Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

Just now, maddenboy said:

Hall probably thinks:

If you put THAT guy over me for OC, i see how it is

In jacksonville, I get to Learn my ass off, from a SB winning head coach.  with a whole different system maybe.  And live in a warm tax free state. 

And leaving shows i am ambitious.  Which is a good, manly, testosterone, leader-of-men type of trait in this league.  So I'm showing it.

And in terms of staying under Dorsey, while dorsey sucks, I say 'why should Hall make his resume Worse?'  If youre gonna gtfo, now is the time.  And wtf would he have learned under Dorsey anyway, except how to suck?

In fairness, Hall could have learned everything to Not do, if Dorsey sucked.  But that cuts against improving his resume, or implying Hall has a genius 3D chess type reason.

Conspiracy Theory:

Did Diggs want his WR coach to be elevated to OC instead of Dorsey?

Which is why Hall ended up leaving?

Which is why Diggs is like "Dammit !!  I TOLD you."

And maybe Diggs favored Hall's offensive concepts which were WR-coach-centered, versus Dorsey (former QB) and a qb-centered offense

hmmmmm

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

With Pederson, Hall will never be OC.

You’re beating a dead horse. With Dorsey, Brady and Shula here Hall wasn’t going to get the position anyways. Hall has personal relationships with Pederson, Andy Reid, etc. His ultimate goal may be to move upwards with external promotions for other coaches he knows. None of us know exactly how he’s attempting to forward his career, but we can certainly gather that most coaching promotions partly stem from nepotism. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Now THAT could be. That he felt insulted by Dorsey’s promotion.

Or felt that Dorsey’s incompetence could lead to Hall’s downfall.

..or you could just listen to Hall and believe him. To each their own though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

You’re beating a dead horse. With Dorsey, Brady and Shula here Hall wasn’t going to get the position anyways. Hall has personal relationships with Pederson, Andy Reid, etc. His ultimate goal may be to move upwards with external promotions for other coaches he knows. None of us know exactly how he’s attempting to forward his career, but we can certainly gather that most coaching promotions partly stem from nepotism. 

Imagine if the Bills name Mike Shula OC. Ugh. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Because I watched some of their games. That is not a good team.

Good coach though.

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You never answered the question.

You believe the Bills offered Hall a new contract and he decided to leave for the Jags?

Jags have a reall easy argument for having a better wr crew than the Bills do.  Paired with an offensive coach who can perhaps help him learn a different style.  Perhaps he felt it was a better situation. 

I have no idea why someone choosing to live in florida over buffalo is that hard for you to believe.

Or maybe the Bills didn't like the progress their young receivers were making and moved in a different direction.

There are a million reasons it may have happened.

Why so negative? 

4 hours ago, jletha said:

I cant possibly understand what in the world Diggs could be protesting. He signed a new deal last year, hes on a top 3 offense with a top 3 QB.

Whats the angle here? He wants to be traded...to where? He wants more money...based on what?

Cut bait and sign Hopkins if this gets any uglier.

He’s not on the madden cover?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I love how some of you think Hall being on the same team as Pederson for 18 months over a decade ago means they have some great personal relationship lol.

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

..or you could just listen to Hall and believe him. To each their own though. 

You expect Hall to say “The Bills didn’t want me anymore so I went to Jacksonville”?

Would you do that, if it happened to you?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are incredibly insecure.  Geezus.

says the person who keeps responding to my posts 😂

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sounds like he’s returning to the facility. McDermott opened his big mouth and blew this up.

Huh? That seems extremely concerning to me. McDermott is right.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

This is Diggs, cut his ass or suspended him and sign replacement now.

We knew this was coming...he wants to play with his bro

Sure just cripple the salary cap because you don’t like his attitude. How very adult of you.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do have a pair that I got when I was 8.  I still have them but they're a little small.  Maybe if I was in San Francisco, it would be appropriate to wear.

San Fran ... you'd probably have to turn them into low-rise cut-offs.  

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

This is Diggs, cut his ass or suspended him and sign replacement now.

We knew this was coming...he wants to play with his bro

Why in the world would we want to cut his ass or suspend him?

He's the second most important person on the team.

Because he missed a day of minicamp?

I'd rather have his whiny little prima donna ass on the team!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

why today though?

the legal process moves slowly.

There are daily flights to/from Dallas

we do have video chat now

i mean, even if his brother got re-arrested last night, that's what lawyers are for

Even if today was super important for his brother, unless today was the first day of trial, And diggs tried to get the day off and the Bills said "no," And if Diggs was gonna attend his brother, why fly all the way to Buffalo for a half day? 

And why would JA feel the need to leak / tweet every hour if it were Diggs personal private family business.  I mean, we all know how those issues are handled in the press for an excused absence due to personal issues.  And those dont usually include flying all the way to the team facility for an hour, before going back home.

Where is Josh Allen "leaking" or "tweeting" at all, much less "every hour"???

BTW Darez Diggs, not Trevon.  LA, not Dallas.

However, after watching Josh Allen's presser, I think it is likely internal team issues having to do with rules or expectations, and not personal issues for Diggs or his brother.

Seems like a coaching question from Diggs.  Do they have the freedom they had post snap from Daboll to Dorsey?  Does Allen have veto power at the line to call what he want?  These are some deeper questions.  Based off Allen and Millers reactions vs Mcdermott’s, this feeling like Diggs has some offenseive questions.  Mcdermott is obviously frustrated because this is coming from a guy who hasnt been in the building since January.  I think giving Allen more control will be the compromise.  Takes Dorsey off the hook a bit and allows Diggs more freedom and input with Allen ultimately responsible.   

Edited by Mat68
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You expect Hall to say “The Bills didn’t want me anymore so I went to Jacksonville”?

Would you do that, if it happened to you?

says the person who keeps responding to my posts 😂

Subject says something that supports Einstein’s narrative:

”TOLD YA SO! HOMERS!”

Subject says something that disproves Einstein’s narrative:

”Obviously they’re lying/deflecting/obfuscating. You’d see that if you weren’t such a HOMER.”

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I love how some of you think Hall being on the same team as Pederson for 18 months over a decade ago means they have some great personal relationship lol.

Probably because it came from the horses mouth…

“Doug and I have always stayed in touch since 2010,” Hall said. “It’s almost like the same vibe. What he believes in, I believe in, I believe how he’s leading and his leadership is great. I’ve learned so much from him.” 

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/06/12/chad-hall-brings-enthusiasm-energy-to-jaguars-wide-receiver-room/70279989007/

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd argue that with Pederson, he has a much better chance of being an OC, since they wont have to lean on him to call plays. Or at least have Pederson there to help when needed.

With the Bills, our OC is pretty much on their own. Especially with McD double-dipping as HC and DC.

I’d argue that, too. Whereas in Buffalo, Hall would have to languish behind the sucky Dorsey and his 2nd ranked offense in points and yards. Which was accomplished with a QB who was injured half the season, btw. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Subject says something that supports Einstein’s narrative:

”TOLD YA SO! HOMERS!”

Subject says something that disproves Einstein’s narrative:

”Obviously they’re lying/deflecting/obfuscating. You’d see that if you weren’t such a HOMER.”

Just be honest with me.

Do you really expect any NFL coach to admit that the team didn’t want him anymore?

Did we not just see the Bills make an entire excuse up about Leslie Frazier taking a year off rather than firing him?

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Where is Josh Allen "leaking" or "tweeting" at all, much less "every hour"???

Pretty sure they're confused that they see tweets from other people quoting Allen and think it's him tweeting when it's all just stuff from the press conference. 

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Seems like a coaching question from Diggs.  Do they have the freedom they had post snap from Daboll to Dorsey?  Does Allen have veto power at the line to call what he want?  These are some deeper questions.  Based off Allen and Millers reactions vs Mcdermott’s this feelings like Diggs has some offenseive questions.  Mcdermott is obviously frustrated because this is coming from a guy who hasnt been in the building since January.  I think giving Allen more control will be the compromise.  Takes Dorsey off the hook a bit and allows Diggs more freedom and input with Allen ultimately responsible.   

Allen changes the play a lot, so I think the answer to that is absolutely.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Probably because it came from the horses mouth…

“Doug and I have always stayed in touch since 2010,” Hall said. “It’s almost like the same vibe. What he believes in, I believe in, I believe how he’s leading and his leadership is great. I’ve learned so much from him.” 

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/06/12/chad-hall-brings-enthusiasm-energy-to-jaguars-wide-receiver-room/70279989007/

Yeah. That’s all stuff you say when get kicked off a contender because they don’t want you anymore. 

When Frazier gets hired somewhere he will talk about the connection he had with the head coach at X team.

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t pushed out.

You could probably find that same quote for every fired coach ever.

They get fired and then go to a team where they knew the head coach X years ago.

Edited by Einstein
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Seems like a coaching question from Diggs.  Do they have the freedom they had post snap from Daboll to Dorsey?  Does Allen have veto power at the line to call what he want?  These are some deeper questions.  Based off Allen and Millers reactions vs Mcdermott’s, this feeling like Diggs has some offenseive questions.  Mcdermott is obviously frustrated because this is coming from a guy who hasnt been in the building since January.  I think giving Allen more control will be the compromise.  Takes Dorsey off the hook a bit and allows Diggs more freedom and input with Allen ultimately responsible.   

How on earth do you go from "not football related" to "coaching question"?

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Yeah. That’s all stuff you say when get kicked off a contender because they don’t want you anymore. 

When Frazier gets hired somewhere he will talk about the connected he had with the head coach at X team.

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t pushed out.

Please, for the rest of us….

Can you show us on the doll where McDermott hurt you?

• Haha (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.