Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will say trades are awesome. Love to be a GM.

Penny is made out the stuff Watkins is. I can’t see the Eagles making him the main guy.

I can't see the Eagles spending that much cap space on two relatively premier FA RBs

Just now, Blank Stare said:

Beane is up to something. Far too quiet with that Edmunds money freed up. I’d guess that he has another tandem signing brewing similar to Smoke/Bease and Howard/Von last few years that they’ll announce around the same time. 

They were already over the cap, so I'm not sure that money was "freed up". But with the restructures and such they probably have ~ 35M in space. They ain't done

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I believe it’s worth the risk but fans over look age and injuries way too much. He’s 30 and has missed 14 games the last 2 years. 

also, I know Jones had a breakout year throwing a whopping 15 tds. But he had a 1st round TE in Engram who just had his best season of his career not playing with Jones and his second best season was also not with Jones. 

Good risk but hardly a slam dunk. I’m not sold on Jones in the slightest.

Wow, I didn’t know Waller was 30. Thought he was more like 27 or 28. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will say trades are awesome. Love to be a GM.

Penny is made out the stuff Watkins is. I can’t see the Eagles making him the main guy.

They don’t need a main guy. It’ll be perfect for him.  I think this is a great move (without seeing financials). 

Just now, appoo said:

I can't see the Eagles spending that much cap space on two relatively premier FA RBs

Should we? Philly must know he wants big money. His injuries scare me a bit though he stayed healthy in a contract year. Also, that scheme is very rb friendly. Would he do that well in ours?Good player but is it that big of a need to invest a good amount of money in? Rbs shouldn’t be this hard to find. JMO though.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, H2o said:

Isn't this the same crap he pulled in Denver? How's the saying go? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice......

BNG-L-RAIDERS-0101-10.jpg

Yet another example of the Bellichick coaching tree.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Once you can no longer cheat, you can't win.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Roundybout said:

I got him in the last round of my fantasy draft in 2019, and kept him in 2020 for a 17th round pick.  

He had some substance abuse issues growing up and in his first couple of years in the league.  

Injury wise- he has a history of knee, ankle, and hamstring issues.  

17 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think we will probably wait for the dust to settle and sign some discount free agents at safety, receiver, and linebacker. Even after the restructures, we only have ~$15 Million in cap and still have a rookie class to sign.

I think Beane has been historically reticent to pull the trigger this early in FA, when teams are much more likely to overpay. 

but correct me if I’m wrong: Didn’t the Allen and Miller restructures alone create $16mil in cap space, and then the Milano, Settle, and Hines deals create even more?

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Should we? Philly must know he wants big money. His injuries scare me a bit though he stayed healthy in a contract year. Also, that scheme is very rb friendly. Would he do that well in ours?Good player but is it that big of a need to invest a good amount of money in? Rbs shouldn’t be this hard to find. JMO though.

Dude is smokin crack-  sanders is the exact guy we don’t need, due to price (not talent).  

Not that I’m advocating trading for ekeler (I’m not)….but I’d rather give up a 4th rd pick and pay ekeler than to pay sanders.  If we’re going to pay a RB big money, he better be a super star.  

Edited by NewEra

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

And once those injuries start piling up, it can end real quick. See Poyer, Jordan. Really good player but when you make a bunch of money (or want it), struggle to stay healthy, and lose a half step, your market shrinks.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, appoo said:

Eagles just landed Rashad Penny, they should run not walk to add Miles Sanders

I love Sanders. With Bates, McGovern and Sanders, we’d be bringing the PSU band back together.

Bring in Nick Scott, KJ Hamler, Amani Oruwariye, Trace McSorely then draft Zach Koontz and you really get the band together. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He's still only 27.  What sort of extension could be hammered out? 3 years 18 million fully guaranteed? 

Everyone is devaluing the RB position and I get that to an extent....but look at KC and PHI

Both teams have 2-3 good RB's and that's not including their QB

Ekeler is an excellent back, but isn't Cook supposed to become that type of RB?

Hines is in the same fit. Buffalo needs a chain mover who can run inside and take hits off these lighter guys IMO.

Should find that in the draft.

If Bills want to address it in FA then get Jamaal Williams from Detroit with a nose for the endzone and can run inside and outside.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Bills have little money invested into the RB spot, and the one high end talent they have is someone who tops out at 15-20 touches a game both running and passing. 

So yes, Sanders is someone they'd want to invest in, now that they've upgraded their IOL. They need a RT ujpgrade, and if they get that, it probably elevates the OLine to well above average.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I love Sanders. With Bates, McGovern and Sanders, we’d be bringing the PSU band back together.

Bring in Nick Scott, KJ Hamler, Amani Oruwariye, Trace McSorely then draft Zach Koontz and you really get the band together. 

My Penn State ass would love that haha. 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think we will probably wait for the dust to settle and sign some discount free agents at safety, receiver, and linebacker. Even after the restructures, we only have ~$15 Million in cap and still have a rookie class to sign.

What is the point to letting the dust settle if that is their plan though? I never understood that. Why do you have to wait for the dust to settle if you are just going to sign mid tier to lower tier players? Lol

Edited by Buffalo03

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think Beane has been historically reticent to pull the trigger this early in FA, when teams are much more likely to overpay. 

but correct me if I’m wrong: Didn’t the Allen and Miller restructures alone create $16mil in cap space, and then the Milano, Settle, and Hines deals create even more?

Yes, but we were already about $16 Million over the cap, and then we signed Matakevich, Dodson, Cam Lewis, Sam Martin, and Ike Boettger. I'm not sure exactly how much cap we have after all of that, since the full contract details haven't been released for all of them.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Raiders and Jets in competition for the laughing stock of the day award

I guess I don’t get the Raiders’ strategy. Go get a new QB and a goodish receiver from the Pats, then trade away a top-10 tight end?

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Dust settle FAs is the last thing the team needs… they need another stud WR to get them over the top. 

i feel like bbfs to think we cannot trust this FO who went into last year thinking they had good enough.

it's frustrating.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Dust settle FAs is the last thing the team needs… they need another stud WR to get them over the top. 

That;s not available in the FA market. It's actually a rather underwhelming FA Market. 

What I would rather do is send a 2nd and 4th over to Denver for Jerry Jeudy and draft whatever RT is available in the first

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

What is the point to letting the dust settle if that is their plan though? I never understood that. Why do you have to wait for the dust to settle if you are just going to sign mid tier to lower tier players? Lol

Every free agent thinks that they are going to cash in big, but the more time passes, the more they realize that their value might not be as high as they thought. 

Good players will still be available in a week, and they will have lowered their contract expectations and might be willing to sign a cheap one year prove-it deal with a contender.

54 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Interesting move by the Giants, Waller is just always hurt and I thought Daniel Bellinger looked decent in his rookie year too. Waller is an absolute weapon when healthy though. 

Giants having a nice offseason.

Contract for Waller is easy to get out of after this season if he is washed. Can play a 2TE set with Barkley in the backfield.

Bobby Okereke (LB) was a really good get at his contract. In his peak, playmaker.

Kept Jones and Barkley under cap.

• Agree 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I think it's safe to say the Bills will be drafting a RT @ 27.  Now we gotta hope one of the better ones fall.

Nope. Probably Jack Campbell, Zay Flowers, or Josh Downs. For some reason they love Spencer Brown and love making excuses for him. Seems like they are pinning all of last year's OL woes on Saffold. 

• Agree 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I think it's safe to say the Bills will be drafting a RT @ 27.  Now we gotta hope one of the better ones fall.

RT market went a bit absurd.

I think the kid from Syracuse (Matt Bergeron) would be an upgrade and can be had rounds 2-3.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Every free agent thinks that they are going to cash in big, but the more time passes, the more they realize that their value might not be as high as they thought. 

Good players will still be available in a week, and they will have lowered their contract expectations and might be willing to sign a cheap one year prove-it deal with a contender.

Yeah, that makes sense. I moreso thought of it as, if they are after C rated players, those players will still be there in a few days anyway. It makes sense if it's like you describe. A top tier guy doesn't get the deal they thought and they wait it out to get a cheaper contract. But otherwise, if you're gonna wait a week to sign guys no one has heard of, just sign them now. It's not like it would matter that much with those types of players

Keep in mind if the JEts add Rodgers, they likely have the potential for a top end offense with Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall in there. 

The Bills can not stand pat on offense. They need to add both a RB and WR IMO, to keep up with the Jets and Phins who both will have elite Ds

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Yes, but we were already about $16 Million over the cap, and then we signed Matakevich, Dodson, Cam Lewis, Sam Martin, and Ike Boettger. I'm not sure exactly how much cap we have after all of that, since the full contract details haven't been released for all of them.

Matakevich 1.8 cap hit

Sam Martin 1.66 cap hit

Seems like they were able to fit these guys in from the Milano extension, Settle restructure and Hines restructure 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Nope. Probably Jack Campbell, Zay Flowers, or Josh Downs. For some reason they love Spencer Brown and love making excuses for him. Seems like they are pinning all of last year's OL woes on Saffold. 

Neither GM nor Coach exactly made him a starter heading into Next season. I think they basically called him a rising prospect, which for someone who's going into his 3rd year as a starter, isn't the most ringing endorsement. 

He's competing for his job

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, appoo said:

Keep in mind if the JEts add Rodgers, they likely have the potential for a top end offense with Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall in there. 

The Bills can not stand pat on offense. They need to add both a RB and WR IMO, to keep up with the Jets and Phins who both will have elite Ds

Agreed.  Get Hopkins AND Henry or Ekeler.  It CAN be done. Just have to be creative and it doesn't have to kill your cap down the road either. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I like Campbell too, but not in the first round. Would be another round 1 LB reach.

I think Dorian Williams (LB Tulane) would be an excellent mid round LB selection.

He is a natural zone LB. Basically a copy of Matt Milano.

he has some development to do, but he is a mid round prospect for a reason.

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both of your sentences are exactly why you can’t decide what position you are drafting in March. Makes no sense to put yourself in that mindset, especially drafting so late in the first 

17 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Ekeler is an excellent back, but isn't Cook supposed to become that type of RB?

Hines is in the same fit. Buffalo needs a chain mover who can run inside and take hits off these lighter guys IMO.

Should find that in the draft.

If Bills want to address it in FA then get Jamaal Williams from Detroit with a nose for the endzone and can run inside and outside.

I think this is the best bet too.  Or roll the dice on another RB in rd 5-6-7

edit- ekeler is the kind of back they hope Cook can be. Ekeler was a top 3 back last season running behind a poor OL with a terrible OC

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, appoo said:

There is also the possibility that Rodgers could ruin this young team that has been built...particularly if they add all the players Rodgers wants them to.  They will need to free up cap space by cutting some of the younger roster.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.