Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

10 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

If I'm purely speculating between what coach said, what the posters here with "inside info" said... maybe this lines up:

Diggs tells agent and trainer he's reporting to camp and plans to practice.

Diggs reports to buffalo/camp

They havent spoke about the end of season antics since January.

Diggs is still frustrated but planned to talk it out/practice

Coach and Beane discuss removing his C

Diggs is mad and leaves before practice, throwing everyone including his agent/trainer off

He shows up in a few days or never....

There is no need for Coach and Beane to discuss removing his "C".

Captaincy is voted on year by year, at the end of training camp/preseason - by the players.

However, it is a possibility that Beane and Coach laid down some law and Diggs said "***** that noise" and left, leaving his agent and trainer "looking like a fool with their pants on the ground"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This reads like such a Diggs tweet. Says so much but also absolutely nothing.  

There has been some speculation that maybe he has some health issues. I hope that isn't the case for his sake. What bad timing for a bunch of reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KCNC said:

This is bad from every angle.  McD saying he is very concerned means he knows there is not a "good" reason Diggs is not there.

Bad optics.  So much for togetherness.

Wish McD kept this more brief in his presser. Leave the concern in house, dont air it

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes, its unreasonable.  He signed a handsome contract to play for the Bills.   He needs to show up and do his job.

Can we stop all the talk about what a great leader the guy is. 

I never called the guy a great leader. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is correct. More specifically, the blow up was Diggs saying to Josh "what's your excuse now?" (I have actually heard the audio, it was picked up by whoever was wearing the mic'd up microphone for that game) because Josh missed a throw in the game that he had also missed in practice. Their relationship has frayed.

This is 100% what happened, you are completely sure of it

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is 100% what happened, you are completely sure of it

I have to say, that although I have no actual idea if it's true, it does seem likely. Diggs was clearly fed up with Allen at the end of the season.

Mind you, as many have said before, this is still utterly bizarre.

Edited by Simstim
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Stef is months away from being 30 years old.

That is a grown man.

Lol, It’s called sarcasm Einstein, 

Since this season is a bit of a re-set anyway, I’d be very interested to know what Diggs could fetch in a trade. I also wonder what impact Hopkins would have on negotiations. Between the cute photo of Diggs watching the Chiefs celebration from afar followed by “13 seconds” and last year’s playoff debacle, it seems the Billsy aura is weighing heavy on him.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Lol, It’s called sarcasm Einstein, 

you'd think a self proclaimed genius would of figured it out

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So who to believe?  Sean McDermott two hours ago, or Diggs agent one hour ago?

Something not adding up just in Shefter's tweet. 

If Diggs has been in Buffalo since Monday am and has taken his physical and met with the coach and GM (per his agent), why is McDermott saying he's not at mandatory minicamp and he's "very concerned about Diggs' absence"?

Adisa Bakari seems to be very well regarded as an NFL agent - Beane referred to a player as having a "very good agent" and it was Bakari.

The answer is probably in the two days of meetings Diggs had with McBeane. Unsure if that is standard. Interesting that Dorsey wasn't named. Also unsure if coming in two days early is normal. 

Josh is very positive and talking about how much he loves Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.