NFL Network projects Bills at 9-8?!

BobbyC81

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

Back then, there was also another pretty good possession receiver named Fred Belitnikoff.  He was my favorite before Chandler was drafted by the Bills.

Fred is from Erie and a HOF famous for his overuse of stickem on every part of his uniform but i do not remember him for sideline toe taps as part of his game.  Maybe I missed it.

I remember once, many years ago, reading an article about an upcoming season that included projections for every team.   Of course, at first, all I cared about was the Bills and the author had an optimistic take on the upcoming season which I was glad to learn. 

But then I noticed, the expert was pretty optimistic about a lot of teams.  So, I did the math.  He had the NFL collectively going .622 or something like that.  Somehow, NFL teams were going to win more games that season than they lost.  

That was the moment I first realized that NFL media gurus don't actually know what they're talking about.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

This Jets lovefest really does feel like Denver 2.0, right down to talking heads acting like it's a guarantee that they'll be in the thick of it despite the fact that they haven't won a playoff game since 2010. Bills got them beat from personnel to experience. 

Just wait until some relatively homely but artistic actress accuses Rodgers of something in like Week 6 while he's playing under the biggest lights of the world, all while being old and having not really cared since his 2020 ayahuasca trip. Should be fun! This has just as much of a chance of being a Russell Wilson to the Donkeys level failure as it does being a Super Bowl winning success. I'd feel too stupid to guarantee the latter after recent history.

Think for a second about what the Bills accomplished last regular season against a tough schedule and despite a bunch of very impactful and serious injuries (Von, Tre, Micah, Poyer (at times), Josh's throwing arm, etc).  We all agree that the roster is improved over last year.  Outside of a major season ending type of injury to Josh, what makes anyone believe that this team will be 3-4 games worse this season?

On 6/11/2023 at 5:53 AM, BobbyC81 said:

The NFL Network projected 2023 records for all NFL teams and they had the Bills at 9-8?!

What are they smoking?!

They have the Jets winning the AFC East with a 13-4 record.

totally agree with NFL networks prediction of the Bills 9-8 record.

If they can beat the Jets at MetLife, then the Bills have a great chance to get off to a fantastic start. After the Jets game the Bills will be favored and should win every game before a really tough one on Nov 5th at Cincinnati. The Dolphins will be tough but that one is at home so the Bills will be favored. I know the Bills lose games to teams they should beat as they do that every year. But if they start 1-0, they will be favored in every game until the Bengals game. Most of the teams during this stretch really aren't anything special.

at Jets

Raiders

at Commanders

Dolphins

Giants

at Patriots

Bucs

at Bengals on Nov 5th

On 6/11/2023 at 7:11 AM, BillsfaninChicago said:

Unless Aaron Rodgers is allowed to play with a time machine that is not happening. 

I agree. I don’t think he makes it through the season.   Also what happens when he starts throwing people under the bus if they do start 3-5?   

Let the games begin in Jersey

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

I agree. I don’t think he makes it through the season.   Also what happens when he starts throwing people under the bus if they do start 3-5?   

Let the games begin in Jersey

Exactly. He wore out his welcome with the Green Bay press. Good luck with the New York media. 

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

9-8 is possible.  I'd say at the lower side of within a standard deviation, and not unreasonable.   I'd say the same with the jets at 13-4 but on the high end.  

It'll be a tough season

Possible, but highly improbable. I think probable is what predictions strive for. There's an obvious bias in this one.

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

9-8 is possible.  I'd say at the lower side of within a standard deviation, and not unreasonable.   I'd say the same with the jets at 13-4 but on the high end.  

It'll be a tough season

Last season was one of the toughest I've ever seen a team endure.

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

Last season was one of the toughest I've ever seen a team endure.

Yeah.  As the post below you says too.  They looked sluggish down the stretch.  Recency bias has everyone tampering expectations.

Out of the gate, the Bills looked like an historically good team who could join the 85 Bears, 84 49ers, 98 Broncos, etc as a team that is greater than an average Superbowl champion.  

Injuries set in like a plague, especially on defense.  Then the scheduling issues and weather took over.  Then a player had to be resuscitated on the field in the middle of a game.  

Also factor in there may or may not have been a lingering injury to Allen's throwing arm.

Yeah, very tough road.... 

But what if the beginning of the season is closer to what we have here... and now we have added some pieces?  It could really catch everyone by storm.

21 hours ago, benderbender said:

raw

My favorite is from the pc game Empire Earth. You start off in the prehistoric age with a wooden masked prophet. But when you level up your society to modern times, your prophet becomes a naked sandwich board wearing guy like this:

Lol+this+reminds+me+of+empire+earth+stil

Blast from the past! It wasn't Age of Empires, but it was a good one.

On 6/11/2023 at 6:16 AM, Doc Brown said:

It's just one guy named Adam Rank.  He's harmless. Last year he had the Broncos going 12-5 and the Chiefs missing the playoffs.  He bought that narrative so why not buy the narrative that the Jets are the new Broncos and the Bills are the new Chiefs this year.

while I agree with what you said…

denver has 10 loses with a one score 4Q deficit and 3 in OT  They win half of those games they have 10 wins which puts them in the playoffs.

34 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

while I agree with what you said…

denver has 10 loses with a one score 4Q deficit and 3 in OT  They win half of those games they have 10 wins which puts them in the playoffs.

Even if that happened he still had the Chiefs missing the playoffs which was a popular prediction if you wanted to be a contrarian last off-season.  He doesn't have enough clout to have a six page thread over his season predictions.

Bills have been regular season kings for years now. They've been under .560 win percentage just once since 2017. Why would anybody try to rationalize an opinion that says we will suddenly break that trend? I'm not worried about us making hay from September to New Years. It's what happens after that I have questions about.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Bills have been regular season kings for years now. They've been under .560 win percentage just once since 2017. Why would anybody try to rationalize an opinion that says we will suddenly break that trend? I'm not worried about us making hay from September to New Years. It's what happens after that I have questions about.

Because the Jets and Dolphins got much better. Road games at KC, CIN, PHIL make the schedule much tougher. To me 10-7 is the floor with 12-5 being the ceiling assuming injuries don't play a major role.

• Agree 1

On 6/11/2023 at 7:48 AM, nucci said:

you're listening to random people make predictions. Why?

I seem to recall everyone here paying close attention to the same "random people" when they had us as the best team in the league and the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Funny how that works.

On 6/12/2023 at 5:16 PM, WideNine said:

As long as we are healthy and the team is peaking and playing their best ball down the stretch... 

...just like last year, huh?

On 6/12/2023 at 11:27 PM, ScottLaw said:

This is ridiculously overblown. It’s a tired excuse for a poor end to the season. 

I love when fans include the shooting on the East Side as part of why it was a grueling season for the team...

:lol:

Watched his rankings.  Amateur hour.  You can tell what teams he favors this season.  If you ever watch his performance on NFL Fantasy you know he is entertaining but often wrong.  He has the Bills losing in almost every tough game.  The man has not paid attention to improvements made.  He even said Aaron Rodgers will have his best year of his career.  This is against 3 AFC East teams with solid defenses.  I chalk it up to wishful thinking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.