotion and then Kolb walks away. We were all very confused until twitter started giving updates. EJ ended up starting the whole practice and at the time as a rookie he actually did not look bad and showed some flashes. But the Kolb thing was forever wild.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What do they do for a week? Lol. Have meetings? It just seems really early. I thought they reported like a day or two early.

I think it’s so they can take the obligatory rookie trip to Niagara Falls. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What do they do for a week? Lol. Have meetings? It just seems really early. I thought they reported like a day or two early.

Thinking the same thing...I've seen ESPN and Sal C mention this, but nothing on the Bills site...report where, SJF?  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Paperwork. Getting their direct deposit set up. CPR training. Tour of the area. Possibly a Dave and Busters run. O'Cyrus Torrence is entered in a tractor pull. And if there is time and they all behave McDermott takes them for ice cream. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, teef said:

I think it’s so they can take the obligatory rookie trip to Niagara Falls. 

Yeah, and they get to do super fun things like go to new era to do some hat shopping, and check out a rubber band factory or something. 

Idk, I always thought our rookie trips looked pretty lame to be honest. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, and they get to do super fun things like go to new era to do some hat shopping, and check out a rubber band factory or something. 

whoever runs the rookie trips needs to be fired asap.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why do rookies report a week early? 

Cause they are rookies and have more to learn…

35 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

They don't put the pics of the rookie trip to the Sundowner out for the public 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I would imagine they have a special "program" that they go through, discussing many things that they don't know about, but veterans do.  Teaching them how we do things, what is expected of them, the importance of them focusing and giving it their all at that stage of their career, and a million other things.

Makes sense to me.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

They don't put the pics of the rookie trip to the Sundowner out for the public 

You think Mcdermott would sign up for that? Maybe he’d let them stay for a wild game of bingo after the Sunday mass, but idk, that’s cutting it. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Paperwork. Getting their direct deposit set up. CPR training. Tour of the area. Possibly a Dave and Busters run. O'Cyrus Torrence is entered in a tractor pull. And if there is time and they all behave McDermott takes them for ice cream. 

Ice cream? That's preponderance man!

Ice cream over chicken wings?!

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Probably to not overwhelm them. They get set up, accustomed to the routine, explained what's expected of them over the following weeks, get to know their fellow rookies more - sort of like a job orientation. If you're a kid coming from College and you're moving in and immediately going straight into everything, it could be a lot. 

6 hours ago, corta765 said:

lol I was at that practice and as the players are coming out you see this commotion and then Kolb walks away. We were all very confused until twitter started giving updates. EJ ended up starting the whole practice and at the time as a rookie he actually did not look bad and showed some flashes. But the Kolb thing was forever wild.

Enter Saint Doug... 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

We are getting close ladies and gentleman!

Soon enough we will have actual football to talk about

Go Bills!~

I totally agree with you that “gentlemen” in the plural would be way too complimentary for most of the posters around here—prolly is only one so…the honor goes to @Ridgewaycynic2013 I say!🥴

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was at st John Fisher today working. Got me pretty excited for camp to start. All the bills store stuff was getting setup and everything else for training camp. Wish I could go to a practice but tickets are pretty much unavailable 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

They’re used to college life and it just makes sense to have dozens of bros share puke toilets. Pittsford nightlife is the bomb

And let’s be honest…This remote college dorm thing is on its last legs…this is a $4B biz with mostly millionaires now.  They’re down to “hey it’s team bonding for a couple weeks” now. I think this team had bonding chances in 2023!!!!

Edited by Since1981

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.