Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

Wait and see mode for this.  Diggs could have left for a number of reasons.  I have no issues with most of his "antics" if you will (i.e. his sideline passion, cryptic tweets, etc.).  Would like for him to address why he wasn't in practice today, but honestly, if the dude shows up for real practices near preseason, I could care less.  The dude is hyper competitive and flies off the rails sometimes.  I can deal with that if he puts up the stats he does year over year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Hey my IQ has been tested too!

They said I scored a 90.... so no big deal but I'm an A student which is PRETTY GOOD if you ask me.  My mom tells me how proud she is of me when she is done wiping the tears from her eyes!

Hey that’s well above room temp which seems to be the average around here so I’d say you’re doing pretty good!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Sound the alarms?

So who to believe?  Sean McDermott two hours ago, or Diggs agent one hour ago?

Something not adding up just in Shefter's tweet. 

If Diggs has been in Buffalo since Monday am and has taken his physical and met with the coach and GM (per his agent), why is McDermott saying he's not at mandatory minicamp and he's "very concerned about Diggs' absence"?

Adisa Bakari seems to be very well regarded as an NFL agent - Beane referred to a player as having a "very good agent" and it was Bakari.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

IIRC, @HappyDays said something very similar shortly after the Bengals loss based on a contact he has on the team. (At least I think it was HappyDays, who is quite reliable.) He reported that the player told him that the beef between Allen and Diggs was real and that Allen was fed up with the tantrums. He had held his tongue for a long time, but he was sick of it by that point. (Correct me if I'm wrong, @HappyDays.)

This is correct. More specifically, the blow up was Diggs saying to Josh "what's your excuse now?" (I have actually heard the audio, it was picked up by whoever was wearing the mic'd up microphone for that game) because Josh missed a throw in the game that he had also missed in practice. Their relationship has frayed.

• Thank you (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

McDermott's comments make it fairly clear the team hasn't excused him.

yea, the comments came out relatively simultaneously to my post. Plus or minus a couple mins. 

still, minor, unless he’s made it clear to the team that there is a much bigger issue. Don’t like it but not losing sleep either.

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I feel like I am very reasonable. I call it like I see it. You never see me bashing players that show up and play well. I only bash players that play poorly or pull crap like Diggs is doing.

I answered your questions now answer mine - What with you and dismissing every negative thing and a Bills player or a coach?

When have I ever done that?   Will you show me?   

This need for you to be right and seem smart…it kinda works against you.  I’m not trying to be mean.  Just trying to help out. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"If you want to ignore me when the team needs me the most, then take a look at what your team really looks like without me"

He got 10 targets in the Bengals game. Maybe Allen would’ve given him more if had caught more than 4 of them.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

One point of pride in the Beane/McD era is the team mentality they've created.  

What bothers me the most about this is that on the first day of mini-camp, we are only talking about Diggs.  Diggs knows exactly the kind of attention his actions will draw and did so anyways.  If there is a personal situation happening here for Diggs, then I hope that gets addressed.  But if this is anything other than that, Diggs is being completely selfish and putting himself above the team.  Anything he wants to address with the team, he can do so and still not be a distraction.

Very childish and disappointing to me.

Agree 100%. That's why this issue is huge. It completely bucks what McD has built. 

Diggs as a captain and leader of the team absolutely has a rapport and respect of his teammates. 

Time will tell what transpires. Not a great look right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

All I can say, is let's all hope (or do whatever makes you comfortable i.e.pray) that Stef comes out of this healthy, happy and ready to move forward in life. He is just a kid....

There have been some posters who have proven to have some insight into OBD and you are the only one mentioning some health issues. 

Another issue I have with the Diggs/Health problems stuff is that the Bills and McD would not have let Diggs twist in the wind as "concerned" this long. They would have clarified by now that this is an excused absence and the trust Diggs and Josh to be on the same page, or at least some further clarification with something along the lines of "in the early offseason you want to get the foundation started early, so there is always some concern and urgency to start building. Josh and Stef are two of the best in the league. I am sure we will be moving the ball come September". 

You also mentioned that the Pegula jet will be going to a clinic. But Stef's agent said he would be in Buffalo for the duration of mini-camp. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Wait and see mode for this.  Diggs could have left for a number of reasons.  I have no issues with most of his "antics" if you will (i.e. his sideline passion, cryptic tweets, etc.).  Would like for him to address why he wasn't in practice today, but honestly, if the dude shows up for real practices near preseason, I could care less.  The dude is hyper competitive and flies off the rails sometimes.  I can deal with that if he puts up the stats he does year over year.

He's a wide receiver......... Nuf said😎

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No he doesn’t and I don’t think he wants out - where is he going to go and btw thanks for tanking your trade value - it’s not happening 

This…..I can’t disagree at all fans still have their head in the sand on how damaging 13 seconds was.  

Imo Diggs doesn’t trust the coaches anymore.

How he’s dealing with that in the locker room I have no idea.

Or trust the GM. Allen and Diggs have been carrying this team. What other moves have helped since the 13 loss? We drafted Cook and Shakir and both had limited to no impact. We drafted no OL, signed Saffold and rolled with S Brown. We signed Crowder at WR. Then when needy for help didnt make any moves at the trade deadline except trading for Hines, signing Brown and Beasley. None of these moves helped this team. Now he is supposed to trust the same approach this offseason? Diggs does not want to hit repeat. We have a ton of depth and mid-level talent. We needed a couple high end names and replace the mid tier with some rookies. We dont need $3M+ special teamers. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.