Florio: Brady to the Dolphins "Definitely on the Table"

Nextmanup

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Really? Brady has played over 20 freaking years! And outside of 2008 he has been the Cal Ripken of the NFL.  Tua in 4 years gets put on IR getting out of bed in the morning. Now FTR I don't fear Brady at this point but in a timing based offense where he gets rid the ball faster than anyone he would be a significant upgrade over Tua in Miami.

Of course it's JMHO...

If healthy and playing Miami, I’d rather have Tua than Brady.  Yes. I would.  I don’t like I’ve seen from Brady this year. He’s getting to an age where I would think he would regress soon and I think he’s regressed some this year.  Next year, maybe even more.  New system to learn.  Bad OLine.  No mobility.  

but Tua likely won’t be healthy, so I get the interest. I just think Tua is the better guy if healthy 

Edited by NewEra

Please please please happen. Since the SB, he has ruined TB, now he can go and make Miami worse. He is more than washed up. I would love to see him in Miami. The funny thing is he will prolly spank Dallas. Just cause Dak is a major big game flop.

Edited by Bubba Gump

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ok how about Rosen? And Darnold? 

Rosen had a meh rookie year and they drafted another QB who will fizzle out as well.  Darnold didn’t look awful as a Panther, no franchise WB but a damn good backup..(ruined by the Jets) Sometimes teams stink at drafting QBs.  See Chicago, Jets, Browns, Lions. Etc..  

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.  

Of course.

Of course.

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady ranked 30th in yards per pass, or yards per attempt.

The reason he had so many passing yards and so many attempts is that Tampa is totally 1 dimensional and cannot run the football and only passes. 

It's dink and dunk, aside from a few deep passes to Mike Evans in the Carolina game. 

No doubt, but with waddle and hill, that might be enough for them to be competitive. Those guys are a threat if hit in stride everytime they touch the ball.

Of course.

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady ranked 30th in yards per pass, or yards per attempt.

The reason he had so many passing yards and so many attempts is that Tampa is totally 1 dimensional and cannot run the football and only passes. 

It's dink and dunk, aside from a few deep passes to Mike Evans in the Carolina game. 

No doubt, but with waddle and hill, that might be enough for them to be competitive. Those guys are a threat if hit in stride everytime they touch the ball.

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think Tua is the better qb at this point….but his future seems to be in doubt. Might be a good move for a year maybe 2. 

I don’t see any world, ever , where Tua is better than Brady. Give Brady some protection, that O with that speed, and he will get the ball out quickly to those guys and it’s a challenge beating them.   That coach will actually work with and listen to Brady.  He turned Tua around, imagine what he could do with Brady’s cerebral  talent and accuracy. You don’t compare Tua to a guy with 6 SB wins and put Brady with a guy who can get the best out of him!  I am sick of dealing with Brady, they almost took two from us with Tua, let the other conference deal with him. Why chance another year or two off Josh’s career ; we are not dominating the conference as it is if you hadn’t noticed with mahomes, burrows , and the jags and chargers seem on the way up too.  Please go away, Tom, the AFC is already loaded. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

I don’t see any world, ever , where Tua is better than Brady. Give Brady some protection, that O with that speed, and he will get the ball out quickly to those guys and it’s a challenge beating them.   That coach will actually work with and listen to Brady.  He turned Tua around, imagine what he could do with Brady’s cerebral  talent and accuracy. You don’t compare Tua to a guy with 6 SB wins and put Brady with a guy who can get the best out of him!  I am sick of dealing with Brady, they almost took two from us with Tua, let the other conference deal with him. Why chance another year or two off Josh’s career ; we are not dominating the conference as it is if you hadn’t noticed with mahomes, burrows , and the jags and chargers seem on the way up too.  Please go away, Tom, the AFC is already loaded. 

He’s not going to have protection.  Just like Tua.  

I believe is aging and it’s affects on athletic performance.  

Tua was dam good this season.  

McDaniels is great.  I don’t know how well Brady will be able to lead that offense.  I know Tua did a great job this year.  They were a contender until he got ruined.  

Maybe we’ll find out this year.  The move

makes sense.  Tua’s health is a major concern and, imo, paying him is too much of a gamble.  Adding Brady makes too much sense.  He’s always healthy and is the GOAT.  I just don’t know if he’ll be better than Tua was this year.  

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

If healthy and playing Miami, I’d rather have Tua than Brady.  Yes. I would.  I don’t like I’ve seen from Brady this year. He’s getting to an age where I would think he would regress soon and I think he’s regressed some this year.  Next year, maybe even more.  New system to learn.  Bad OLine.  No mobility.  

but Tua likely won’t be healthy, so I get the interest. I just think Tua is the better guy if healthy 

The bolded points seem to be especially salient when the very old, unathletic, contact-averse QB is inserted into a Shanahan-tree, zone-based west coast offense. Except that McDaniel seems to have used Tua this season similarly to how one would use Tom Brady: quick, timing-based throws and RPOs designed to threaten defenses wide and with in-breaking routes but also eventually deep down the sidelines. 

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Rosen had a meh rookie year and they drafted another QB who will fizzle out as well.  Darnold didn’t look awful as a Panther, no franchise WB but a damn good backup..(ruined by the Jets) Sometimes teams stink at drafting QBs.  See Chicago, Jets, Browns, Lions. Etc..  

The point was that both were top 10 picks who were soon dumped by their drafting teams.  Rosen was so awful his rookie year, AZ  sent him packing.  Darnold wasn'r near;y as bad---but he too was shown the door.  The same team looks ready to do the same thing with the guy that followed Darnold.

It therefore would not be precedent setting---it will have happened 3 times in 3 years.

20 hours ago, SCBills said:

Would not shock me, and I may even predict, that next years AFC East consists of:

Bills - Allen

Dolphins - Brady

Jets - Lamar

Patriots - Mac

None of them are much of a challenge.   Lamar adds an interesting twist but nothing more.  

it will be fun to watch Brady melt down game after game in Miami because he’s not quite Brady anymore and Lamar will be miserable in New York. Those fans aren’t as forgiving as Baltimore and the minute he isn’t a superstar every game they will eat him for lunch. He doesn’t have the fortitude in my opinion to handle that.  Just take a look at where he is now-no contract no playoff play. If they give him his number by noon his knee would be healed by 5pm tonight guaranteed and Romo would soil himself with his excitement 

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The point was that both were top 10 picks who were soon dumped by their drafting teams.  Rosen was so awful his rookie year, AZ  sent him packing.  Darnold wasn'r near;y as bad---but he too was shown the door.  The same team looks ready to do the same thing with the guy that followed Darnold.

It therefore would not be precedent setting---it will have happened 3 times in 3 years.

In a vacuum you’re right, Rosen was sent packing because they changed HC and didn’t want try work with him and was in love with his own QB from his college team. 

Again any Jet example is just useless, the stink at getting a QB. Heck their greatest of all time is the most over rated QB in history!  They will do it again this year. They are terrible at the position. 

Also any team worth a dang gives any QB drafted in the first round at least 3 years. What you give are 1 offs and piss poor managed teams. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

In a vacuum you’re right, Rosen was sent packing because they changed HC and didn’t want try work with him and was in love with his own QB from his college team. 

Again any Jet example is just useless, the stink at getting a QB. Heck their greatest of all time is the most over rated QB in history!  They will do it again this year. They are terrible at the position. 

Also any team worth a dang gives any QB drafted in the first round at least 3 years. What you give are 1 offs and piss poor managed teams. 

It's not a vacuum.  It happens now more than ever.  The other poster said it would be extremely rare.  It's not

how are the 49ers at drafting QB?

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not a vacuum.  It happens now more than ever.  The other poster said it would be extremely rare.  It's not

Historically? Not awful, any team gets Montana isn’t terrible. They  did draft Purdy who doesn’t look to bad!   Yes they chose poorly at #2  a couple years ago.  

the other poster is right it’s extremely rare for any stable NFL Franchise.  The ones give up quickly in a pick are usually the constantly bad! I know that use to be my Pats under the Sullivan ownership. 

13 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I don’t disagree, but I could see them selling the farm(future) for him. There’s more than 1st round picks available, so maybe it becomes some of the young defensive pieces etc along with future first rounders.

They'd need capital to do that and without Tua as a chip because of his concussion history and no 1st rounder, they don't have much to offer the Ravens versus other teams.  Not that selling the farm for a guy who would probably have missed close to a full season's worth of games the past 2 seasons (he was still injured at the end of last season and will miss games these playoffs) and giving him $50M/year would be a smart move (but I hope they try all the same).

12 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Jordon Love is going to be a star. That kid is so talented. He came in for Rodgers for a game and was slinging it. He needed some time to develop but he looks sharp

I’m a big fan of his 

I'll need to see more than a garbage time performance from him to be convinced.  But we'll find out shortly.

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The problem for the Jets is Wilson has a $20M dead cap hit if he's released after this season, there are no slam dunk franchise QBs in this draft, much less at 13th overall and no decent FA QB will want to go there.  They'll probably be forced to keep him like they did Darnold for 3 years.  As for Rosen, he was dumped quickly because they found a team dumb enough to take him and his contract, for a 2nd and 5th rounder no less.

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wilson is the exception to the rule, he was completely clueless! 

actually, scrolling back, you were that "other poster".

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Historically? Not awful, any team gets Montana isn’t terrible. They  did draft Purdy who doesn’t look to bad!   Yes they chose poorly at #2  a couple years ago.  

the other poster is right it’s extremely rare for any stable NFL Franchise.  The ones give up quickly in a pick are usually the constantly bad! I know that use to be my Pats under the Sullivan ownership. 

They drafted Montana in 1979.  There's talk of them trading Lance--especially when there is talk of the 49ers in the SB vs. the Bills with Purdy (taking the last guy in the draft is a lark, not a draft move. 

It's no longer rare.  This is obvious. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

They'd need capital to do that and without Tua as a chip because of his concussion history and no 1st rounder, they don't have much to offer the Ravens versus other teams.  Not that selling the farm for a guy who would probably have missed close to a full season's worth of games the past 2 seasons (he was still injured at the end of last season and will miss games these playoffs) and giving him $50M/year would be a smart move (but I hope they try all the same).

I'll need to see more than a garbage time performance from him to be convinced.  But we'll find out shortly.

The problem for the Jets is Wilson has a $20M dead cap hit if he's released after this season, there are no slam dunk franchise QBs in this draft, much less at 13th overall and no decent FA QB will want to go there.  They'll probably be forced to keep him like they did Darnold for 3 years.  As for Rosen, he was dumped quickly because they found a team dumb enough to take him and his contract, for a 2nd and 5th rounder no less.

and he sucked.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not so fast everyone. After getting into the playoffs with a losing record Monday might just be Brady’s last game if the Cowboys D Line can put a pounding in him. If so, I cannot see him wanting to start over with yet another team.

I actually think he will retire either way.

He isn't coming back to Tampa for another season with that staff, and I can't see them firing another coaching staff just to appease Brady for 1 year.

So then, it's starting all over somewhere else at age 46 on what would almost certainly be a 1 year deal. Forget Brady, from the new team's perspective that would seem like a waste of time. 

All that said, I fully expect that he will be playing in the Super Bowl this year. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

He isn't coming back to Tampa for another season with that staff, and I can't see them firing another coaching staff just to appease Brady for 1 year.

So then, it's starting all over somewhere else at age 46 on what would almost certainly be a 1 year deal. Forget Brady, from the new team's perspective that would seem like a waste of time. 

All that said, I fully expect that he will be playing in the Super Bowl this year. 

You were doing so well until that last sentence. đŸ˜‰

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I fully expect him to be AT the SB this year. Can’t really see them getting there.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

After the Bills open a can of whoop *** on the Water Mammals tomorrow they'll fire HC Where's Waldo.

They'll then go with last years plans and trade for HC Sean Payton and sign Brady.

Brady's ego is too big for him to just step away. Like his previous retirement, he announced it Super Bowl week to make the news all about him. And then he un-retired the day free agency began to once again make it all about him.

Here's hoping Brady gets introduced to Micah Parsons repeatedly Monday night.

So they’re getting rid of Tua for a 46 year old QB who looks washed at this point?? đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£

On 1/12/2023 at 8:08 AM, JayBaller10 said:

I just don’t want Lamar on the Dolphins. It’d be a nightmare having to defend all that speed. Jackson, Hill, Waddle, and Mostert. đŸ˜±

Well Mostert only signed a 1 year deal and he’ll be 31 next year and he’s had injuries. Idk if he comes back to Miami

On 1/12/2023 at 8:21 AM, Nextmanup said:

image-4.png

thumb-36-1024x537.jpg

He ain’t wearing 12 in Miami

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

From Brady's vantage point, he'd probably like nothing more than to play the Bills twice a season (at least one more time, anyhow!) as well as get the opportunity to take on Belichick twice to help bolster his side to the ongoing "was it Brady or Belichick who had the most impact?" discussion.

Edited by ChasBB
add content

On 1/14/2023 at 9:09 AM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So they’re getting rid of Tua for a 46 year old QB who looks washed at this point?? đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£

They have to essentially replace Tua with ANYBODY. The guys is a total liability. They better have a viable option as a back up or starter to compete with Tua. They could double down on Skylar and Tua. Probably not wise though. 

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

I have little doubt that he'll be back next season.  

Miami, Vegas and San Fran all make sense.

Zero percent chance San Fran happens with the way Purdy is playing. Even a meltdown against Dallas or Philly and they would still ride him into next season.

Vegas and Miami both do make a lot of sense. I question if Brady wants to play for McDaniel though in Miami.l I can see him wanting to play for McDaniels in Vegas.

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They have to essentially replace Tua with ANYBODY. The guys is a total liability. They better have a viable option as a back up or starter to compete with Tua. They could double down on Skylar and Tua. Probably not wise though. 

But Grier just said he’s the starter for 23. I think they bring in Jimmy G as the back up in case Tua goes down again. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Zero percent chance San Fran happens with the way Purdy is playing. Even a meltdown against Dallas or Philly and they would still ride him into next season.

I don't know.  A 1 year rental to win a Super Bowl...I think Shanahan and Lynch should consider it.

It's a timing offense that Tom would excel in, particularly with those weapons.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But Grier just said he’s the starter for 23. I think they bring in Jimmy G as the back up in case Tua goes down again. 

They have to have a high level back up. They gave up too much for Hill to not have a quality QB behind Tua. Carr won't go there unless he is told he can be the starter. Jimmy G is probably most likely at this point. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.