OT..Todd Mcshay continues to show he knows nothing about the Bills franchise

78thealltimegreat

No

27. Buffalo Bills

Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

The Bills might have vacancies on the defensive side of the ball, depending on how free agency plays out for linebacker Tremaine Edmunds and safety Jordan Poyer. But with Devin Singletaryalso on an expiring deal, Buffalo might look to jumpstart its run game with Gibbs, who rushed 151 times for 926 yards and caught 44 passes for another 444 last season. Bills running backs totaled 1,418 yards on the ground last season, 24th best in the NFL, and only four teams had fewer rushing TDs from that position group (seven).

Gibbs' vision and shiftiness are outstanding, as he can string together multiple cuts to find daylight. The Bills could team him up with James Cook and Nyheim Hines to form a solid backfield and complement what quarterback Josh Allendoes when he tucks and runs.

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Dislike 1

I mean we do need an upgrade at RB but Gibbs is pretty similar to Cook so I don’t see the fit (unfortunately Beane seems to cover these small scat back types)

Unless it’s Robinson we have zero business going RB in round 1 and even then we should be prioritizing OL

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

No

27. Buffalo Bills

The Bills might have vacancies on the defensive side of the ball, depending on how free agency plays out for linebacker Tremaine Edmunds and safety Jordan Poyer. But with Devin Singletaryalso on an expiring deal, Buffalo might look to jumpstart its run game with Gibbs, who rushed 151 times for 926 yards and caught 44 passes for another 444 last season. Bills running backs totaled 1,418 yards on the ground last season, 24th best in the NFL, and only four teams had fewer rushing TDs from that position group (seven).

Gibbs' vision and shiftiness are outstanding, as he can string together multiple cuts to find daylight. The Bills could team him up with James Cook and Nyheim Hines to form a solid backfield and complement what quarterback Josh Allendoes when he tucks and runs.

I don’t think the Bills know anything about the Bills we have no identity. This Pk wouldn’t surprise me either . 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Unless Dorsey plans on using way more 2 back sets this makes zero sense. 

Rather re sign Motor or grab Jamal Williams from Det for 4-5 mil per

Every time i see someone say resign Singletary I cringe a little. 😂 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

No

27. Buffalo Bills

They did the same with Moss a guy that is just about he exact same in height & weight if the Bills do go RB in the draft go big or go home the kid from Texas has good size & produced really good in college . He is also listed as top 5 on some best players coming into the draft .

He is 6' 220 lbs and his stats are off the chart good if the Bills go that direction don't go with a guy that falls to the 3rd round like they did with Moss get someone that has proved no matter where he has been that he will produce at a high level this guy last year produced by him self more than the Bills RB's did together last season .

I know everything goes through Josh but RB has not been a good positional pick for Beane and most that he gets are the same stature 5'8" or so 195 + lbs lets get a back that has some more A** to go along with his production . I wanted Brian Robinson last year can we imagine the Bills back field with someone like him ...

27 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

No

27. Buffalo Bills

Come on with this garbage.

How many of the top WRs are left at 27 when the Bills pick? 

46 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

No

27. Buffalo Bills

Ridiculous.  Why would we draft the same type of back we already have?

Bijan Robinson is the only back that would make any sense for us and that's only if he's there for us when we pick.  He's a top 5 talent in the draft.

I think this guy just throws darts at a board, then writes his article.

17 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Come on with this garbage.

How many of the top WRs are left at 27 when the Bills pick? 

And how many of them are actually first round talent?  

I think we could potentially trade out of the first round into the early second, still get a good WR, and get an additional pick on top of it.

If Bijan Robinson is somehow still there at 27, I think we have to take him.  Maybe one of the elite OL, which there are few that would be considered first round talent.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

I fear for my television if this pick happens.

I do not want a RB at 27, but would understand.. and probably talk myself into, Bijan Robinson - He's a freak. 

This would be like Terrell Bernard.. just zero rationale and an all around ridiculous pick.. only 3x worse given RD1 vs RD3. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I don’t think the Bills know anything about the Bills we have no identity. This Pk wouldn’t surprise me either . 

Every time i see someone say resign Singletary I cringe a little. 😂 

Williams would be a nice signing. I wouldn't hate that. 

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I do not want a RB at 27, but would understand.. and probably talk myself into, Bijan Robinson - He's a freak. 

This would be like Terrell Bernard.. just zero rationale and an all around ridiculous pick.. only 3x worse given RD1 vs RD3. 

If that pick happened, and based on previous draft pick history other than Josh, I'd have to say that's the final straw that convinces me this FO doesn't have what it takes to ever win a title. Ditto if the pick is on defense.  I could actually see a Safety pick from this FO, but it shouldn't be in the first round. Much bigger needs on this team.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If that pick happened, and based on previous draft pick history other than Josh, I'd have to say that's the final straw that convinces me this FO doesn't have what it takes to ever win a title. Ditto if the pick is on defense.  I could actually see a Safety pick from this FO, but it shouldn't be in the first round. Much bigger needs on this team.

Let's wait for UFA to settle before we assess our needs as usually once free agency is over we have one glaring need over others that we draft for in the 1st, see last year at CB, see previous year DE etc. etc. 

There’s no reason to get upset at mock drafts in February. Also, has anyone gone back and looked at who McShay or Mel Kiper had us taking vs who we actually took vs who we should have took? There’s also a lot of trades that effect how the draft shakes out.

• Like (+1) 1

We have Cook and Hines. And are already set to pay Hines a hefty salary for RB/KR.

The RB FA market shouldnt be too crazy expensive. There are a lot of good RBs hitting the market, and we know the position value is already low.

I also think Singletary wants to stay in Buffalo.

Either bring Singletary back cheap, or roll with Cook/Hines. Or maybe Cook/Hines and a late round pick if we must.

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

There’s no reason to get upset at mock drafts in February. Also, has anyone gone back and looked at who McShay or Mel Kiper had us taking vs who we actually took vs who we should have took? There’s also a lot of trades that effect how the draft shakes out.

It mattered more, and the "experts" were more accurate, back when we were picking in the top 10 most of the time. This far back in the draft, it's a total crap shoot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Let's wait for UFA to settle before we assess our needs as usually once free agency is over we have one glaring need over others that we draft for in the 1st, see last year at CB, see previous year DE etc. etc. 

Yeah, Beane could try to use FA to fix the line. If he does, I hope he does better than Saffold. I don't know what they were looking at that made them think that guy could still play.  Even then, it should've been obvious in camp that he was done.

Edited by Billz4ever

While Gibbs would be an extremely depressing pick at 27, I do think that RB needs to be addressed in some way(s). Motor is gone unless he comes back cheap. Hines is likely a cut unless he takes a pay cut. Cook would be a decent option for one of our two top RBs if not for his terrible pass pro. The RB FA market should yield an option at very reasonable cost. Ditto day 3 of the draft. And maybe Cook can clean up his pass pro too. 

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

It’s like going to a bakery and ordering the vanilla cake every time there’s no toppings no fruits no nothing on that cake just plain vanilla. 😂 

Let's not confuse our coaching with mock drafts.

Edited by PBF81

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

Ridiculous.  Why would we draft the same type of back we already have?

Bijan Robinson is the only back that would make any sense for us and that's only if he's there for us when we pick.  He's a top 5 talent in the draft.

I think this guy just throws darts at a board, then writes his article.

And how many of them are actually first round talent?  

I think we could potentially trade out of the first round into the early second, still get a good WR, and get an additional pick on top of it.

If Bijan Robinson is somehow still there at 27, I think we have to take him.  Maybe one of the elite OL, which there are few that would be considered first round talent.

I just don't understand taking a RB in the first round on this team. 

Sure, assuming they keep Hines, the team has no size at running back, but with only 6 draft picks, your best shot at an elite skill talent is R1, and we're taking a RB? 

Why not just scour the Undrafted Free Agent pool and pick a RB in that 220 pound range? 

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just don't understand taking a RB in the first round on this team. 

Sure, assuming they keep Hines, the team has no size at running back, but with only 6 draft picks, your best shot at an elite skill talent is R1, and we're taking a RB? 

Why not just scour the Undrafted Free Agent pool and pick a RB in that 220 pound range? 

You're not going to find a 220 lb back who's known for his tackle-breaking ability, runs a sub-4.5, won the Doak Walker award, and is a 1st team All-American in the undrafted FA pool and there's not a ton of actual first round talent in the areas we have our biggest needs.

It's all going to come down to who's on the board when it gets to us.

Only a few WRs are actual first round talent in this draft. Same for OL.  I don't want to see the Bills reach.

If Robinson is somehow there, I think you have to take him.  If Robinson is gone and depending on what WRs and OL are still on the board, we may be better trading out of the first to the early second to get our guy and get an additional pick.

If someone like Jalin Hyatt is still there, maybe we take him or one of the few 1st round talents on the OL.

Edited by Billz4ever

34 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Todd McShay, IMO, is not very good at his job. He constantly gets OWNED by Mel Kiper who's only claim to fame was his stance on Josh Allen. 

McShay's logic is mind-boggling bad.  He explains what Gibbs is good at but doesn't explain why that's somehow a great fit for the Bills considering Gibbs is a back so similar to what we already have.  He is faster, but still the same type of back.

19 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You're not going to find a 220 lb back who's known for his tackle-breaking ability, runs a sub-4.5, won the Doak Walker award, and is a 1st team All-American in the undrafted FA pool and there's not a ton of actual first round talent in the areas we have our biggest needs.

It's all going to come down to who's on the board when it gets to us.

Only a few WRs are actual first round talent in this draft. Same for OL.  I don't want to see the Bills reach.

If Robinson is somehow there, I think you have to take him.  If Robinson is gone and depending on what WRs and OL are still on the board, we may be better trading out of the first to the early second to get our guy and get an additional pick.

If someone like Jalin Hyatt is still there, maybe we take him or one of the few 1st round talents on the OL.

Of course you're not.

But starting RB on the Buffalo Bills is the 10th most important position on the starting offense and it renders the Cook pick useless. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Of course you're not.

But starting RB on the Buffalo Bills is the 10th most important position on the starting offense and it renders the Cook pick useless. 

No it doesn't because Cook was brought here to be the pass catching RB Beane thought he was getting with McKissic that fell through.  A back like Robinson is also much better suited for short yardage than backs like Cook. Our only real short yardage options right now are to throw or QB sneak.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Imagine using a 1st and 2nd round pick on a RB in back to back drafts.

If you're looking at BPA and true first round talent, if Robinson is there at 27, along with 2nd round WR and OL talent, Robinson has to be your guy in the first.

We'll probably end up with a Safety anyway knowing this FO.

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If you're looking at BPA and true first round talent, if Robinson is there at 27, along with 2nd round WR and OL talent, Robinson has to be your guy in the first.

We'll probably end up with a Safety anyway knowing this FO.

BPA is a myth man. It always has been. 

37 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

No it doesn't because Cook was brought here to be the pass catching RB Beane thought he was getting with McKissic that fell through.  A back like Robinson is also much better suited for short yardage than backs like Cook. Our only real short yardage options right now are to throw or QB sneak.

You draft Robinson, and he should touch the ball 20 times a game. 

Cook is billed as this pass catching back, but he wasn't used that way last year. 

After the Dolphins game in Week 3, he was sporadic in his usage on designed pass plays, and you never got anything exotic out of him coming out of the slot, or jet sweeps, or flare/bubble screens. 

It makes much more sense to utilize the guy you drafted in the 2nd Round, and showed he was a productive RB, as your primary, then to draft another RB, and ask Cook to do something else. 

The only negative on Cook is size, and can he run with power in the Playoffs, or do you need more muscle there. 

32 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You draft Robinson, and he should touch the ball 20 times a game. 

Cook is billed as this pass catching back, but he wasn't used that way last year. 

After the Dolphins game in Week 3, he was sporadic in his usage on designed pass plays, and you never got anything exotic out of him coming out of the slot, or jet sweeps, or flare/bubble screens. 

It makes much more sense to utilize the guy you drafted in the 2nd Round, and showed he was a productive RB, as your primary, then to draft another RB, and ask Cook to do something else. 

The only negative on Cook is size, and can he run with power in the Playoffs, or do you need more muscle there. 

And neither was Hines.  Beane specifically drafted a pass catching back and then traded for another and neither were used in that capacity.  That's a clear disconnect between Beane and Dorsey. 

There was little to no incorporation of our backs into the passing game whatsoever this past season outside of dump offs on a checkdown.  That needs to change and that's on Dorsey.

Edited by Billz4ever

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

I too feel the same way.  Probably best my TV is off during the Bills pick!!!

I don't think we took Cook in the 2nd to have a small roll.   Two 3rd round RBs a few years back, a 2nd last year, and a first this year is what he is predicting?  That just seems crazy unless the kid from Texas is still on the board who is seen as elite.   

Learn from the Rams and Cheifs and upgrade the line, skip the 1st round RBs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.