Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, Process said:

It definitely sounds like a strained relationship with Josh. Josh mentions its not football related, issues with "teamwork" but that "he (Josh) has to be better." Maybe suggesting Diggs has an issue with him, either his play or maybe Josh's personal issues last season which stef may feel got in the way. 

Regardless of the issue, I can't imagine a situation where stef missing camp four months after the season ended is justified. He's a diva and drama queen and it's annoying. 

I think you are on the right path.

I believe its Josh not vocalizing to Dorsey or QB Coach or WR Coach etc in support of what Stef wants to say about the offense.  

I don't see Stef getting upset if game plans are working and the Bills are winning even if he doesn't get the ball.

But when CB's/Safeties say the offense was predictable (IE Vikings Peterson saying that) , and Stef telling Josh like yo, we need to change ***** up and Josh just following what the OC is saying, I can see the frustration.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

diggs is doing this as a last-resort thing imo.

hes grabbing the headlines on purpose. he wants the org to know to give their best player the damn ball when its crunch time.

and hes not wrong in thinking that, hes the best player on the offense outside of josh, its criminal how daboll or dorsey havent been able to scheme him open in the playoffs.

Clearly you can only be a laywer in a kangaroo court.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

diggs is doing this as a last-resort thing imo.

hes grabbing the headlines on purpose. he wants the org to know to give their best player the damn ball when its crunch time.

and hes not wrong in thinking that, hes the best player on the offense outside of josh, its criminal how daboll or dorsey havent been able to scheme him open in the playoffs.

Could be the case 

I'm going with the Darez Diggs legal trouble issues. I beleive the Diggs family is close and looks like Darez just got himself into some bigtime legal trouble

Edited by ddaryl
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Virgil said:

One point of pride in the Beane/McD era is the team mentality they've created.  

What bothers me the most about this is that on the first day of mini-camp, we are only talking about Diggs.  Diggs knows exactly the kind of attention his actions will draw and did so anyways.  If there is a personal situation happening here for Diggs, then I hope that gets addressed.  But if this is anything other than that, Diggs is being completely selfish and putting himself above the team.  Anything he wants to address with the team, he can do so and still not be a distraction.

Very childish and disappointing to me.

I don't buy the "he has personal business to attend to and couldn't practice" angle because he actually showed up over there this morning!  So he had time to go in the morning, but not enough time to finish the day?  That doesn't make any sense.  Further, anyone with REAL emergency stuff going on behind the scenes would deal with it accordingly, b/c they would know they HAVE to be at minicamp on Tuesday.

YOu'd turn your attention to the problem the moment you leave the practice facility.

21 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

BINGO

so much coke he sh*t his pants

Is this what were hinting at? a dirty piss test for coke or recreational whatever?

is that an automatic suspension in current CBA? or is first time a warning and extra piss tests?

(not saying i think or know its that, just looking at hypothetical)

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He has the fifth most targets in the NFL

Like many aspects of the Dorsey offense, the aggregate statistics appear to gloss over the situational shortcomings of the play calling/ execution. 

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It’s a million billion percent Dorsey 

You are likely correct, but I have little patience for it. 

The dude was about 2 targets per game. Not catches, just two passes thrown in his general direction, from being the 10th most targeted receiver in league history. 

A WR that close to history whining 6-7 months later about total targets is absolutely insane to me. At scale there are no more realistic number of targets for him. It is just crazy

Edited by Mango
  • Agree 2

Just now, CaliBills said:

I think you are on the right path.

I believe its Josh not vocalizing to Dorsey or QB Coach or WR Coach etc in support of what Stef wants to say about the offense.  

I don't see Stef getting upset if game plans are working and the Bills are winning even if he doesn't get the ball.

But when CB's/Safeties say the offense was predictable (IE Vikings Peterson saying that) , and Stef telling Josh like yo, we need to change ***** up and Josh just following what the OC is saying, I can see the frustration.

Good chance that this is the case imo.  

I also think it’s one of the the best case scenarios.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I still believe it’s possible it’s about Chad Hall. Listen to the interviews when Diggs talks about Hall. He even says if Hall isn’t here I don’t know what I’ll do.

Didn't Hall choose to leave?

Diggs - What are we gonna do to get better?

McBeane - You just wait and see. Major moves coming Stef. 

McBeane - What did I tell you. Have you seen Sherfield and Harty. I love these guys.

Diggs - Huh? For the practice squad? 

McBeane - Just wait until the draft.

McBeane - Hell yeah. Kincaid. Game changer.

Diggs - Kincaid, Sherfield, Harty. Are you serious? I am going to be triple covered. 

McBeane - Great right? Will open things up for other guys. 

Diggs - Huh? I hear DHop is still available. He can really open things up for everyone.

McBeane - We looked into it. Kenny doesnt think its a good fit for what we wanna do and will only take away targets from Harty and Sherfield. 

Diggs - I am staying home. Let me know how those practices go...

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

Like many aspects of the Dorsey offense, the aggregates statistics appear to gloss over the situational shortcomings of the play calling/ execution. 

you mean like second in the league in yards per game and second in the league in points per game

those aggregate statistics

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

I'm going with the Darez Diggs legal trouble issues. I beleive the Diggs family is close and looks like Darez just got himself into some bigtime legal trouble

Yes, Details posted before but hard when in F5 land to see.

https://clutchpoints.com/stefon-trevon-diggs-brother-involved-in-shocking-elevator-attack

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

I kind of wish McD had kept it closer to the vest on this one.  It's the "very concerned" comment that really gave this one legs nationally...

He was responding to a direct question of "How concerned are you about that?" (follow-up to "Stef is not here") - I feel like people were going run with something regardless, given the situation.  If he said "Not concerned at all" then people would be screaming 'How can the coach be so out of touch with what is clearly an issue', if he said "No comment" then it just opens it up to wild speculation regardless

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.