Belichick in Buffalo? Freeeeee clickbait!

MattM

• Simon changed the title to Belichick in Buffalo? Freeeeee clickbait!

It would be an interesting experiment. He’s the best to ever do it. 

Although, imagine freaking out about McDermott not making adjustments and then hiring Belichick who literally went 2 full games without forcing the Bills to punt. 

4 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Why, so Allen could carry his water here like Brady did in N.E.?  

He'd want to run our drafts too.  LOL  

Florio's bored.  

If by Allen carrying his water means six future Super Bowl championships I'm in.  Wait, I just imagined Belichick with a Bills hat on and nearly vomited.  Never mind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MattM said:

Some clickbait from Florio. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little even contemplating this....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/30/if-bill-belichick-and-patriots-part-ways-after-2023-what-happens-next-for-belichick/

From the article:

"Then there are the Bills. They have quarterback Josh Allen. They have underachieved in recent years. Could the Bills empty out the organization and turn everything over to Belichick?

It’s hard to imagine someone not wanting Belichick. But there’s a different aura around him now than there was five years ago.

First, he’d have to want to keep going. If he does, he’d surely get a chance. And with the right roster, there’s a chance he could be the first coach to win a Super Bowl with two different teams."

Talk about a deal with the devil....

I would rather have a proctology exam done on National TV with a doctor whose hands are the size of catchers mitts that have been sitting in ice water for hours.

I'd rather do that than see Belicheck as our HC...

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Does Florio sniff glue? I'm asking seriously.

the movie drinking GIF

I'll say this , if we don't see an improvement this season with McDermott at the helm I would entertain it

I didn't read the article and I don't think it will ever come to fruition IMO

Edited by ddaryl

The irony to this is, both coaches have been criticized for not getting results until a franchise QB "fell into their laps." 

Of course, Belichick had been a member of 2 SB winning teams prior to becoming a HC.  McCoach was a part of team with a SB appearance.

Will likely never happen, but McD is still trying to jam that square peg into the round hole.  Belichick has adapted his football vision as the game changed in the early 2000s from a balance between offense and defense to one where offense is primary. 

McD is not getting enough out of Josh and it's less on the QB than the HC by this point.  That would not be the case with BB. 

Edited by BillsVet

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If he's willing to join us as DC and assist HC.....  I'm in.  

If by some miracle Bill did come here, then...

1. Terry would have to open up the checkbook bigtime.

2. Bill would run the entire show including being Beane's boss. He is a much better HC/DC then McDermott anyway so no way he would take orders from someone whose defense can't protect a 3-point lead with just 13 seconds and the other team starting at their own 25.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If by some miracle Bill did come here, then...

1. Terry would have to open up the checkbook bigtime.

2. Bill would run the entire show including being Beane's boss. He is a much better HC/DC then McDermott anyway so no way he would take orders from someone whose defense can't protect a 3-point lead with just 13 seconds and the other team starting at their own 25.

would he be in charge of a defense that gave up 47 points and forced 0 punts in a playoff game?

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

would he be in charge of a defense that gave up 47 points and forced 0 punts in a playoff game?

Everybody has bad games or seasons. Shula, Landry, Lombardi as nobody can avoid tough times. Look at Bill's overall record as a HC/DC and then look at McDermott's. I would take Bill over Sean as the Bills HC 24-7-365.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Everybody has bad games or seasons. Shula, Landry, Lombardi as nobody can avoid tough times. Look at Bill's overall record as a HC/DC and then look at McDermott's. I would take Bill over Sean as the Bills HC 24-7-365.

So, all the time?

I know that a lot of Florio’s articles are considered clickbait, but I don’t think that’s fair because he’s not passing off his opinion as fact. He’s just making up scenarios he could potentially see happen. Not ones that necessarily will happen. I really enjoy his writing. It’s much different than anything else you see from reporters. He was a lawyer and he brings a perspective that you don’t see elsewhere and he’s not afraid to consider unpopular situations.

That being said, I don’t ever think Belichick will be here. BUT, I do think McDermott is on thinner ice than most people realize. It’s typically a last resort for a coach to fire his coordinator and take over the play calling themselves. 

14 hours ago, MattM said:

Some clickbait from Florio. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little even contemplating this....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/30/if-bill-belichick-and-patriots-part-ways-after-2023-what-happens-next-for-belichick/

From the article:

"Then there are the Bills. They have quarterback Josh Allen. They have underachieved in recent years. Could the Bills empty out the organization and turn everything over to Belichick?

It’s hard to imagine someone not wanting Belichick. But there’s a different aura around him now than there was five years ago.

First, he’d have to want to keep going. If he does, he’d surely get a chance. And with the right roster, there’s a chance he could be the first coach to win a Super Bowl with two different teams."

Talk about a deal with the devil....

So you realize it’s clickbait, call it such, and then decide to link and signal boost it here anyways.

Gee, I wonder why Florio keeps doing it…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.