SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

Just now, Motorin' said:

He has to double dip here...

But shortening the game is definitely the game plan for the Eagles. Taking it down to zero before each snap. Dominating TOP...

The Chiefs can be up 7 before the Eagles get the ball again tho.  

Dominating TOP isn't the great strategy anymoe that it is made out to be.

Especially with quick strike offenses.

6 minutes ago, Success said:

I think we should be the 1st team in NFL history to not have a punter on the roster next year.  Just treat all 4 downs as opportunities to get a 1st.

We'd give up some, and allow for a few more scores from opponents. But on balance, it would work, and terrify the league.

McClappy would have a meltdown without a punter.

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

20 carries in the first half ..................we rarely have 20 carries in a whole game.

I see a lot of times we try like two runs that go nowhere so we completely abandon the run for the rest of the game. The Eagles runs don't always pick up a lot of yards but they stick with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

Dominating TOP isn't the great strategy anymoe that it is made out to be.

Especially with quick strike offenses.

It is from a standpoint you are physically beating the other team and your defense staying fresh. I want the rested D come 4th Qtr.

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

McDermott would've kicked the FG guys

It's funny the Eagle 4th downs don't feel at all like Brandon Staley wackiness but rather complete ass-kicking confidence

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I see a lot of times we try like two runs that go nowhere so we completely abandon the run for the rest of the game. The Eagles runs don't always pick up a lot of yards but they stick with it.

and when Hurts uses play action he has all day to throw.

Just now, Mango said:

Hurts is also much more decisive tonight than Allen. That’s certainly part of it. 

He has an elite OL protecting him and elite weapons getting open and/or bailing him out on 50/50 balls. 

Allen would be an absolute freak show on that offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That's how the everyone sees it when checking the boxscore.  Allen lost to Mahomes in that game.  Not that Allen scored with 13 seconds left and the coaching staff made 3 stupid ass plays in a row.

but you know, box score.

Agree Wiz next year Josh has to take the defense into his own hands and play DE and let Keenum play QB

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Give Allen more then 1 receiver who doesn’t drop the ball 

I don’t want to commandeer the SB thread, but I’d highly suggest people spend the $10 per month for NFL+. There’s an assumption that Allen holds the ball forever because nobody is open and that simply isn’t the case all. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

He has an elite OL protecting him and elite weapons getting open and/or bailing him out on 50/50 balls. 

Allen would be an absolute freak show on that offense. 

Watching the time both QBs have and the nice pocket is just depressing to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.