Chargers @ Jaguars Playoff Game Thread (i.e. NOT a Bills thread;-)

Simon

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

AFC QB hierarchy

Tier 1: Allen, Mahomes

Tier 2: Burrow (I can't put him in Tier 1 but he's above Tier 3. Spot reserved for Lawrence)

Tier 3: Lawrence, Herbert 

I'd say:

Tier 1: Mahomes

Tier 2: Allen, Burrow

Tier 3: Lamar, Lawrence

Tier 4: Herbert

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Breaking news Colin Cowherd defends Herbert on Monday

And Nick Wright claims Mahomes faced more formidable offenses in the AFC West like Russell Wilson and Derek Carr, and that the only reason Herbert s the bed was the fact he ate a bad burrito on flight to Jax. 

5 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Staley had some good calls last year going for it on 4th down. I think Herbert isn't as good as advertised. He has a bunch of elite weapons around him: Allen, Williams and Ekeler and yet whenever I've watched him I've never seen him make a lot of WOW plays. He seems to be a poor man's Josh Allen

Man that’s a great point. Can you imagine Josh with those weapons 😳

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What year was Allen in when he played awesome in the playoffs? It wasn’t his second and (truly asking) has Allen ever had a half where he absolutely stunk and then came back and was one of the main reasons they win that game?  What Lawrence did was special and shows the kid is mentally tough something rare about that now.

I think it is MORE special when you don't suck for half a game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s just as well I guess… the Chargers showed who they are; choke artists extraordinaire. They’ve got talent, but if they somehow got a lead vs KC they’d surely find a way to blow it. Maybe Jags have a punchers chance as they have a better HC than Staley. 

Im actually happy the Jags won. Everyone in KC kept saying we don’t want the Chargers bc of divisional opponent. But the Chargers defense is garbage and the Jags offense can be just as explosive and they have a better D. Let them be happy they got the Jags. Pederson is leading a dangerous team. I like their chances a lot. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

On the 4 yard line.. why aren’t you running your stud RB 3 times to get the TD? Why are you even throwing it? Eat time off the clock and score a TD on the ground!  That’s coaching.. trust me I’ve seen a lot of bad O coaching that there was Patricia bad!

The fact that the Chargers managed 67 rush yds on 23 carries, may have had something to do with it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

He had 7 touchdowns on 7 drives against your pats in sub artic temperatures.

Does that count for anything?

Didn’t answer the question? So I will for you. He got those numbers in year 4 a seasoned vet.. not Year 2. He also did it with a heck of a lot more talent around him.  Meanwhile a fairer comparison would be in his first playoff game the Bills choked away a big lead and lost in OT. The Bills were not ready Yet. Allan wasn’t ready yet! It took him another year and season be ready.  

I don’t understand why some bills fans feel

so threatened when you say another QB looks damn good and may be special.. like we spit in your soup or something.  Both QBs can be special! Doesn’t make Allen worse or. Anything. 

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What year was Allen in when he played awesome in the playoffs? It wasn’t his second and (truly asking) has Allen ever had a half where he absolutely stunk and then came back and was one of the main reasons they win that game?  What Lawrence did was special and shows the kid is mentally tough something rare about that now.

I don’t ever really know what to say. You realize Josh accounts for like 85% of our offense? He is the main reason we win every game. 

Now that we’ve analyzed that, let me go check on the mental toughness of the guy who was rejected from every D1 school out of HS and then rejected by every D1 school but 1 out of JUCO 😂

• Like (+1) 1

if we’re taking out the retirement boys in Rodgers and Brady

Tier 1: Allen, Burrow and Mahomes

Tier 3: Herbert

Tier 4: Lawrence, Hurts, Goff, healthy Lamar

watch the game more closely. It was Doug Peterson’s greatness as a coach. Lawrence did not play well. He may have flashed but he needs to be more consistent and I’m hoping it comes as soon as next week Vs the Chiefs

Edited by NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Didn’t answer the question? So I will for you. He got those numbers in year 4 a seasoned vet.. not Year 2. He also did it with a heck of a lot more talent around him.  Meanwhile a fairer comparison would be in his first playoff game the Bills choked away a big lead and lost in OT. The Bills were not ready Yet. Allan wasn’t ready yet! It took him another year and season be ready.  

I don’t understand why some bills fans feel

so threatened when you say another QB looks damn good and may be special.. like we spit in your soup or something.  Both QBs can be special! Doesn’t make Allen worse or. Anything. 

I don’t feel threatened at all.

Lawrence is very good and I think he has the potential to be elite.

But he’s not in the same tier as Josh, Mahomes and Burrow.

Maybe one day, but he’s not there yet 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That first half by Lawrence, playing at home against an average defense, was beyond terrible.  Allen has never had a half that bad. All credit is due the guy for leading a great comeback but against the Bengals, Bills & Chiefs the game would be over at half if Lawrence throws 4 INT's.

Thanks! This proves the kids mental toughness! Nothing more.  Lawrence by all rights is in a rookie year after having such terrible coaching last year set him back. Kid is only going to get better and smarter.. hopefully they get him O line help as he was under duress most of the first half 

• Like (+1) 1

That was a fantastic victory from a team that’s top 5 for the formidable future.  They probably have the best D left in the playoffs. Very dominant 2nd half. The perfectly built team to knock off the Chiefs. Bills fans should be thrilled. Glad we won’t see them next round.

Edited by Governor

5 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I'd say:

Tier 1: Mahomes

Tier 2: Allen, Burrow

Tier 3: Lamar, Lawrence

Tier 4: Herbert

Mahomes has won a SB and is more regular season consistent game to game than Allen.  Allen has a level nobody else can reach when he’s on.  That’s the difference between them. 

Burrow was a game manager for their entire run in the post-season last year and has significantly more talent around him than most in the league. 

Allen/Mahomes

Burrow

Lawrence

Herbert/Lamar

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

When they were up 27-0 I said “there is no way they are going to Charger this game.” I switched over to the Sabres game and when that was over I switched back and it was 30-20 

I did the same thing with the Oilers game lol. Changed at the same score as well!

Edited by AlfaBill

4 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Man... assuming no upsets: Bills play the Bengals and the Chiefs get the Jags!? Wow... that 1 seed they were gifted was super important

We knew they’d likely get the LAC/ JAX winner: no surprise there. It’s very possible the Bills would have been looking at CIN on the road if the BUF/ CIN had been made up. Would that have been preferable? The Chiefs did win their games so it’s hard to say they didn’t earn it. I’d love for the Bills to have gotten the #1 , but they didn’t make up the game and weren’t going too regardless of the consequences. If they were ok with that then so am I. 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I don’t feel threatened at all.

Lawrence is very good and I think he has the potential to be elite.

But he’s not in the same tier as Josh, Mahomes and Burrow.

Maybe one day, but he’s not there yet 

Definitely not in their class yet! But his progress is amazing and surprising! I thought they ruined him after last season, glad to see I was wrong. 

Sorry if I sounded harsh but so many people get upset lately just saying someone looks good. I was impressed and shocked by his second half!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

Mahomes has won a SB and is more regular season consistent game to game than Allen.  Allen has a level nobody else can reach when he’s on.  That’s the difference between them. 

Burrow was a game manager for their entire run in the post-season last year and has significantly more talent around him than most in the league. 

Allen/Mahomes

Burrow

Lawrence

Herbert/Lamar

Mahomes was handed a loaded team. Allen was not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Im actually happy the Jags won. Everyone in KC kept saying we don’t want the Chargers bc of divisional opponent. But the Chargers defense is garbage and the Jags offense can be just as explosive and they have a better D. Let them be happy they got the Jags. Pederson is leading a dangerous team. I like their chances a lot. 

Free money in the playoffs is dangerous. Pederson knows Reid inside and out. He started at QB for the first half of McNabb's rookie season under Reid.

Between Pederson and McDermott, the roosters are coming home to roost

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Thanks! This proves the kids mental toughness! Nothing more.  Lawrence by all rights is in a rookie year after having such terrible coaching last year set him back. Kid is only going to get better and smarter.. hopefully they get him O line help as he was under duress most of the first half 

Bro he played at Clemson with some of the best coaching in the entire world. He played with hundreds of thousands of fans watching on some of the biggest stages ever. Give me a break with your ball washing. 

He’s a great QB… my point wasn’t that he was bad. It’s the fact that a 4 pick first half would have people screaming Josh is reckless regardless of if he mounted a comeback. He’s had to scratch and claw to get the respect and Lawrence digs himself a huge hole, works out of it (impressive for sure!) but that alone puts him in the same tier as Mahomes? 

***** stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Mahomes was handed a loaded team. Allen was not. 

Completely agree.  Good chance Allen has a ring if our coaches/defense didn’t inexplicably let him down last year, but it is what it is.  Until he gets one, Mahomes will have the leg up for many due to the Super Bowl win.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

That was a fantastic victory from a team that’s top 5 for the formidable future.  They probably have the best D left in the playoffs. Very dominant 2nd half. The perfectly built team to knock off the Chiefs. Bills fans should be thrilled. Glad we won’t see them next round.

we will if the Ravens can pull off the unthinkable!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.