Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Now THIS is a deal I don't like. Sanders will be a good fit in that offense. 

Eh. There was hype with Edmonds too. I wouldn't like it either but I still think Mia is so overhyped 

I kinda like it too. Gives Buf an extra chip on their shoulder.  Last year the expectations were surreal and I hated the hype

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I get what he’s saying. I think they should’ve gone with a more sure thing starting OG. This guy is a project OG.

Who?  How is a OG that is solid has committed 2 penalties in over 2000 snaps a project? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It just seems the Chiefs just keep getting better while we continue to "plug holes" .  Maybe because I'm a Bills fan.  But our recent OL signing does not give me a lot of enthusiasm for the Bills to keep up.  They have been plugging holes with guys just like they signed since they been here, which puts us where we are today with the Oline

They didn't have as many "holes" to begin with.  They had a winning team with Reid and Alex Smith at QB.  They replaced Smith with Mahomes and they became one of the best teams in the AFC.   The Bills had very little on their roster and have had to build from the bottom up.  We focused on defense though, believing "defense wins championships."  Nope...with the rules in place to favor the offense, you're better building your offense and just outscoring everyone.  Look...even in the Super Bowl, that defensive penalty versus the Eagles sealed the victory for KC.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Eh. There was hype with Edmonds too. I wouldn't like it either but I still think Mia is so overhyped 

I kinda like it too. Gives Buf an extra chip on their shoulder.  Last year the expectations were surreal and I hated the hype

how many chips do we need?

7 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It just seems the Chiefs just keep getting better while we continue to "plug holes" .  Maybe because I'm a Bills fan.  But our recent OL signing does not give me a lot of enthusiasm for the Bills to keep up.  They have been plugging holes with guys just like they signed since they been here, which puts us where we are today with the Oline

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Exactly.  Some people here are going to praise everything we do

LOTS of Chiefs fans see their OL the same exact way you see ours. And if you look at it from their side, they had to replace 2 OTs last year, and are now replacing those OTs again. Same holes they need to keep on plugging. They see those moves as misses, and they won the super bowl IN SPITE of their weak OL.

It's just the team fan tunnel vision.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Why? Go look at their last 2-3 draft classes. They’re creating multiple starting level players on both sides of the ball. Some are even impact players. Buffalo has not. There’s your talent difference. 
On the field, they have the coaching difference. Going crazy in free agency is not going to change the gap. If Buffalo had hit on their draft picks the last 2-3 seasons they wouldn’t need to “plug holes” 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Who?  How is a OG that is solid has committed 2 penalties in over 2000 snaps a project? 

Honestly don't even waste you're time responding to some of these posts. This is a immediate upgrade at guard but some people with still complain just to complain. It's like the thing to do on this board now and days. Such a bad way to live imo.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I get what he’s saying. I think they should’ve gone with a more sure thing starting OG. This guy is a project OG.

As we stand, the Bills have two young athletic Guards with an average floor and potential to be good, probably not great.  They have a stud Center, who is likely year to year.   They have an average to above average LT, and a raw, athletic freak at RT who is below average but with potential through the roof.  

On paper.. this OL, as is, could be meh or it could be really good if the potential of Bates, McGovern and Brown are all realized.  

I think the faith of a lot of us has been rocked this past year, but the components of a freakishly athletic and pretty talented OL are now in place IF the coaching staff can develop them in our scheme.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It just seems the Chiefs just keep getting better while we continue to "plug holes" .

Replacing Orlando Brown at LT with Jawaan Taylor appears to be a downgrade. Their starting RT Andrew Wylie signed with the Commanders. So far they appear to have gotten worse on the OL, not better. But it's still super early. I feel we are further behind the Bengals right now anyways. I already know we can beat the Chiefs. The Bengals I'm not sure if we can.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Why? Go look at their last 2-3 draft classes. They’re creating multiple starting level players on both sides of the ball. Some are even impact players. Buffalo has not. There’s your talent difference. 
On the field, they have the coaching difference. Going crazy in free agency is not going to change the gap. If Buffalo had hit on their draft picks the last 2-3 seasons they wouldn’t need to “plug holes” 

I agree 100%

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.