Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Just curious, when? I watched the clips of him being on tonight and he didn’t mention Hopkins, but they are just clips

McAfee just posts clips from longer interviews. I haven't watched it yet but it must be somewhere on the Draft Spectacular live stream.

28 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Well that's that then. Beane's generally a pretty straight shooter. Doesn't generally say he's flat out not pursuing someone who he is. Between him saying that and Arizona's GM saying he won't be trading him this weekend - I don't see it happening.

2 negatives make a positive.  It's happening....

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Beane was on McAfee and they asked him if he had been in talks on Hopkins and he flat out said they weren't pursuing him. 

No Beane said they weren't going to try to trade for him tomorrow. Said they were focusing on the draft. He also basically said he isn't saying nothing will or won't happen after the draft. Just focused on the draft right now.

5 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Is there video of this?

The actual interview starts at 4hr:04min

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beane is so scared to be the next LA Rams. He forgets that the Rams went to 2 SB's and won 1. I would take a championship followed by a rebuild any day of the week. Playing safe gets you to the playoffs sure but when you are that close what puts you over the edge?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Beane is so scared to be the next LA Rams. He forgets that the Rams went to 2 SB's and won 1. I would take a championship followed by a rebuild any day of the week. Playing safe gets you to the playoffs sure but when you are that close what puts you over the edge?

Chiefs traded their best receiver away.  

8 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

7 hours ago, dje85 said:

No Beane said they weren't going to try to trade for him tomorrow. Said they were focusing on the draft. He also basically said he isn't saying nothing will or won't happen after the draft. Just focused on the draft right now.

Beane does have a 💩 eating grin after talking about DHop and conveniently forgets his 6th round pick. He has a trade in principle with someone.

My take is that it's likely that DHop is the smokescreen for something else. What it is, who knows. Just figured I'd throw this in here, because this is a thread of fun, not reality.

9 hours ago, dje85 said:

I love this show!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nkreed said:

Beane does have a 💩 eating grin after talking about DHop and conveniently forgets his 6th round pick. He has a trade in principle with someone.

My take is that it's likely that DHop is the smokescreen for something else. What it is, who knows. Just figured I'd throw this in here, because this is a thread of fun, not reality.

I don’t see it this way at all.  Everything that we’ve seen from credible sources who aren’t Pacman Jones or fraud fans on Twitter have downplayed Buffalo and KC’s interest in Hopkins.  

Fans wanted to believe this was a front by both teams but IMO there’s a higher possibility that both weren’t willing to meet the trade compensation or the salary for Hopkins.  

I tend to think there was not nearly as much interest as Arizona and Hopkins wanted you to believe 

11 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

No one really talks about him saying he didn’t trade for Von Miller because he thought he’d be a rental. We all know they signed him a few months after he was traded to the Rams and helped them win a championship.

Von would’ve been the difference in the Bills vs Chiefs divisional playoff game. No one can convince me otherwise. 

Right now Beane is Darcy Regier to me. There’s nothing Big baller about this guy. He’s safe and sound, no risks. That’s why they sign so many players they already know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Right now Beane is Darcy Regier to me. There’s nothing Big baller about this guy. He’s safe and sound, no risks. That’s why they sign so many players they already know.

You're acting like such a child. Had your eye on one toy in particular to open on Christmas and when you didn't get it, you throw a hissy fit and hurl insults.

If Arizona is to be believed, between their asking price and their recent stance, it's clear they never really had any intention on moving him unless someone offered them something they couldn't refuse. We aren't in a position to do that.

And for a 31 year old WR - you shouldn't. 31 other teams agree otherwise a deal would have been done.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're acting like such a child. Had your eye on one toy in particular to open on Christmas and when you didn't get it, you throw a hissy fit and hurl insults.

If Arizona is to be believed, between their asking price and their recent stance, it's clear they never really had any intention on moving him unless someone offered them something they couldn't refuse. We aren't in a position to do that.

And for a 31 year old WR - you shouldn't. 31 other teams agree otherwise a deal would have been done.

The speculation was that all of the rumors and “news” were coming from the Hopkins camp.  Both Buffalo and KC downplayed their interest.  Arizona largely kept quiet.  But the noise from Hopkin’s group and the frauds who believed it to be fact just gassed up the fan base.  Now people are pissed because they believed ECB

9 hours ago, nkreed said:

🤣 Some of the leading indicators of lying are shielding one’s mouth and touching the nose. 

Gotta be some 97Echoes here that can back this up. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don’t really need it to be Hopkins. I think we lack pass catchers and pass rushers. I don’t think they were aggressive enough to improve those areas this offseason. Kincaid will help but they’re going to have to run an offense that’s rarely run.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t really need it to be Hopkins. I think we lack pass catchers and pass rushers. I don’t think they were aggressive enough to improve those areas this offseason. Kincaid will help but they’re going to have to run an offense that’s rarely run.

Its a good thing the season has already started 😉

12 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Or maybe he doesn’t want to dump 19M on a washed up roid guy.

Edited by 4merper4mer

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Anyone want LB Dorian Williams over Hopkins? 

oh, Beane does.  Why? SPECIAL TEAMS BABY COACH SMILEY IS HAPPY

I posted this in the draft thread when it was first tweeted, but here you go

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Anyone want LB Dorian Williams over Hopkins? 

oh, Beane does.  Why? SPECIAL TEAMS BABY COACH SMILEY IS HAPPY

The cash is the real opportunity cost to weigh.Hopkins or that other free agent with the cash 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. At this point Hopkins will have to actually demand a trade so he’s dealt or cut

Next draft the cards have 2 1sts, 1 second, 2 3rds, 1 4th, 2 5ths, 1 6th and 1 7th. They have Colt McCoy as their QB while they wait on Kyler to get healthy. This is they year to dump cap $$ and go into next offseason in good cap shape with a boatload of picks. Hopkins will not be playing for them this season.

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The cash is the real opportunity cost to weigh.Hopkins or that other free agent with the cash 

Now that we have 3 picks in and see what we have - where do you stand on Hopkins right now?

We went backup LB (again) over a couple WR’s that could, at the very least, round out our WR room nicely with a young, traitsy prospect.  

Not sure if there’s any reason to read into that, but we still only have 5 WR’s. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

We went backup LB (again) over a couple WR’s that could, at the very least, round out our WR room nicely with a young, traitsy prospect.  

Not sure if there’s any reason to read into that, but we still only have 5 WR’s. 

BAL took Flowers via trade up

KC took Rice via trade up

AZ took Wilson

so I suppose that’s intriguing

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We've had a real chance to win it all for the last 3 years.

Are you new to watching the NFL?

Did you not watch the 2nd half of the season and Bengal game….where Diggs was neutralized by opposing defenses because no one else on the field scared them at all

10 points at home in the Divisional is a joke

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

BAL took Flowers via trade up

KC took Rice via trade up

AZ took Wilson

so I suppose that’s intriguing

KC has MVS, Toney, Moore, James, Rice and Watson.  

Im sure they could still be in the market for Hopkins, but Toney & James were recent acquisitions, Watson re-signed for two years and they just spent premium draft capital on Skyy Moore and Rashee Rice.  

Certainly worth noting.