Josh looked really defeated in his press conference.

bostonadguy

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I can envision a 30 for 30 some day about the wasted talent of Josh Allen with Buffalo.  How he was on the rise, made amazing plays, but coaching, personnel decisions, etc. relegated him to a passing memory.  Classic Bills stuff.

Considering Josh had a hand in today’s loss too, I doubt there will be a 30 for 30 on this. If he was the best qb in the league and that happens, maybe, but he’s not. So it won’t. 

13 minutes ago, arcane said:

It's easier to handle when you never had a shot. Every single Bills player saw what we did, by the time we were an hour into the game. I also felt far less pain today than last year or the year before

Speak for yourself… they’ve probably already blown their best shots at a ring. It’s only going to get harder with the cap aging vets and lack of emerging high draft picks. 

that stinks 

• Agree 2

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Tell that to Gwen Stefani who is 53 

I don't know that many people, but I know 5x as many women who are facing crippling depression for the next several decades of their lives because they thought they could wait, than I know women who successfully had children at an age like that. I'm not claiming that outliers don't exist, but don't pretend they are the rule. 

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I don't know that many people, but I know 5x as many women who are facing crippling depression for the next several decades of their lives because they thought they could wait, than I know women who successfully had children at an age like that. I'm not claiming that outliers don't exist, but don't pretend they are the rule. 

I know women who have children well into their 40s it isn’t the abnormality you think it is anymore 

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Yeah cause he’s watching Brock Purdy that last few weeks and questioning WTF are we doing?! Pick 265 is balling out in an awesome offense with weapons everywhere an Oline that can play…. Not to mention an offensive genius…. 

The SF coach is just beyond excellent. His decision making bad play calling is top notch.

Allen talked about Hines run back(s) against the Pats like it was divine intervention, or fate or whatever you want to call it.  Romo said it too.  We all kind of thought it too.  Completely emotionally draining season and how do you expect him to react in a post game press conference?   What’s normal given the recent past?   Who knows because it’s unprecedented.  Give the guy a break.  Give the team a break.  I’m going to try to step back and try to show patience for once and see how the offseason goes.  

26 minutes ago, goober said:

Allen talked about Hines run back(s) against the Pats like it was divine intervention, or fate or whatever you want to call it.  Romo said it too.  We all kind of thought it too.  Completely emotionally draining season and how do you expect him to react in a post game press conference?   What’s normal given the recent past?   Who knows because it’s unprecedented.  Give the guy a break.  Give the team a break.  I’m going to try to step back and try to show patience for once and see how the offseason goes.  

Josh had an intense spiritual revelation very recently. He was earnest about it on one of his Brandt appearances, to the point where he was trying to convey the degree he was impacted by it while also balancing it by trying not to come off as a weirdo or be seen as "one of those religious goofballs" or something. But yeah that can have a pretty big impact on a person, and take some time to sort through and come to grips with. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Considering Josh had a hand in today’s loss too, I doubt there will be a 30 for 30 on this. If he was the best qb in the league and that happens, maybe, but he’s not. So it won’t. 

Did Allen have a hand in today's loss?  Sure it wasn't Allen's best game but I thought he played very well.  In fact I saw a number of great passes and a couple of good runs.  I also saw Allen running for his life on half his drop backs.  And I saw a perfectly thrown 50 yard pass go right through the hands of Davis - again.

Allen is already considered the most physically gifted QB in the NFL.  And an increasing number of analysts are noticing the Bills poor O line play and lack of any play makers beyond Diggs. And the whispers are turning into shouts about how teams that have defensive minded coaches aren't doing to well in the current NFL.

• Agree 2

Some may disagree….

This game hurt our image. Players see and hear things. I don’t really think this is the “player now want to come to Buffalo “ anymore.  Things are messy. Someone said we are stale. 100% true. Direction unknown and coaches that just don’t scream championship.

39 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I will say it again. Any time Josh Allen wants to take a $10M a year pay cut he can choose the WR or O-Lineman he wants that money to be spent on.

Hate on Tom Brady for a lot of things, but he regularly took a yearly cap hit of 15-17M something like 65% of the highest paid QB. 

No way dude. He would probably give it to Feliciano!

38 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I will say it again. Any time Josh Allen wants to take a $10M a year pay cut he can choose the WR or O-Lineman he wants that money to be spent on.

Hate on Tom Brady for a lot of things, but he regularly took a yearly cap hit of 15-17M something like 65% of the highest paid QB. 

And how many other QBs does this? I wouldn’t have put it past the Pats to circumvent the salary cap and compensate Brady in other ways. So for me Brady is the exception and not the standard which other QBs can be judged.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

And how many other QBs does this? I wouldn’t have put it past the Pats to circumvent the salary cap and compensate Brady in other ways. So for me Brady is the exception and not the standard which other QBs can be judged.

The exception has 7 rings? Maybe it’s worth considering? Is 35M a year and endorsements not enough to squeak by on?

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

At the end of the day, does anyone that's watched how this team operates truthfully expect them to make both or either of these changes? That's the most depressing thing today for me.  More depressing than the game itself.  What I expect to hear over and over is how the team failed to "execute" what they'll say was a good game plan.  Ugh..  

I hope not … because that means it will take the owners probably 3 more years to grow the balls to fire McDermott. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Josh needs smarter OC 

DC needs new blood. 

first game this year that was a true big L vs close. 

josh is like a 35 yr old single woman who knows her time for babies is ending

1)  I'd say Josh needs more talent on offense first.    His offensive personnel just doesn't match up.   If Ken Dorsey had won the SB he'd have been the first rookie OC to win a SB since Mike Holmgren in the late 80's.......for a 49ers team that was the defending champs.............so it's extremely difficult for any 1st time OC to be his best self.

2) Agree on DC.  Unless Frazier can be counted on to be more multiple, he needs to move on.   They've gotten to the point where everyone knows exactly how the Bills are going to respond to what the offense shows them..........and teams that execute well can carve it up.   As you get later in the season,  more teams start to execute well.    So it's not proven to be a playoff caliber defense.    Time to adjust and I also don't think they can do that when so much of what they do is avoiding coming out of nickel and keeping blockers off the uninstinctive Edmunds.    They've boxed themselves in.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Some may disagree….

This game hurt our image. Players see and hear things. I don’t really think this is the “player now want to come to Buffalo “ anymore.  Things are messy. Someone said we are stale. 100% true. Direction unknown and coaches that just don’t scream championship.

I said the same thing aloud after the game…but after stepping back, the way Hamlin’s crisis was handled I hope the organization still has a ton of respect because of its commitment to its players and team being family …so although any other year with the season ending this way I’d be an angry d#ck now I’m really trying to have more perspective.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Some may disagree….

Eh. By March, the dollars are flying, the memories of last season fade into the past, and guys will still want to come play with Allen, Diggs, Miller. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, goober said:

I said the same thing aloud after the game…but after stepping back, the way Hamlin’s crisis was handled I hope the organization still has a ton of respect because of its commitment to its players and team being family …so although any other year with the season ending this way I’d be an angry d#ck now I’m really trying to have more perspective.  

That’s a good point. I just think at the end of the day. The Bills became less attractive this year.

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Yeah cause he’s watching Brock Purdy that last few weeks and questioning WTF are we doing?! Pick 265 is balling out in an awesome offense with weapons everywhere an Oline that can play…. Not to mention an offensive genius…. 

Sure would be nice to have those things. We have Josh and Diggs. The OL play has been really bad. 

And that's part of why we absolutely love him.

Josh should feel devastated and I'm not remotely upset for Diggs sprinting out of the building. Those 2 players have been relied upon to carry the team the whole season.

Honestly, if I were Josh I'd be looking at the Bengals on the other sideline wondering why that team is so loaded and deep while we are not.

Ironic that the Bills were being touted as the most talented team in the league preseason, isn't it?

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sure would be nice to have those things. We have Josh and Diggs. The OL play has been really bad. 

Then what does Dorsey do when the defense takes Diggs away??!! Right he does nothing. And fans are mad at Diggs for being pissed off….. this happened all year long in multiple games. Defenses would take him away and Dorsey had no clue how to get his playmaker the ball.

BS that’s his job!!!!

14 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Then what does Dorsey do when the defense takes Diggs away??!! Right he does nothing. And fans are mad at Diggs for being pissed off….. this happened all year long in multiple games. Defenses would take him away and Dorsey had no clue how to get his playmaker the ball.

BS that’s his job!!!!

It definitely is his job , and he failed in that department. Teams adjusted their defensive strategy and he never found answers. Diggs frustration is understandable. The Bills missed Daboll, if not in pure stats then in creativity. The Bills could use an offensive genius for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It definitely is his job , and he failed in that department. Teams adjusted their defensive strategy and he never found answers. Diggs frustration is understandable. The Bills missed Daboll, if not in pure stats then in creativity. The Bills could use an offensive genius for sure. 

OC Dorsey is a good play caller but lacking in imagination. He will undoubtably be better year 2 over year 1. 

5 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

We  need that system here

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There’s a former Bills backup QB out there with HC experience. Bring him home and let him take the offense to the next level 

im not opposed to that but i would really want Sean Payton here but dont know if his ego will allow him to be an OC here

5 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Probably defeated realizing his prime years are being burned by having lack of quality OC, talent on offense and a defense that is useless in the playoffs. This team needs a big shakeup

The problem is Allen is the one who picked the OC that was kind of messed up but really it's a reflection on McD. He should have known better. Allen needs an OC that can hold him accountable and help him grow, like Daboll and not a guy he hand-picked himself for the job who obviously didn't push josh to the next level.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Honestly, if I were Josh I'd be looking at the Bengals on the other sideline wondering why that team is so loaded and deep while we are not.

Because Burrow tore his ACL thus leading to a higher draft pick - Chase.  

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ironic that the Bills were being touted as the most talented team in the league preseason, isn't it?

If Hyde and Miller played maybe this game is different - people underestimate the feeling in game that hits “they’re better then us” when you see their playmakers vs yours and there is a gap.   

I believe coaching can fix that but I feel like these coaches thought the same dam thing.  

“We’re not as good as them.”

We gave them too much respect they gave us none.   

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

That’s a good point. I just think at the end of the day. The Bills became less attractive this year.

100% it's undeniable. That's because they didn't evolve, they didn't advance. They just 'ran it back' and came up with the same disappointment in the end. They changed nothing they are not dynamic they are predictable they are not clever at all their schemes have been solved and they had no answers. 

It's very, very disappointing since these opportunities these windows do not just stay open forever they come around and you have to capture them and the bills are squandering allens best years.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

also, just call it a gut feeling based on the way Burrow has acted since the day he won the heisman. He will give the bengals a nice hometown discount, on his extension.

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There’s a former Bills backup QB out there with HC experience. Bring him home and let him take the offense to the next level 

It would be amazing to see what Reich could do with Josh and this offense. It’s hard for me to see a realistic path to this happening though. 

As for today and Josh’s presser… it’s all very strange. Aside from the obvious disappointment, the whole mood around the team seemed weird. We can tear down the scheme and the X’s and O’s (and it’s all valid) but this team put forth very little effort today. If they made contact with Mixon he carried them for another 10 yards. There was no ability to bring any receivers down at all. The OLine was on skates. It looked like they had no interest in winning whatsoever. 

McDermott was asked about the lack of energy in the presser and sort of sluffed it off and attributed it to the Bengals opening drive and getting into a rhythm early taking them out of the game a little bit. Even Josh in the postgame made a comment about “you can’t win them all” which sounded a little off key to me. I love Josh and I am in no way saying he doesn’t leave everything out on the field. 

We all had concerns about them not playing their best down the stretch, but this was a bizarre let down across the board.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.