"80 for Brady"

Sargent Hulka

4 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Seeing incessant ads for this movie, with Jane Fonda, Sally Field, Tom Brady. Make it stop!

Do you think disseminating it even more will make it stop?

C'mon Big Toe, I hadn't seen hardly anything til you made me think about it now! :lol:

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Seeing incessant ads for this movie, with Jane Fonda, Sally Field, Tom Brady. Make it stop!

Yeah I hate it when these movie companies promote their movies so people know when it’s coming out!!! Anger anger grrrr

my kid does the same thing when he wants me to go to his games, always telling me when they are and stuff! 

was this the response you were looking for? Too much? Not enough? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Make it go away...please

Seriously, this movie will not be around that long.  The demographic is not wide enough to support broad appeal (unless it's old broads like me).  People are not going to the movies as much as it is.  

Now if "it" refers to Brady...I whole heartedly agree.

44 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Nothing more than a modern day

GOLDEN Girls....can't wait

Except those characters had humor and charm that I’m not expecting out of this cast. I think it could be alright if that were the case, but I expect it to be nothing more than an easy payday for these actresses. Another fun fact, most of the characters on the Golden Girls were supposed to be in their fifties. 

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Considering the entire cast including Brady is pushing 80 so it makes sense 

Actually, the only one "pushing 80" is Sally Field at 76.  The others are well past: Lilly Tomlin is 83, Jane Fonda is 85 and RIta Moreno is 91.

Edited by Buftex

14 hours ago, Airseven said:

I bet this will be better than expected. Brady is smart. This’ll be witty and self-deprecating.

I saw something on Twitter that the early reviews are absolutely terrible. Litterally saying one of the worst movies of the last year 

5 hours ago, Buftex said:

Actually, the only one "pushing 80" is Sally Field at 76.  The others are well past: Lilly Tomlin is 83, Jane Fonda is 85 and RIta Moreno is 91.

I honestly don’t know what to do with this information. Since it is based on a true story maybe you can give us a movie review for accuracy of the events as well. 

20 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

I keep trying to figure out what demographic this movie was made for? It’s seems quite bizarre…I’m shocked a major studio gave the “green light” on this project…

Edited by JaCrispy

22 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Except those characters had humor and charm that I’m not expecting out of this cast. I think it could be alright if that were the case, but I expect it to be nothing more than an easy payday for these actresses. Another fun fact, most of the characters on the Golden Girls were supposed to be in their fifties. 

And I salute these actresses for it.  Male actors are allowed to age and still remain studs and get starring roles.  Not for female actors.  They are reduced to character roles or supporting roles as the mother, the matron, the grandmother, etc.  All of them are fine actresses as well, who have given us some memorable performances.  

47 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

And I salute these actresses for it.  Male actors are allowed to age and still remain studs and get starring roles.  Not for female actors.  They are reduced to character roles or supporting roles as the mother, the matron, the grandmother, etc.  All of them are fine actresses as well, who have given us some memorable performances.  

You’re not wrong, but I could make the argument this role reduces them. I understand what you’re getting at, but I’m not sure if any male star has been considered a “stud” at 80 plus. Actors of both genders are unfortunately reduced to age related roles after that point in their career. I think what you’re getting at is fair, but I’m not sure if this movie is the best example of empowerment. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

You’re not wrong, but I could make the argument this role reduces them, if we’re getting into analysis. I understand what you’re getting at, but I’m not sure if any male star has been considered a “stud” at 80 plus. Actors of both genders are unfortunately reduced to age related roles after that point in their career. I think what you’re getting at is fair, but I’m not sure if this movie is the best example. 

I don't think this film reduces them since the story is based in reality.  Perhaps stud was the wrong choice of word.  Aged male actors however get cast as romantic leads to much younger leading ladies.  

28 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't think this film reduces them since the story is based in reality.  Perhaps stud was the wrong choice of word.  Aged male actors however get cast as romantic leads to much younger leading ladies.  

True, I think all I was getting at in my post is how little hope I have for this movie to contain any redeeming qualities. It seems like a theme that’s been done before, and it needs some element of humor to work. I’m sure they’ll try, and some people will like it, but these aren’t actresses I see making me laugh much. Betty White would have been great in this type of role, if the movie involved anyone but Brady. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.