What are your plans for draft night?

BillsPride12

I'll just be watching at home, will probably order some pizza and wings.  Used to have a big crew that would go out and make a night out of the draft but that slowly dwindled out over the years.  Anybody doing anything fun for draft night?  For the record staying home and watching on your couch with some pizza and wings and maybe a couple pops counts as fun! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

We have access the owners room at a local bar.  Usually around 7-12 of us.  It’s basically a man cave that overlooks the bar.  5 big TVs- humidor- balcony to smoke some fatties -  sweet set up.  I’m usually the only Bills fan. 

Located in Vegas, the bar will be packed as the golden knights play Thursday night. Bummer…. I hate the knights.

Edited by NewEra
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Dislike 1

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I’ll be checking this board at 4am because there’s no way I’ll be awake when the Bills pick

The 27th pick the last few years have been in the 11-11:30pm area. That’s a bit rough for some people with early mornings. 

I will stay up and watch live, then immediately come here to find out who the heck that guy we just drafted is. Along with that comes the usual moaning and groaning, from the usual suspects. No special food or drink, too late for company, just a fun night watching and waiting. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

We have access the owners room at a local bar.  Usually around 7-12 of us.  It’s basically a man cave that overlooks the bar.  5 big TVs- humidor- balcony to smoke some fatties -  sweet set up.  I’m usually the only Bills fan. 

I’m sorry to hear that you don’t have a better class of friends, but maybe you could do some missionary work and convert them. We have room on the bandwagon! 😋

Sounds like a sweet set up, indeed. You have a bit of a time advantage on some of us EST viewers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I’m sorry to hear that you don’t have a better class of friends, but maybe you could do some missionary work and convert them. We have room on the bandwagon! 😋

Sounds like a sweet set up, indeed. You have a bit of a time advantage on some of us EST viewers. 

Lol.  Most of my buddies go to our bills bar- but this is the only day of the year I see most of these dudes, so I make it a point to catch up with them.  Niners, Vikings, raiders, Pats, Texans, Eagles, NYG, falcons, chargers and Washington fans represented.  

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What’s a draft?

@Virgil 🙋‍♂️ The Draft are a punk band, from Florida, formed from the ashes of Hot Water Music, and featuring ex-members Jason Black, George Rebelo, and Chris Wollard. You can listen to their appropriately named--given your inquiry--track, "We'll Never Know", at the link, below:

https://noidearecords.bandcamp.com/track/well-never-know

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'll just be watching at home, will probably order some pizza and wings.  Used to have a big crew that would go out and make a night out of the draft but that slowly dwindled out over the years.  Anybody doing anything fun for draft night?  For the record staying home and watching on your couch with some pizza and wings and maybe a couple pops counts as fun! 

Probably sitting at home texting with friends and posting on football boards. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I do the same, usually invite some old HS teammates who are still close. We sit around, talk trash, and reminisce about whatever we can actually remember from the era of “bite the ball.”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Located in Vegas, the bar will be packed as the golden knights play Thursday night. Bummer…. I hate the knights.

Sounds like a good "knight"

It's good to be the King though! 👑 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Sounds like a good "knight"

It's good to be the King though! 👑 

25 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

@Virgil 🙋‍♂️ The Draft are a punk band, from Florida, formed from the ashes of Hot Water Music, and featuring ex-members Jason Black, George Rebelo, and Chris Wollard. You can listen to their appropriately named--given your inquiry--track, "We'll Never Know", at the link, below:

https://noidearecords.bandcamp.com/track/well-never-know

And here I thought it was a cold beer on a hot summer day.  🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think it’s an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era.

Were you drafted, or did you enlist? 

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I will be at the NFL Draft!

Seriously? Is it in KC this year? Good for you!

I never had a hankering to go to it in NYC, but that draft in Nashville was AWESOME on TV. I know the town pretty well, and it’s a great place for a thing like that. Some are, some not so much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Won’t sidetrack the thread just gonna say, love or hate the Leafs if they continue to win it brings good theatre to the Playoffs 

Copy. I'll be probably having a few things that are cracker worthy... cajun fish dip, cheese/ham, some dip she makes with spinach.. it's pretty good. Like to keep it simple... 

• Like (+1) 1

all the research and prognosticating will come to an end. I like to call the NFL draft my annual Bills 3 day holiday. I don't get involved in the pre draft talk because evaluating players is not my cuppa tea. Oh But am I ever a Fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Don't call me.....Don't ask me to cook or clean. It is my own personal 3 day kitchen pass. 

So I will be here at home with my laptop, my big screen TV. Draft coverage being taped off of DVR to view Bills draft picks media  reactions and commentary

Unlike most football game days when I make wings or beef on weck style sandwiches on Thursday Im going to go for more of a small plates concept. Charcuterie board type stuff. 

i'll be wearing full Bills swag including jersey, earrings and  Living my Best Life. Hope springs eternal. Bills Christmas in April

PLEASE Brandon Beane and company pretty please choose wisely and SLAY this draft. We are sooooo close. 

OL, TE, WR, RB? I say Linebacker will be chosen at some point too. And then what holes to fill in free agency

GO BILLS

Im getting excited. I better slow my roll it's only Tuesday 🙂

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.