This place has become poisonous

Dr. K

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Eastport and newcam sum it up the best as far as responding to the OP.  It's the way I feel. We're all different and this board would be pretty boring if we didn't have different opinions on that "spectrum".  And in some regards there's something to take out of what Dr K and Augie say. It's just so incredibly hard at my age to keep the "wait till next year" montra going. I'm not going to be around forever and neither is Josh.  But I also can't let it give me ulcers and effort the other good things in my life.  Maybe I just need to check myself in to "Buffalo Bills therapy".......

You might have to call it something else to get insurance to cover you.    😋

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The truth rarely lies at the extremes.

Some take great offense at ANY  criticism of Josh, Edmunds, coaches, etc. - kind of like a simp defending their expensive OnlyFans girlfriend.  Others sit in a perpetual hate pit and want everyone gone - nobody has any redeeming qualities.

With practice, you learn to skip the posts or replies from the chronic offenders.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, In Summary said:

The truth rarely lies at the extremes.

Some take great offense at ANY  criticism of Josh, Edmunds, coaches, etc. - kind of like a simp defending their expensive OnlyFans girlfriend.  Others sit in a perpetual hate pit and want everyone gone - nobody has any redeeming qualities.

With practice, you learn to skip the posts or replies from the chronic offenders.

I’m sure most of us, the vast majority of us, are more in the middle. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

You present that as a fact, when in fact it’s an opinion. Just your opinion. 

No, it's not. Anyone ever hired says they want to win. This regime has kept good on its promise. How much is solely on Allen and how much is on coaching/management is a matter of opinion.

20 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If the OP finds that the board is toxic and is thinking of leaving he might want to drop into the Eagles message board. 

I think it’s just that the OP is very sensitive and doesn’t quite understand how boards work….. The Eagle boards are a sight to behold that’s for sure 😂 

Edited by wppete

Expectation became a hidden curse unfortunately. Take us back to the Covid season where every week/throw felt like “is this real?” How it felt so good to take that step. Now it’s like, Win the whole thing or fail. And then you are just meeting expectations. Not a lot to feel “good” about. It’s a sad reality that probably shouldn’t be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I've been a member of this community since the very beginning, in 2001. 

Through the depths of the drought, I've never seen so much whining and anger and lashing out as what goes on daily on this board right now. Not everybody is guilty of this—there are a good number of eminently sane people who post here frequently—but the percentage of people acting like three-year-olds having temper tantrums is as high or higher than it has ever been.

I went away for the last weeks since the loss to the Bengals thinking that of course people are going to act out their disappointment; it's natural, I thought, let them get it out of their system. But it's as bad this morning as ever. I've tried blocking the worst offenders but the list would be too long to comprehend at this point. If the Bills were to take one fifth of the hysterical suggestions that are made every hour on this board, they would be out of the playoffs for the next twenty years. 

I realize this is likely my problem, not yours. So I'm giving it a pass at least until the draft, and maybe until training camp.

I hope some of you will get out of the house now and then and breathe some fresh air. 

I agree, this place has been BBMB like since the Bengals game. Just nonstop whining and every thread has a negative spin/tone.

59 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Anyone hired by the Bills has said the same things Beane has said, Beane ended up with Allen that's the only difference

This is pure conjecture. There are countless other outcomes. But I do love Josh. 

I think Buffalo sports fan know where I stand as a 48 going on 49 years Buffalo sports fan I want to win no matter what. I admit I am not for everyone as a Buffalo fan poster I am 55 years old I don’t have forever I am not 25 years old anymore. Having MD muscular dystrophy my whole life the last 5 years have been tough I almost died twice of bad pneumonia the worse you can get the last time 17 days in the hospital 2 years ago. I doing better now but you never know I am old so I don’t have 50 more years to wait on the Buffalo Bills. 

I don’t care about nonsense excuses from the Buffalo Bills I want to win a Super Bowl that I can enjoy before I die not like some Chicago Cubs fans whispering to their half dead relative the Cubs won the World Series when they are on their way to heaven sort of thing. I want to win no excuses for any of our Buffalo sports teams. At least I got a another UB Bulls Camellia Bowl championship thank goodness for small mercy’s but I want the Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills if it means Sean McDermott needs to be fired so be it. I have alway had the want to win always whatever it takes if it means fire a head coach or trade a player so be it.

Plus Sean McDermott is not the number one coach I want to fired right now believe it or not as a Canisius College alum head coach Reggie Witherspoon of my Canisius Golden Griffins basketball team needs to be fired back to back 20 plus loss seasons is a disgrace. I have Griffs pride and standards as a Buffalo sports fan. Buffalo fans need to step up and be counted Griffs basketball has sunk to embarrassing levels of losing and attendance 500 fans a game is a disgrace in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Diggs essentially just put the front office and coaching staff and probably Josh to some extent on blast but fans questioning whether or not McD/Beane can get this done is the problem?

Ok then.  

And he did.  If you disagree I’d like to hear why.  He’s just frustrated?  It’s not the post game.  It’s not a day after.  He’s had 3 weeks to digest this.  And he’s playing footsie with Dallas now.  

I think that star WR I absolutely do not want to trade is summing up exactly how the fans feel.  

You have a 3% chance per year to win a Super Bowl.  That leaves a 97% chance you fail.  Getting to SB and winning is very difficult. When it doesn't happen and you are very close, it sucks.  Every player and fan can attest to this. But try to keep things in perspective.  

If Diggs is wanting to go to Dallas, I'd trade him for draft picks.  Lord knows we need linemen....and a run game. 

11 hours ago, Success said:

Fans in general get too negative.  

If you no longer have hope - why continue being a fan? If I was really hopeless about this team, or McDermott, or whatever, I'd just move on.  But I'm not; we got some bad breaks this year, but we'll be back.

I plan on enjoying every second of Allen's career, and feeling excited as long as we have him at QB.  We probably won't get another guy like this in my lifetime, and we're very fortunate to have him.

We are, so let's stop pissing his prime away by not protecting him or by not scheming to keep him from playing superman every game. Coaches and FO decisions took 2 years off our SB window and other teams have caught up. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

First, life does not come with guarantees.

And second, if that is what you need to go to your grave happy, then I’ll pray for you. As I just pointed out, what happened decades ago does NOT matter. We have new owners, and a different level of professionalism. A better chance. But still just a chance. 

Doesn’t EVERY fan base think they deserve more? MORE what? Can we ALL have more? There is only so much “more” to go around, and they all want it. 

Pretty weak response to be honest. Let me tackle what you said. 

Of course life doesn't come with guarantees. Never once did I imply it did. In fact, you were the one who implied the Bills will win one at some point. I was just pointing out that this is flawed logic. So your life with no guarantees was a weak response. 

Secondly, I never once said I need a Bills Super Bowl win in order to go to my grave happy. Nor did I imply others need that. You totally took what I said out of context. Come on man you gotta be better than that. Point is people have died before the Bills have won a Super Bowl. That's how long we fans have been waiting. Doesn't mean they were happy when they passed. Stop with your non sense.

Past results do matter. What are you talking about? You just can't turn a blind eye to the past. That's just plain ignorance. Past results can be used to improve and evaluate your team. They are indicators of success and failures. Let's get real!

Do the Bills have a new organization? It's been six years with the same basic people in place. A better chance a new level of professionalism? Are you comparing this Bills organization with past Bills owners and management? Is that allowed since the past doesn't matter? 

I didn't refer to any fan base but Buffalo. Your response is to talk about other fan bases. Very strange. I stand by the statement that the Bills fan base deserves more. The passion, loyalty, dedication, and love for their team and players is second to none. The Bills have repeatedly come up short of that coveted Lombardi Trophy. So many have been waiting so long to see Bills players hoist that trophy. Haven't you? 

Have a great day. Go Bills.

Edited by newcam2012

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Pretty weak response to be honest. Let me tackle what you said. 

Of course life doesn't come with guarantees. Never once Did I imply it did. In fact, you were the one who implied the Bills will win one at some point. I was just pointing out that this is flawed logic. So your life with no guarantees is a weak response. 

Secondly, I never once said I need a Bills Super Bowl win in order to go to me grave happy. Nor did I imply others need that requirement. You totally  took what I said out of context. Come on man you gotta be better than that. Point is people have died before the Bills have won a Super Bowl. That's how long we fans have been waiting. Doesn't mean they were happy when they passed. Stop with your non sense.

Past results do matter. What are you talking about. You just can't turn a blind eye to the past. That's just plain ignorance. Past results can be used to improve and evaluate your team. They are indicators of success and failures. Let's get real!

Do the Bills have a new organization? It's been six years with the same basic people in place. A better chance a new level of professionalism? Are you comparing this Bills organization with past Bills owners and management? Is that allowed since the past doesn't matter? 

I'm didn't refer to any fan base but Buffalo. Your response is to talk about other fan bases. Very strange. I stand by the statement that the Bills fan base deserves more. The passion, loyalty, dedication, and love for their team and players is second to none. The Bills have repeatedly come up short of that coveted Lombardi Trophy. So many have been waiting so long to see Bills players hoist that trophy. Haven't you? 

Of course we want to see the Bills win, but my enjoyment of them over my lifetime is far greater than any one game, or season.

BTW - Thank you for using paragraphs. 

Sleep well, my friend. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I think Buffalo sports fan know where I stand as a 48 going on 49 years Buffalo sports fan I want to win no matter what. I admit I am not for everyone as a Buffalo fan poster I am 55 years old I don’t have forever I am not 25 years old anymore. Having MD muscular dystrophy my whole life the last 5 years have been tough I almost died twice of bad pneumonia the worse you can get the last time 17 days in the hospital 2 years ago. I doing better now but you never know I am old so I don’t have 50 more years to wait on the Buffalo Bills. 

I don’t care about nonsense excuses from the Buffalo Bills I want to win a Super Bowl that I can enjoy before I die not like some Chicago Cubs fans whispering to their half dead relative the Cubs won the World Series when they are on their way to heaven sort of thing. I want to win no excuses for any of our Buffalo sports teams. At least I got a another UB Bulls Camellia Bowl championship thank goodness for small mercy’s but I want the Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills if it means Sean McDermott needs to be fired so be it. I have alway had the want to win always whatever it takes if it means fire a head coach or trade a player so be it.

Plus Sean McDermott is not the number one coach I want to fired right now believe it or not as a Canisius College alum head coach Reggie Witherspoon of my Canisius Golden Griffins basketball team needs to be fired back to back 20 plus loss seasons is a disgrace. I have Griffs pride and standards as a Buffalo sports fan. Buffalo fans need to step up and be counted Griffs basketball has sunk to embarrassing levels of losing and attendance 500 fans a game is a disgrace in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Thanks for sharing. Very nice post. Glad you are doing better. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I hope some of you will get out of the house now and then and breathe some fresh air. 

Well if they stay inside and breathe their own poisonous air problem should resolve itself.

I think the issue started with the D👀mers and just continued ranting and probably would have no matter what the results.

Some of it is instigated by those regular trolls who pretend to be Bills fans but are always negative no matter what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I agree to a point, but it's understandable.  What happens every year at this time is people are looking back on the season and talking about what didn't work.  Only time that won't happen is if the Bills win the Super Bowl.  

So, what didn't work?   The defense and the offense let the team down in the playoffs.  Why?   Well, that's what people are talking about.  Not very productively, in my opinion, because I think the problems are much more nuanced than people here seem to think, but that's just my opinion.  

I am amazed, however, that people think McDermott is the problem.   He's probably a top-five head coach, and people are complaining about him be too soft, or too oriented to the defense, or something.  I don't get that at all. 

Shaw-have you watched McDermotts in game decisions last 5 years? How about last year-13 seconds- this year in the divisional round- andYou think he’s a Top 5 Coach……LOL!

• Like (+1) 1

During the drought I emotionally divested myself from the Bills because they refused to move heaven and earth for an elite QB.  When quite literally your team is garbage unless you have one.  It upsets me when 10's of millions of dollars are spent on front office and coaching staffs and they refuse to do the logical items.  Of course I'd watch ever game and hope they would win but it was no big deal when they lost as I knew they weren't contenders.  

Now we have that elite QB.  After 13 seconds (and the offseason that followed) I again emotionally divested myself from this organization because they refuse to give that elite QB any help.  What's more, 13 seconds was such an egregious coaching miscalculation that someone other than a scapegoat should have lost their job.  13 seconds was the equivalent of answering the question, "what is 2+2?"  McDermott/Frazier answered with 5.  If any one of us was in a career position for 20+ years and so badly failed at something so basic we embarrassed the company on a national stage, we would be fired on the spot.  The Bills instead gave McDermott/Frazier more toys on Defense to play with.  

I've heard 3 years ago that we can't beat KC because they have Kelce and Hill.  Then this year we can't beat Cincy because they have 3 terrific passing weapons.   Instead of trying to acquire similar talent, the enormous egos running this organization thinks their defensive schemes are so much better than any other teams that that alone can stop them.  When we continually see evidence to the contrary. 

So until this organization stops wasting a generational talent by asking him to be Superman every game and actually come up with a better defensive scheme than rushing 4, dropping 7 on near every play, I will watch and again hope they win but know they are not real contenders.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Through the depths of the drought, I've never seen so much whining and anger and lashing out as what goes on daily on this board right now. Not everybody is guilty of this—there are a good number of eminently sane people who post here frequently—but the percentage of people acting like three-year-olds having temper tantrums is as high or higher than it has ever been.

I went away for the last weeks since the loss to the Bengals thinking that of course people are going to act out their disappointment; it's natural, I thought, let them get it out of their system. But it's as bad this morning as ever. I've tried blocking the worst offenders but the list would be too long to comprehend at this point. If the Bills were to take one fifth of the hysterical suggestions that are made every hour on this board, they would be out of the playoffs for the next twenty years. 

I realize this is likely my problem, not yours. So I'm giving it a pass at least until the draft, and maybe until training camp.

The problem in this forum and with Bills fans in general is #emotionalism 

12 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Counterpoint..people like the op and those who agree with him/her are the worst kinds of fans. If we win, awesome. If we lose.. it's okay it's just football, go take care of your family. Just the worst kind of condescending, gatekeeping bs that is the real poison . You're starting a thread complaining about other people complaining. Who's the real loser here?

If a game doesn't affect you the way it does other fans, then why do you even need to post this here? Beyond that, wtf else are we supposed to be discussing here the week of the super bowl knowing that we could easily have been playing in this game?

Some of you have perspective that you believe the rest of us lack. Nonsense, but you do you. Pat yourself on the back. Also know this though, if and when the Bills finally do win it all, it'll feel much better to those of us who are that emotionally invested in them compared to y'all in the level-headed brigade.

Wow #emotionalism

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Gotten plenty off it, thank you.  I'm glad you think anyone who's opinions differ from yours, individuals that think this team showed critical flaws that need addressing, are toxic, overreacting people.  I almost empithised with you, until that last line.

This is a forum.  We are allowed to voice our opinions, even if they differ from yours.  Some of us are sick of the drop-off from regular-season performance to playoff performance.  Especially on defense.  And we have a right to both feel and express that.  Equally as much as you have the right to think this season died to circumstances both too numerous and serious to overcome.  I may strongly disagree with that mindset, but I would never begrudge or backhand insult anyone having it.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Counterpoint..people like the op and those who agree with him/her are the worst kinds of fans. If we win, awesome. If we lose.. it's okay it's just football, go take care of your family. Just the worst kind of condescending, gatekeeping bs that is the real poison . You're starting a thread complaining about other people complaining. Who's the real loser here?

If a game doesn't affect you the way it does other fans, then why do you even need to post this here? Beyond that, wtf else are we supposed to be discussing here the week of the super bowl knowing that we could easily have been playing in this game?

Some of you have perspective that you believe the rest of us lack. Nonsense, but you do you. Pat yourself on the back. Also know this though, if and when the Bills finally do win it all, it'll feel much better to those of us who are that emotionally invested in them compared to y'all in the level-headed brigade.

If by emotionally invested, do you mean crying like a little three year old all off-season?

we are all upset after a loss the difference between that and the fan they can get up for the next season is not thinking that the whole team sucks because they didn’t achieve the ultimate goal

This team went 13 and three. They are not a bad team. Those are not bad coaches. Those are not bad players Josh Allen doesn’t suck Diggs does not need to be traded. We shouldn’t fire our first year offensive coordinator. McD has the best record of any coach of this team since Marv Levy.  Brandon bean is an excellent GM.

Thinking that you’re crying is some kind of badge of courage is what is really the worst of fans

suck it up buttercup

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Stuartjohn said:

Shaw-have you watched McDermotts in game decisions last 5 years? How about last year-13 seconds- this year in the divisional round- andYou think he’s a Top 5 Coach……LOL!

I doubt there are five coaches who have won as much, and winning isn what its about.  

I will ask again, this time to anyone who thinks Frazier is a great coach.  Look at only the playoff numbers from his tenure.  Not regular season, playoffs.  They are horrific.  Not just one year.  Multiple years.  All of them.

Are you okay with a DC that will do fantastically in the regular season only to underperform and flame out in the playofffs?  It's like recording a painful football game, then rewatching it, hoping they win this time.  And when they don't, you watch the recording again because this time you've got a good feeling about it and gosh darn it, they were so close they just gotta win this time!

Frazier has made it crystal clear what kind of DC he is, and that's perfectly fine if you want to crush the regular season.  Me?  I'd like an actual shot at a Super Bowl title.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dancing_joker said:

Andy Reid

Bill Belichick

John Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Kyle Shanahan 

Pete Carroll 

Sean McVay

Even Mike Tomlin could be on that list. He won a Super Bowl. 

Ahhhh yes, Kyle Shanahan, the guy who has won as many super bowls as McDermott. The guy who actually lost the game for Atlanta because as an OC he refused to run the ball. The guy who choked when he was up 10 on the Chiefs….yeah that guy definitely deserves to be ranked above McDermott. At least the other guys on that list have a Super Bowl (although it’s been a while for most of them)

There are many things more important than the Buffalo Bills. I've invested my life in pursuing them. At the same time, I have also spent untold hours thinking about and rooting for the football team from Western New York. I've been a fan for over fifty years. I'd like to see a SB win in my lifetime. Aside from trolls who I despise because of their dishonesty and the fact that they exist to dump on the team and fans of that team, I believe one should tolerate the full spectrum of genuine fans. A fella like Scott Law tends to see the flaws, but he's a real fan (not a Jets fan in disguise) -- and he's often correct in the flaws he recognizes. There are others who see the positive. Logic usually makes a good case for why there is hope. Neither is wrong.

At this particular moment, I'm disgusted with our recent playoff performances. I feel we are wasting Josh Allen's early prime and Stefon Diggs mid to late prime. Frazier does appear a liability in the post-season. The drafts have been mediocre, too many resources have been poured into a defense that underperforms when it counts most and Josh has not been given the weapons and especially the oline protection that would maximize his capacity to play well and contribute to winning a SB. You want to call that assessment toxic, have at it. If you're bored enough, go search my posting history. I'm generally one of those who leans "homer." 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There are many things more important than the Buffalo Bills. I've invested my life in pursuing them. At the same time, I have also spent untold hours thinking about and rooting for the football team from Western New York. I've been a fan for over fifty years. I'd like to see a SB win in my lifetime. Aside from trolls who I despise because of their dishonesty and the fact that they exist to dump on the team and fans of that team, I believe one should tolerate the full spectrum of genuine fans. A fella like Scott Law tends to see the flaws, but he's a real fan (not a Jets fan in disguise) -- and he's often correct in the flaws he recognizes. There are others who see the positive. Logic usually makes a good case for why there is hope. Neither is wrong.

At this particular moment, I'm disgusted with our recent playoff performances. I feel we are wasting Josh Allen's early prime and Stefon Diggs mid to late prime. Frazier does appear a liability in the post-season. The drafts have been mediocre, too many resources have been poured into a defense that underperforms when it counts most and Josh has not been given the weapons and especially the oline protection that would maximize his capacity to play well and contribute to winning a SB. You want to call that assessment toxic, have at it. If you're bored enough, go search my posting history. I'm generally one of those who leans "homer." 

Be careful.  Your logical dose of reality is sure to trigger some people.  Sometimes the truth hurts. You sir are spot on.  

Edited by <bills4life>
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, uticaclub said:

People need an outlet. There's those that aren't satisfied with just making the playoffs anymore and those fans that are content. 

It's comments like these that drive me crazy.  No one- I repeat no one-- is "satisfied Just making the playoffs." The implication of these posts is that I whine because I have higher standards and am more discerning than the rest of you.  Fact is, whiners gonna whine.

20 hours ago, HappyDays said:

For me personally my frustration stems from the fact that we finally have an elite QB after a two decade wait and the prime of his career is going to be gone before we know it. So the stakes have gotten much higher. I suspect that many fans feel the same way, consciously or not. The 13 seconds debacle was the epitome of this - our QB had arguably the greatest performance in playoff history but got screwed over by his coaches and teammates (mainly on the defense). So everything is coming to a head now and yes frustrations are boiling over.

two words.  Heath Farwell.   McDermott gets Coach of the Year forever for the restraint of not throwing that incompetent under the bus for that magnificent screw up.  

20 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It’s not a problem with this message board, it’s a problem with the fan base and it’s totally understandable.

After a very long history of failure (my entire adult life as I’m 37 years old), there is finally excitement and hope again.

Any time that hope is dashed, the feelings are amplified. People feel like THIS is our one and only chance… and perhaps rightfully so.

A little bit of understanding and grace will go a long way in just enjoying this historic moment we’re currently in.

What is historic about this moment?

What’s poisonous about people sharing their opinions / predictions of the future? Many on here are perfectly content to win lots of regular season games and lose in the playoffs, believing that after so many years of 7-9 that it’s a whole lot better to be ‘competitive’. Others have grown weary of simply being competitive and are anxious to change things up (take a risk or two) to get to the next level. Seems like an open and honest debate to me. So…as for me…I’m in the second camp. Having been a fan for SIXTY years, I’m ready to roll the dice. The Team has their QB. It’s time to change some things around him. What they’ve been doing for the last half decade is nice, for sure, but it is NOT the goal. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, dancing_joker said:

Andy Reid

Bill Belichick

John Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Kyle Shanahan 

Pete Carroll 

Sean McVay

Even Mike Tomlin could be on that list. He won a Super Bowl. 

What's this a list of coaches with worst records than McDermott??  I assume that is what this list is as if you looked it up you'd find that every name on the list has a worse record than McD with the exception of Belichick and technically Reid.  But Reid has a winning percentage of .641, McD is .639 which is an overall difference of one win more liketime.  With the exception of Shanahan, they've all won one SB and some have better playoff records, but  if you take the one year away that they won the SB as they went at least 3-0, their overall playoff isn't any better either.

This is a pretty impressive list of names, but none of which have done any better than McD except Belichick overall except they won one SB each.  I do think winning the SB is a bit of luck involved, the biggest is avoid large number of injuries,  timing i.e. peaking at the right time, matchups, Bills likely would have had a better shot at beating KC than Bengals, and just a bit of luck overall.

As to the original point of this thread, I think one of the issues that magnifies everything is the internet.  Imagine what this board would have been like 30 years ago when the Bills lost 4 in a row if everyone had easy access to the internet and there were as many sites to go to for data and information as there is today.  People would have been rioting in the streets.

Don't forget too that the word fans is short for fanatics which is what we all are.  Anyone who posts on message boards 12 months of the year, 7 of which there aren't even any games going on is a fanatic.  So as fanatics we're not the most rational thinkers as it's emotional.  We likely are more emotional than many of the players are as to them it's a job, many of which weren't even o nthe team last year and many won't be here again next season.    Most here rip the media that covers the team, they don't know anything, they're wrong, if they rip a Bills player they are scorned, etc.  But one thing they are for the most part is unbiased.  When you read many of their articles, they are much more rational takes on things overall than many posters here.

21 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I know we're all very disappointed on how the season ended, but I enjoyed watching most of the games this season.  It is great to be a Bill's fan. They have great talent and anything is possible. I think back on those depressed years and remember being happy when they were able to score a touchdown or two.  Super excited when they actually won a game.  Now I'm happy we have a team that we can be proud of.

Agreed.   After 20 years of suck, they are competitive in every game, likely to win 3 out of 4 ... as long as McBeanes focus on roster improvement and avoid the shiny objects, this will continue for the next 10+ years.   If I can have this, plus an extended Patriots drought, I am good with that... plus they'll be in the SB hunt every year.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.