Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Just now, gobills404 said:

Trading draft capital for a franchise tagged RB is just about the worst possible thing Beane could do

Yeah but if we're talking acquiring another RB, I would take Jacobs over Cook or Eckler in a second. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Whoaoa, Isn't that leaving it a bit late? 

Matsko has an OL coaching pedigree reaching back to the St Louis Rams in the days of the "Greatest Show on Turf" and their SB win (1999-2005)/strong offense - 4 out of 6 years #1 or #2 offense.  Definitely a WCO based on the timing of the QB footwork and the routes matching up, correct reads and accurate throws, although Martz did demand extended protection of the OL for a vertical passing game.

Then after a bit of moving around, he stuck with Rivera and the Panthers from 2011-2019, basically Newton's entire tenure as starter (during which they had 4 playoff appearances and a Superbowl loss, and I never thought Newton had a good OL).  Then he moved to Washington with Rivera.

Wonder what happened there?  Did he finally tell them they were asking him to make chicken ***** into fried chicken on the OL?

7 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Don’t forget that Josh McDaniels ran Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler out of town in Denver. Waller may be shot but maybe getting away from McDaniel will make him feel better

McDaniels is such a joke. The Raiders deserve what's coming to them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

All aboard the Renfrow train! Insane separator and route runner. Would give JA17 a Beasley-ish safety blanket back.

Also, MIA is imho having a good start to their offseason. When Mike White isn't physically broken in half from Milano, he is a solid accurate QB. The RBs they re-signed are both solid as well. Their defense is much improved. They will again be a tough team to beat.

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Interesting move by the Giants, Waller is just always hurt and I thought Daniel Bellinger looked decent in his rookie year too. Waller is an absolute weapon when healthy though. 

But took always hurt malontent Toney and essentially flipped it for a non guaranteed TE with term 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

McDaniels is such a joke. The Raiders deserve what's coming to them.

Isn't this the same crap he pulled in Denver? How's the saying go? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice......

BNG-L-RAIDERS-0101-10.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Whoaoa, Isn't that leaving it a bit late? 

Matsko has an OL coaching pedigree reaching back to the St Louis Rams in the days of the "Greatest Show on Turf" and their SB win (1999-2005)/strong offense - 4 out of 6 years #1 or #2 offense.  Definitely a WCO based on the timing of the QB footwork and the routes matching up, correct reads and accurate throws, although Martz did demand extended protection of the OL for a vertical passing game.

Then after a bit of moving around, he stuck with Rivera and the Panthers from 2011-2019, basically Newton's entire tenure as starter (during which they had 4 playoff appearances and a Superbowl loss, and I never thought Newton had a good OL).  Then he moved to Washington with Rivera.

Wonder what happened there?  Did he finally tell them they were asking him to make chicken ***** into fried chicken on the OL?

Maybe he wasn’t excited about Nick Gates and Andrew Wylie

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But took always hurt malontent Toney and essentially flipped it for a non guaranteed TE with term 

I thought Harris would be a target of ours. Interested to see what he gets. I do think the whole Poyer thing is going to depend on what happens with Gardner-Johnson. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Raiders and Jets in competition for the laughing stock of the day award

I wouldn't call the Raiders trading Waller a "laughingstock" move. He's injury prone, he's on the wrong side of 30, he plays a non-premium position. The Raiders are basically starting over. They need assets to rebuild for the future, plus this draft has a very good TE class. The Giants on the other hand badly need pass catchers. Good deal for both sides IMO.

40 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It's a slam-dunk trade for the Giants. Well done. 

I believe it’s worth the risk but fans over look age and injuries way too much. He’s 30 and has missed 14 games the last 2 years. 

also, I know Jones had a breakout year throwing a whopping 15 tds. But he had a 1st round TE in Engram who just had his best season of his career not playing with Jones and his second best season was also not with Jones. 

Good risk but hardly a slam dunk. I’m not sold on Jones in the slightest.

15 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

So it's super quiet does that mean something big is coming? 

I think we will probably wait for the dust to settle and sign some discount free agents at safety, receiver, and linebacker. Even after the restructures, we only have ~$15 Million in cap and still have a rookie class to sign.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think we will probably wait for the dust to settle and sign some discount free agents at safety, receiver, and linebacker. Even after the restructures, we only have ~$15 Million in cap and still have a rookie class to sign.

Can still extend Jones, Taron, Hyde, Restructure Tre and/orDiggs if needed, cut Mckenzie which saves just under 3 mil

Still lots of levers to pull if needed, but yes I do think they will wait until the dust settles a bit to your point.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Dude has already traded every pick the next 3 years like 10 times…

Every player that becomes available he proposes a trade 

I will say trades are awesome. Love to be a GM.

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

Eagles just landed Rashad Penny, they should run not walk to add Miles Sanders

Penny is made out the stuff Watkins is. I can’t see the Eagles making him the main guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.