Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Just now, NewEra said:

No offense Look harder-  there’s a difference.  

one difference is mobility

Another/. Rudolph has always been a deer in headlights. Pressure comes- Mason eyes show the fear.

I'd rather just take a flier on a mid-round rookie (Hendon Hooker?) than sign Rudoph.

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He's got to stop worrying about that.  There are going to be weak spots on this team... if one of them happens to be LB next to All-Pro Milano, so be it. 

Yeah I don't think it's the worst goal in the world to at least have someone at each spot who you think could start in a pinch. It keeps you from reaching for need instead of taking the best athletes with the most upside.

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

Need to sign

Harrison Smith

Leighton Vander Esch

Adam Thielen

Ben Power 

Dalton Risner

ASAP!

Ben Powers already signed with the Broncos. I'd really still like to nab Isaac Seumalo, but no doubt his price tag exceeds what Beane wants to pay.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Yeah I don't think it's the worst goal in the world to at least have someone at each spot who you think could start in a pinch. It keeps you from reaching for need instead of taking the best athletes with the most upside.

No need to reach.. There will be LB's available in Rounds 2-4 of this Draft that can compete with Bernard.  

If MLB in this Defense is soooo important, then we need a new Defense.  Absolute absurdity.  

Hyde, White, Elam, Johnson, Milano, Von, Rousseau, Jones.  That's 8/11 spots on the Defense occupied by above average players or guys with above average potential.  

Help.  Josh.  Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You’re awfully grumpy this morning 😂😂 

Hahaha I’m not actually haha, but fair assessment.  

It’s just that free agency and this thread is already cumbersome to stay up to date with as it is, and blatantly obvious fake tweets just keep compounding that issue.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, DaggersEOD said:

I can start a thread if you want 🤷‍♂️

The “Diggs follows cowgirls” thread I expected to wither up and disappear is STILL going 😅🤣😂

Hahaha for real, can’t believe that pile of nonsense is still persisting 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

No way Jets trade him to us. Would be nice though. 

Quick Somone call Aaron and tell him to tell the Jets this trade must happen

A jets signing NOT a Rodgers Friend

This IMO remains the Biggest Gamble in this UFA

Pay this money and then plan to move the player to the LT spot, having never taken a snap at LT in his College or Pro Career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Bills were nominally $17M over the cap. 

Allen and Von freed $32M. 

Milano freed $6M

Hines freed $1.3M

Settle freed $0.6M

That's $39.9M. 

So with McGovern at $7.7M year, Martin at $2M year, Tyler M at $2.5M, Cam Lewis $1.2M (vet-min guess), Ike Boettger $1.2M (vet-min guess)

That leaves $8.3M left? +/- $3M, so at most right now $11M?

• Eyeroll 1

We all know that Jake Kumerow is a future NY Jet if Rodgers goes there. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Milano freed $6M

Hines freed $1.3M

Settle freed $0.6M

That's $39.9M. 

So with McGovern at $7.7M year, Martin at $2M year, Tyler M at $2.5M, Cam Lewis $1.2M (vet-min guess), Ike Boettger $1.2M (vet-min guess)

Thats not how cap works from a signing standpoint. Word is that McGoverns contract comes with around a 4 million cap hit this year. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Milano freed $6M

Hines freed $1.3M

Settle freed $0.6M

That's $39.9M. 

What about rookies?

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Milano freed $6M

Hines freed $1.3M

Settle freed $0.6M

That's $39.9M. 

McGovern is only a 4M cap hit this year.  Matakevich is 1.6M.  Not sure about Martin.  Cam and Ike likely don't affect the cap much once we get to the top 51.  

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

We all know that Jake Kumerow is a future NY Jet if Rodgers goes there. 

Thats not how cap works from a signing standpoint. Word is that McGoverns contract comes with around a 4 million cap hit this year. 

HENCE THE +/- $3M. 

And yes, I know Over the Cap exists, as does Spotrac. 

Regardless, I guess the point I was trying to make is what other levers do the Bills have? Cutting McKenzie would be $2.6M saved, Bills could restructure Dawkins and Diggs for $6M apiece, and trading Oliver $10.2M (assuming all that money is put on the next team because it's a guaranteed 5th year option), extending DaQuan Jones could drop you a couple million. 

1 hour ago, Success said:

Weird that the Pats wouldn't sign Meyers for that amount.  I'm sure BB felt he was overvalued - but he was the only receiver there who really established some chemistry w/ Jones.

I wonder if the Pats are punting on next season given the Rodgers situation and how good both the Bills and Phins already are.

All good points, very interesting and the Pats ** have cap space to burn, I think.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.