Bickering Bills are Back!!

27yanks

So yup here is my rant

Where do you get your info 

The fake news gossip column 

Wow so here is my in been to both bb and coaches house not only do I teach scuba I also fix everything in house and I leave my cell phone out of the picture.  And I was at the big dogs house installing a new garage disposal the night he signed the big contract.  And sorry never told a sole.

But your 120 post is very inappropriate and 100 percent wrong

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure how much the Bills themselves are bickering.

The last bickering led to 4 SBs, so that's not all bad either.

Was it the bickering that led to SBs… or was it the fact that it was taking place between a bunch of future HOFers in their prime… 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

It's not the SAME thing - but it's a cousin of the thing.

It's essentially the same dynamic. And as someone who was around for "Bickering Bills" - the feeling was the same.  A promising team, multiple disappointments...and now this?  And then SB after SB after SB.

I don't know if that's really the formula.  But it definitely feels familiar.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I hope Ronnie Harmon catches the ball this time..... 

The Ronnie Harmon incident in Cleveland.  One of dozens of heart breaking moments in my Bills fandom.

It's a road paved with broken dreams and shattered hopes! 

😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Why?

57 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

i dont really remember the story, how is it different?

1 hour ago, dayman said:

Nobody knows what it is so hard to say that

This is one person having a problem.

The bickering bills was Thurman vs Kelly, Kelly vs Burkett, coaches fist fighting each other, Kelly vs the offensive line.  

You’re right, we don’t know what Diggs issue is- but it’s one incident.  Not 4 incidents.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

It all starts somewhere.

🤷🏻‍♂️ and?  So because one player has an issue it’s inevitable that there will be more issues?   Until there are more issues, there is no comparison.  

If you want to compare the two- then compare them. I already told you what the difference is.

2 hours ago, DQW87 said:

Bills are fine, it's the Mafia that has too much time on it's hands without football.

Plus the internet today.  Imagine the internet being around back then.  

Just recently was reading a newspaper account from the playoff loss in the year of the Bickering Bills.  I recall during the regular season Thomas calling out Kelly in that needed better play from the QB position.  Didn't recall in the loss Thomas again calling out Kelly, stating on the Harmon drop , it was because Kelly didn't make the throw in time and on the interception to end it,again was Kelly's fault due to hesitation.  May all be true, but didn't recall him ripping other than that one time.

Amazing they became such good friends.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Why?

Because a star player on offense (TT) didn’t say another star on the offense (JK) was the weak link on offense after the accused weak link (Kelly) threw the starting RT (Ballard) under the buss by saying his RT’s suckitude led to an injury he sustained (while in the act of throwing a TD pass, btw). The fact that Thurman saw fit to call Kelly out during his weekly TV show exacerbated the situation by a factor of 10. 

The Diggs situation can’t hold a candle to that. 

Edited by K-9
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

More like Bickering Fans (I am not even sure it ever stopped).

Exactly Lime.  The original poster must not be old enough for the real story from the real Bickering Bills between Kelly to Bruuuce, to the Thurmonator.  It took Bill Polian sitting evreryone down and putting the accusations to rest.  The positive results btw for the person trying to stir up trouble was a galvanization of the team to make a run the following years with 4 SB appearances.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

The bickering bills was Thurman vs Kelly, Kelly vs Burkett, coaches fist fighting each other, Kelly vs the offensive line.  

You’re right, we don’t know what Diggs issue is- but it’s one incident.  Not 4 incidents.  

Diggs V McD this week and Diggs V Josh playoffs  … so my score is 4-2 ( you have named Kelly three times…)

Actually .. can you elaborate on the coaches fist fight?

Marv talking it down big time in this article here … 

https://www.upi.com/amp/Archives/1989/10/24/Bills-assistant-coaches-in-fist-fight/6372625204800/

Edited by Aussie Joe

I don't think this came up all of sudden due to the Bengals game (or just before) nor do I think it is all Diggs.

Things have been clearly less kumbaya with the Bills since the 13 seconds.   There were assistant coaches making lateral moves, stories that Daboll and McDermott didn't see eye to eye, rumors about what was said on the flight back from KC etc. Things were hidden during the hot start last season but probably flared up after the team started struggling in November such as mentioned in Wawrow's article.

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Don't forget Kelly vs Reed for Lori Lisowski.

Edited by The Jokeman