Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Oh come on man. Ā it is not catastrophic. Ā Diggs is like a child. He will be dealt with like a child and this will be fixed before the season starts. Ā He's not the President of the USA....he catches footballs.

Ā 

As long as he shows up at kickoff, the rest is kind of meaningless.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

After tonightā€™s post, Iā€™m leaning toward itā€™s over. Ā 
Ā 

Theyā€™ve had FIVE MONTHS. Ā He met with McD and Beane. Ā 
Ā 

And all unfolded WORSE. Ā 

Ā 

If nothing was said today by anyone Iā€™d feel better. Ā Everyone saying something made it worse. Ā 
Ā 

F him. Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Ā 

Tell that to Vonn and other free agents that came here partly bc of Diggs.Ā 
Ā 

This. Ā Is. Ā Catastrophic. Ā 

The Bills can still win without a focused and happy Diggs.Ā 

Ā 

McD is running the D. That's an instant upgrade. Guys are coming back healthy and the acquisitions will have a positive impact.Ā 

Ā 

Josh is likely to have a better Oline and running game. Dorsey has a year under his belt.Ā 

Ā 

The roster is still very good.Ā 

Ā 

McD knows how to win under adversity.Ā 

Ā 

Everyone relax.Ā 

Edited by newcam2012

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

he does deserve much credit. And while it may be true that the relationship between Diggs and Allen and the team is starting to fray, they simply canā€™t be rid of him this year. Blame Diggs, blame Beane, whatever. They have to work it out.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

His contract says otherwise.Ā  Money will force them to make it work.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

McDermott or Diggs?

Ā 

Ā 

:o

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Oh come on man. Ā it is not catastrophic. Ā Diggs is like a child. He will be dealt with like a child and this will be fixed before the season starts. Ā He's not the President of the USA....he catches footballs.

Ā 

As long as he shows up at kickoff, the rest is kind of meaningless.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills are stuck with Diggs and Diggs is stuck with The Bills.Ā 

Ā 

Get your popcorn ready. It won't be a boring season. We fans will be entertained.Ā 

Pay up the troll toll or you're not crossing the bridge.

Ā 

Sell diggs, never gonna happen.Ā  Rebuild, already working around him with other offensive weapons that they added.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Ā 

After tonightā€™s post, Iā€™m leaning toward itā€™s over. Ā 
Ā 

Theyā€™ve had FIVE MONTHS. Ā He met with McD and Beane. Ā 
Ā 

And all unfolded WORSE. Ā 

Ā 

If nothing was said today by anyone Iā€™d feel better. Ā Everyone saying something made it worse. Ā 
Ā 

F him. Ā 

Jesus Christ man. Can you be any more alarmist? Itā€™s not ā€œover.ā€ Thereā€™s no feasible fiscal way it could possibly be ā€œover.ā€ You are contributing nothing to this. Thereā€™s a lot of egos and individual wants in play but they are adults and professionals. They will figure it out. JUNE 13.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus Christ man. Can you be any more alarmist? Itā€™s not ā€œover.ā€ Thereā€™s no feasible fiscal way it could possibly be ā€œover.ā€ You are contributing nothing to this. Thereā€™s a lot of egos and individual wants in play but they are adults and professionals. They will figure it out. JUNE 13.

That's pretty harsh. Let the person vent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Ā 

Ā 

Who cares about Miller? Heā€™s a waste of money and will be cut after the 2024 season. Beane gave it a good run - he too deserves credit - Ā but weā€™re experiencing the fall.Ā 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

he does deserve much credit. And while it may be true that the relationship between Diggs and Allen and the team is starting to fray, they simply canā€™t be rid of him this year. Blame Diggs, blame Beane, whatever. They have to work it out.

We already don't have a #2WR.Ā  All we need now is Diggs to become an issue.Ā  God I wish we could've landed Flowers somehow?

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve gathered from this thread

Ā 

People who are to blame for Diggs being absent:

Dorsey

McDermott

Beane

Allen

Ā 

People who are not to blame:

Diggs

Ā 

Diggs handled it the wrong way. pretty much no one is saying otherwise. Until we know what exactly his gripes are, pretty hard to figure if there is any other blame to go around.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We already don't have a #2WR.Ā  All we need now is Diggs to become an issue.Ā  God I wish we could've landed Flowers somehow?

Iā€™m a BC alum I wouldā€™ve loved that. Damn that WR run in the draft.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Would not having a #1 WR really be that bad?Ā  Honestly asking.

image.thumb.png.3cd0db9bcf6ba97d7c8e85d2bebafdc6.png

Ā 

Having a few 2/3 WRs can work apparently.

Edited by The Wiz

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Would not having a #1 WR really be that bad?Ā  Honestly asking.

image.thumb.png.3cd0db9bcf6ba97d7c8e85d2bebafdc6.png

Ā 

Having a few 2/3 WRs can work apparently.

Having a few 2/3 WRs....and one of the best TEs of all time, one of the best offensive head coaches of all time, and one of the best o lines in the NFL.Ā 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

if you have a Kelce? Nah itā€™s not that bad.

And I think that's the hope for the future with Kincaid (at least within the organization).Ā  I don't expect it to happen overnight but we actually do have a good TE already and the potential of another.Ā  That's what I feel like this is all about.Ā  A shift toward the early New England years with two TE's that can win and have receivers that just do enough.

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe that's the reason why Diggs is upset.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

And I think that's the hope for the future with Kincaid (at least within the organization).Ā  I don't expect it to happen overnight but we actually do have a good TE already and the potential of another.Ā  That's what I feel like this is all about.Ā  A shift toward the early New England years with two TE's that can win and have receivers that just do enough.

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe that's the reason why Diggs is upset.

Goddamn if Kincaid turns into something even approaching Kelce Iā€™d be ecstatic.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Having a few 2/3 WRs....and one of the best TEs of all time, one of the best offensive head coaches of all time, and one of the best o lines in the NFL.Ā 

Add in that juju was a 1 in Pitt and MVS is good for a 3.

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Add in that juju was a 1 in Pitt and MVS is good for a 3.

juju was a 2 forced to play as a 1 once AB left and didnā€™t do so good. Granted Ben was approaching corpse status at that point but I think itā€™s an important distinction.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Well my point was more of "if you don't know who the #1 WR is then they are all targets at any given time"

Ā 

Kind of reminds me of how Allen was in 2020.Ā  Everyone got fed the ball.Ā  Even with Diggs taking it a bunch.Ā  Beasley had 20 less targets that season and was the bread and butter underneath.Ā  They need more of that.

Edited by The Wiz

Sorted through about 50 pages and still couldn't find a reason so am sure I'm just repeating other points. This is weird and has me actually concerned. I could overlook the end of the season blowup stuff, even though it felt like something was festering. This is clearly confirmation of it. Something is off, and the slimiest feeling is that it might be something between Diggs and Josh, especially considering all of the off season chatter, more so than something with Diggs and the org or coaching staff. I knew hyping up the Diggs-Allen bromance was stupid.

22 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Diggs probably can't believe that Dorsey still has a job. I can't believe it either. Is its between Diggs and Dorsey it's a no brainer, keep the good one

I think you gotta give Dorsey a bit more rope than that. Numbers-wise the offense was fine overall last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Diggs probably can't believe that Dorsey still has a job. I can't believe it either. Is its between Diggs and Dorsey it's a no brainer, keep the good one

This is just so far off base. I don't know how so many on this board got to the point of thinking that Dorsey is such a huge problem. It was his very first year calling plays. The Bills had a top offense despite plenty of issues and injuries, including to Josh Allen.

Ā 

Did nobody expect some hiccups with a first year playcaller? Nobody thinks he can improve? You guys would have run Josh Allen out of town.

Ā 

Just give the guy a chance to get his new job down and come into his own. And if we fall out of the top 5 in offense this year, then maybe criticize him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

56 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

AMEN!

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Mehā€¦ itā€™s JuneĀ 

Yep, it's June...and we are heading into a regression year. Ā Been saying it since end of last year. Ā None of the moves really sway me from the opinion.

Ā 

THEREFORE: maybe this will be the year win it all. Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

One thing I found interesting was Allen saying he went to Diggs charity basketball game in Maryland this year. But thereā€™s zero pictures of Allen there. Someone like Allen wouldā€™ve stuck out. I felt like Allen was lying about that when he said it.Ā 

Why the need to lie about it, though? Itā€™s not an all encompassing important thing whether he was there or not.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

One thing I found interesting was Allen saying he went to Diggs charity basketball game in Maryland this year. But thereā€™s zero pictures of Allen there. Someone like Allen wouldā€™ve stuck out. I felt like Allen was lying about that when he said it.Ā 

Allen has got around this offseasonā€¦

Ā 

I think he would have attended the opening of an envelopeā€¦so wouldnā€™t surprise me him going to this..

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Aussie Joe

10 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Why the need to lie about it, though? Itā€™s not an all encompassing important thing whether he was there or not.

I donā€™t know. I just didnā€™t feel like Allen was telling the truth when he said he and Diggs talked all offseason. Also Josina Anderson had a weird reaction to Allen saying Diggs is his brother. At least I thought it was weird. Sheā€™s pretty close with players.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Whatever the problem is, handle it like a man. A childish outburst doesnā€™t help whatever the situation is. Ā 

Diggs knows there is no way the Bills trade or release him. Ā The cap hit would kill this team.

Edited by davefan66

14 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Whatever the problem is, handle it like a man. A childish outburst doesnā€™t help whatever the situation is. Ā 

Diggs knows there is no way the Bills trade or release him. Ā The cap hit would kill this team.

I absolutely hate how Diggs is handling it. Donā€™t do cryptic messages. If you want it to be on social media then come out and talk about it. I didnā€™t take Diggs for the cryptic message type. Thought he was a real one.Ā 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.