Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

McGovern is only a 4M cap hit this year.  Matakevich is 1.6M.  Not sure about Martin.  Cam and Ike likely don't affect the cap much once we get to the top 51.  

With those numbers, assuming $2M for Martin, and no Cam, it puts the Bills at $16.9M cap space. 

Not sure how they squeeze much more than vet minimums at LB, S, WR, Backup QB, possibly RB with that much space, unless pulling the Dawkins/Diggs/Tre White restructures, McKenzie release, D.Jones extension. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

HENCE THE +/- $3M. 

And yes, I know Over the Cap exists, as does Spotrac. 

Regardless, I guess the point I was trying to make is what other levers do the Bills have? Cutting McKenzie would be $2.6M saved, Bills could restructure Dawkins and Diggs for $6M apiece, and trading Oliver $10.2M (assuming all that money is put on the next team because it's a guaranteed 5th year option), extending DaQuan Jones could drop you a couple million. 

I don't think I'm touching Dawkins or Diggs, but if I'm Beane I am absolutely doing the following:

-Extend Daquan Jones. Good player.  We have no DT's under contract for next year. 

-Trade Ed Oliver.  Good player.  Not worth 10M to us next year and we're not paying him if he blows up.  

-Cut McKenzie.  We comitted to Hines.  His role should be KR/PR/RB3/Gadget.. he takes over the McKenzie role in the offense. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I liked him as a sleeper here. He has made some clutch plays for Dallas.

I like what the Texans are doing. As long as they don’t go all stupid and trade Tunsil, it is starting to shape up as a good place for a young QB and I really like the Ryans hire. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So after Friday, he's owed 2 yrs/ 18.5M, all not gauranteed

YR1: 6.6

YR2: 11.8

He's a really good candidate to get for a mid round pick and possibly give him an additional year and guarantee some yr1 money. 6.6 is also not that much to restructure and give him some void years.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

HENCE THE +/- $3M. 

And yes, I know Over the Cap exists, as does Spotrac. 

Regardless, I guess the point I was trying to make is what other levers do the Bills have? Cutting McKenzie would be $2.6M saved, Bills could restructure Dawkins and Diggs for $6M apiece, and trading Oliver $10.2M (assuming all that money is put on the next team because it's a guaranteed 5th year option), extending DaQuan Jones could drop you a couple million.

My understanding is that you are correct. All of Oliver's money is base salary. The team trading for a player picks up all of the base salary.

2 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

So after Friday, he's owed 2 yrs/ 18.5M, all not gauranteed

YR1: 6.6

YR2: 11.8

He's a really good candidate to get for a mid round pick and possibly give him an additional year and guarantee some yr1 money. 6.6 is also not that much to restructure and give him some void years.

I'd love some Hunter Renfrow

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't think I'm touching Dawkins or Diggs, but if I'm Beane I am absolutely doing the following:

-Extend Daquan Jones. Good player.  We have no DT's under contract for next year. 

-Trade Ed Oliver.  Good player.  Not worth 10M to us next year and we're not paying him if he blows up.  

-Cut McKenzie.  We comitted to Hines.  His role should be KR/PR/RB3/Gadget.. he takes over the McKenzie role in the offense. 

At this point ditching Oliver is almost a necessity if Beane doesn't kick any more money down the road. 

Unless you're going vet minimum everywhere else. 

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I liked him as a sleeper here. He has made some clutch plays for Dallas.

I like what the Texans are doing. As long as they don’t go all stupid and trade Tunsil, it is starting to shape up as a good place for a young QB and I really like the Ryans hire. 

Looks like they came to their senses 

You next Buffalo Bill just watch

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/all-53-s-myles-hartsfield-profile-stat-projections-expected-role

Edited by MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

At this point ditching Oliver is almost a necessity if Beane doesn't kick any more money down the road. 

Unless you're going vet minimum everywhere else. 

Beane does like to fill nearly half the roster with 1-year vet minimums. As for Oliver, who's replacing him as starter?

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I like that.  I would be fine extending Dawkins if we need the money.  I would not touch Diggs contract under any circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Through a spiritual medium the Jets have contacted the ghosts of Paul Hornung and Max McGee...signings are imminent.  Will be paid in Meadcoin which can be used for purchases in the afterlife.  Rodgers said to be very impressed with the Jets effort here.

Edited by JoeF
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Beane does like to fill nearly half the roster with 1-year vet minimums. As for Oliver, who's replacing him as starter?

D'Quan or nobody.  He is a non impact, undersized, rotational player and we have plenty of players in that rotation.

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Maybe it's that he's asking for to much money and term and is old

...and really beaten to hell....God bless him.  Love him.  When I think about Jordan now, i think about this scene from Moneyball..

Edited by JoeF

Just now, JoeF said:

...and really beaten to hell....God bless him.  Love him.

Yea... Poyer was a good soldier last year and got beat up/played through injury, but it took it's toll just as he starts showing his age.  

On the flipside, Buffalo helped make him who he is, and paid him more than he likely ever makes if he doesn't land in McDermott's Defense next to Micah Hyde.  

It was a win/win for both sides, but it's time to move on, and I'm sure he's frustrated that last year's tape is surely being used against him in negotiations. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.