Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

1 minute ago, Success said:

Weird that the Pats wouldn't sign Meyers for that amount.  I'm sure BB felt he was overvalued - but he was the only receiver there who really established some chemistry w/ Jones.

I wonder if the Pats are punting on next season given the Rodgers situation and how good both the Bills and Phins already are.

Tanking for Caleb Williams?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

ill i feel sick GIF

Who ever we sign is just here to start Josh Allen’s truck in the winter. 

The backup QB market is strong this year

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

More to the Big Rumor that started at the Combine.  Poyer market isnt what he and his wife thought it was. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if his market wasn’t great. 32 and coming off multiple injuries. 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok so let me talk about the evolution I watched.  Some small links initially to Bills 2 days ago.  Then last night a report that a Deal is almost done with an AFC team.  Alot went all in on the Bills being that AFC team.  Now we are having the Fins enter the chat as of 30 Min ago as well.  

When I saw last night that it said afc east team my first thought was Miami honestly. He’s from Florida. 

Edited by BillsSbSoon

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

More to the Big Rumor that started at the Combine.  Poyer market isnt what he and his wife thought it was. 

Agree....we love Poyer in Buffalo, but truth is he's coming off an injury riddled season...faded down the stretch/looked horrible against Cincy...and is limited athletically at his current age compared to some of the other options.

I think we're better off going younger/more speed, but Po+Hyde= sum greater than parts

Getting Poyer back on an affordable deal would be great, if his pride would allow it. When he is healthy he is an impact player. We could still draft a safety, but that would allow us to go with more of a project to learn in a backup role.

I do kind of wonder if the team is all-in on Benford as starting S next year though…

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Who ever we sign is just here to start Josh Allen’s truck in the winter. 

The backup QB market is strong this year

I wouldn’t be surprised if his market wasn’t great. 32 and coming off multiple injuries. 

Whoever we sign may have to play and win games if Allen gets hurt and has to miss time.  

Before you say “if Josh gets hurt, our season is over” (like everyone likes to say)…… not every is season ending.  If he misses a handful of games, we can still make the playoffs and having a backup QB NOT named Mason Rudolph could allow that to happen.  

our backup should be mobile. 

I might be in the minority but I’m out on Poyer.  

I just think it’s time to turn the page on this defense.  

Get someone young and athletic next to Hyde.   We’re pretty well set at CB.  Figure out LB and perhaps shake up the DL with an Oliver trade.  

With the literal DC and de facto leader of the Defense both gone, it’s time to turn the page.   Furthermore, it’s time to make sure Josh Allen goes into ‘23 with an average to above average OL and weapons on par with Burrow/Mahomes. 

• Agree 4

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok so let me talk about the evolution I watched.  Some small links initially to Bills 2 days ago.  Then last night a report that a Deal is almost done with an AFC team.  Alot went all in on the Bills being that AFC team.  Now we are having the Fins enter the chat as of 30 Min ago as well.  

I haven’t seen a single credible source link the Bills to Cook.  Where are people seeing these rumors that have showed up in this thread?  Because there have been several now that don’t even show up in the rumor universe of twitter.

The only thing I’ve seen on Cook is Shady saying to link the brothers in Buffalo, but that’s not a rumor, that’s just him saying to do it.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I haven’t seen a single credible source link the Bills to Cook.  Where are people seeing these rumors that have showed up in this thread?  Because there have been several now that don’t even show up in the rumor universe of twitter.

The only thing I’ve seen on Cook is Shady saying to link the brothers in Buffalo, but that’s not a rumor, that’s just him saying to do it.  

The rumors come from someone tweeting at James Cook about trading for his brother, and James responding by tagging the Bills official twitter, and everyone thinking James Cook is our GM. That's it.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it’s close and they are younger. 

I’d have to disagree that Epps and Wilson are close.  Maybe close to an injuries Poyer.   Epps has been kind of scary in coverage.  Wilson, I guess I shouldn’t comment on. I haven’t watched much of his play.  

they are definitely younger though.  Poyers age and health last season really hurts his value?

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean just go to his IG and see that this post doesn’t exist.  

Now we are gonna get 20 pages of people weighing in on this fake post.  

Even if it wasn’t a fake post, which it is, his wife is from WNY so he could be here just to visit family. Doesn’t mean anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The rumors come from someone tweeting at James Cook about trading for his brother, and James responding by tagging the Bills official twitter, and everyone thinking James Cook is our GM. That's it.

Thanks for clearing that up, that’s about what I figured it was going to be.  

Lmao, those aren’t rumors 🤦🏼‍♂️ Why do people keep taking random tweets and nonsense as evidence of rumors?  Lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It is a real post from his IG. It's just from his college days.

Well I don’t doubt it was real at some point given he’s clearly in the picture, but it’s not a real post from March 13th, 2023 was the point.

• Like (+1) 1

1.  This is a bad UFA class and that is why it is so slow compared to recent tampering periods

or 

2.  The teams took the threat from the league seriously and isnt leaking as much.

But then again it really could be just a combination of the two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.