Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

53 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wrong. He reported the Edwards signing before anyone. He also reported our interest in acquiring Hopkins before anyone. It’s either good guesses or he actually knows someone in the front office. 

Where was he on the Taylor Rapp and Jordan Phillips signings? It was even reported by another outlet that Phillips was in Buffalo. He still made no mention at all of signing him

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

It sounds like you want to be lied to.

Perfect way of putting it. Certain posters want Hopkins so badly that they'll legitimize the clearly illegitimate because they want to have something that keeps their faith no matter what. Instead of reviewing everything and thinking critically, it's all based in emotion.

58 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Where was he on the Taylor Rapp and Jordan Phillips signings? It was even reported by another outlet that Phillips was in Buffalo. He still made no mention at all of signing him

Exactly this. ErieCountyBulls "reporting" is 'Become a Twitter Source and Get Followers when you're not a Source 101'.

Twitter is filled with ErieCountyBulls "reporters" every offseason. People who read tea leaves on leaks and make claims before everyone else so that if it happens, it legitimizes them.

He called David Edwards would sign... after it was announced he was in town visiting with a team that has his former OL Coach.

He said we're in on DeAndre Hopkins and are leaders of the "pact"... after Hopkins followed Josh and Von on IG and made his "Buffalo Soldier" post, while fans were in a fervor, looking for any information.

Like you said, where was the Taylor Rapp information? It didn't exist because there was no info to piggyback off of. 

Another dead giveaway to me is them Re-Tweeting people that claim he had things before everyone else and is legit. A real source wouldn't feel the need to make "see! I'm legit everyone!" posts and block anyone who says they're not.

Even if Hopkins is traded here, ErieCountyBulls isn't legitimized in my eyes. He'll have just happened to make a post that came true. I, or anyone else, could have put that out there on their Twitter account when everyone was excited and looking for info.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That makes their core right now MVS, Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore, and Richie James. They lost JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman this offseason.

I don't think this takes them out of anything. It's a Trent Sherfield like signing. They still need more help at the top of their depth chart.

38 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That makes their core right now MVS, Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore, and Richie James. They lost JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman this offseason.

I don't think this takes them out of anything. It's a Trent Sherfield like signing. They still need more help at the top of their depth chart.

Sherfield is probably a decent comp.  James played well last season.  On his own, he won’t be a huge difference maker but I think he’ll be a decent rotational receiver in the offense.  

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Perfect way of putting it. Certain posters want Hopkins so badly that they'll legitimize the clearly illegitimate because they want to have something that keeps their faith no matter what. Instead of reviewing everything and thinking critically, it's all based in emotion.

Exactly this. ErieCountyBulls "reporting" is 'Become a Twitter Source and Get Followers when you're not a Source 101'.

Twitter is filled with ErieCountyBulls "reporters" every offseason. People who read tea leaves on leaks and make claims before everyone else so that if it happens, it legitimizes them.

He called David Edwards would sign... after it was announced he was in town visiting with a team that has his former OL Coach.

He said we're in on DeAndre Hopkins and are leaders of the "pact"... after Hopkins followed Josh and Von on IG and made his "Buffalo Soldier" post, while fans were in a fervor, looking for any information.

Like you said, where was the Taylor Rapp information? It didn't exist because there was no info to piggyback off of. 

Another dead giveaway to me is them Re-Tweeting people that claim he had things before everyone else and is legit. A real source wouldn't feel the need to make "see! I'm legit everyone!" posts and block anyone who says they're not.

Even if Hopkins is traded here, ErieCountyBulls isn't legitimized in my eyes. He'll have just happened to make a post that came true. I, or anyone else, could have put that out there on their Twitter account when everyone was excited and looking for info.

Well said… It’s ridiculous that people are using the Edwards signing to legitimize this guy.  There was an “insider” in Miami who tried connecting the dots and reported that Poyer was going to sign in Miami. 

What gets me is, even if ErieCountyBulls did have legit sources, what would be the motivation for them to leak the info to a random Twitter account with a following of 200 rather than a legit reporter or a fan account with a larger audience?  

Everything always pointed to BS but fans want it to happen, they’ll pretend they don’t smell it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Toney is a former 1st rounder that looked much better with the Chiefs. Moore is a 2nd rounder going into year two. Paired with Kelce and MVS that is a very solid receiving core. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Toney is a former 1st rounder that looked much better with the Chiefs. Moore is a 2nd rounder going into year two. Paired with Kelce and MVS that is a very solid receiving core. 

Toney had 14 receptions for 171 yards and 2 TDs for the Chiefs last season. He was used in spot duty off the bench. He and Moore could take a step forward and will be given more reps this year.

But I think they're still looking at getting a clear WR1 or WR2 to replace Smith-Schuster and Hardman. Whether that's a Round 1 or Round 2 pick or a trade. I don't think they're solely relying on Toney, Moore, and now James to completely fill that void.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Outside of Kelce & MVS the group is largely unproven. Just because a player is drafted in the 1st or 2nd round doesn't mean they will succeed or fail in the NFL.

Toney may of looked a bit better, but that's because there was no where to go but up. Including the playoffs, he played 10 games in KC and averaged 22 ypg. In the 3 playoff games he had a total of 50 yards & a td averaging 7.1 ypc.

Including the playoffs, Moore played in 19 games and averaged 14 ypg. In 3 playoff games he had a total of 17 yards and a td averaging 3.4 ypc

James had a decent year this past year, but that's probably more to due with Jones having no one to throw to. He only managed to start 4 games on a team that didn't have any WRs. 

There's still time for a trade and the draft is coming up so things could change. They also have the best TE in the league, that's true, but that WR room is far from solid and a definite step down from last year.

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Toney had 14 receptions for 171 yards and 2 TDs for the Chiefs last season. He was used in spot duty off the bench. He and Moore could take a step forward and will be given more reps this year.

But I think they're still looking at getting a clear WR1 or WR2 to replace Smith-Schuster and Hardman. Whether that's a Round 1 or Round 2 pick or a trade. I don't think they're solely relying on Toney, Moore, and now James to completely fill that void.

Damn. Beat me to it.😂

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Its always fun when people try to downplay KC’s talent..

They have 4/5 of a monster OL again and the following players at skill positions:

Kelce (Best TE in the league)

MVS (low end 2, high end 3)

Toney (recent RD1 pick)

Moore (recent RD2 pick)

James (rotational WR)

Our OL was bottom third last year and we have the following players at skill positions:

Knox (Good TE)

Diggs (Top 5 WR)

Davis (low end 2, high end 3)

Harty (unproven)

Shakir (recent RD5 pick)

Sherfield (rotational WR)

Who’s Offense around the QB would you rather have going into the Draft?  

I think our OL could be much improved and maybe Knox, Davis, Harty and Shakir all make a jump, but I think it’s close.  

On potential, I’d probably take ours, but it’s a coin flip. 

On 4/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, JohnNord said:

…and plenty of times random users on Twitter pose as insiders or in the know about certain players.  In most cases it’s a fan trying guessing based off national reporters and trying to make themselves feel important.

If their guess actually happens then they take a victory lap.

If their guess doesn’t happen then “plans change”

What gets me is how easily some otherwise knowledgeable Bills fans in this forum have been duped by this random account. 

I think you misunderstand what I meant. The people saying it isn't going to happen are just as bad as the people who say it is. For the most part, neither side knows either way.

It is plausible that Beane is considering it. If it pans out, it pans out, if it doesn't, it doesn't mean he hasn't. 

23 hours ago, SCBills said:

Its always fun when people try to downplay KC’s talent..

They have 4/5 of a monster OL again and the following players at skill positions:

Kelce (Best TE in the league)

MVS (low end 2, high end 3)

Toney (recent RD1 pick)

Moore (recent RD2 pick)

James (rotational WR)

Our OL was bottom third last year and we have the following players at skill positions:

Knox (Good TE)

Diggs (Top 5 WR)

Davis (low end 2, high end 3)

Harty (unproven)

Shakir (recent RD5 pick)

Sherfield (rotational WR)

Who’s Offense around the QB would you rather have going into the Draft?  

I think our OL could be much improved and maybe Knox, Davis, Harty and Shakir all make a jump, but I think it’s close.  

On potential, I’d probably take ours, but it’s a coin flip. 

No one is really downplaying their talent…everyone knows Kelcie is rated among the GOAT at TE.  But the rest of the pieces on their own are decent but don’t really scare a defense.

Its the crazy talent of the QB (and the play calling to a lesser extent) that scares defenses and elevates that talent

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I think you misunderstand what I meant. The people saying it isn't going to happen are just as bad as the people who say it is. For the most part, neither side knows either way.

It is plausible that Beane is considering it. If it pans out, it pans out, if it doesn't, it doesn't mean he hasn't. 

Wrong… The people who say it’s not likely to  happen are rooted in reality going off reports from credible reporters.  The fake insiders like EricCountyBulls are just making ***** up.    

Hopkins has a huge cap hit and will be 31.  The Bills don’t have a ton of cap space.  They are also often reluctant to part with premium draft picks.  PLUS Tim Graham reported that it was unlikely the Bills will trade for Hopkins. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Wrong… The people who say it’s not likely to  happen are rooted in reality going off reports from credible reporters.  The fake insiders like EricCountyBulls are just making ***** up.    

Hopkins has a huge cap hit and will be 31.  The Bills don’t have a ton of cap space.  They are also often reluctant to part with premium draft picks.  PLUS Tim Graham reported that it was unlikely the Bills will trade for Hopkins. 

Oh well if Tim Graham says its unlikely then.... 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Oh well if Tim Graham says its unlikely then.... 😂

Clearly you don’t follow his work.  Sounds like you are another fan who desperately wants to be believe the Hopkins rumors are true…

• Thank you (+1) 1

Only six pages to go to hit 200, go, go,  go, no time to waste! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The money Beckham got means there is no discount salary wise from Hopkins.  I doubt he goes anywhere.  Maybe Jets?

No, the Jets never even made sense to me for OBJ. They have Garrett Wilson and already signed Mecole Hardman and Allen Lazard. They aren't breaking the bank for Hopkins too.

But I think you're right. If there was any hope that Hopkins might take a pay cut, that flew out the window with the money OBJ got. Absolutely insane Baltimore paid that.

You can cross KC off the list (if you hadn't already)  ...KC just signed another rotational WR and simply don't have the cap space to make this move and they aren't going to have it either.  Prety much the last thing KC has remaining to do is signing Chris Jones to an extension, and whatever cap space that frees up, will probably be held back to sign the draft class along with a reserve to sign a player or two in season.  The signing of Rick James (the WR) should signal to everyone who wasn't sure still, that KC isn't making any more major investments at WR in FA/Trade.

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

You can cross KC off the list (if you hadn't already)  ...KC just signed another rotational WR and simply don't have the cap space to make this move and they aren't going to have it either.  Prety much the last thing KC has remaining to do is signing Chris Jones to an extension, and whatever cap space that frees up, will probably be held back to sign the draft class along with a reserve to sign a player or two in season.  The signing of Rick James (the WR) should signal to everyone who wasn't sure still, that KC isn't making any more major investments at WR in FA/Trade.

If signing Richie James and their cap situation not being great removes KC, in your mind, than our cap situation and signing Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield would remove us as well. 

Between our Jordan Phillips deal not being on the books and their James deal not being on the books, our cap situation isn't much different. And we have a better WR core than they do, at the moment.

KC doesn't have a true #1 right now. They only have MVS, Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore, and Richie James - after losing Mecole Hardman and JuJu Smith-Schuster in FA.

After what OBJ just got, I don't see the Bills or the Chiefs being able to afford Hopkins. I think we'll both be Drafting WR's within the first 2 Rounds.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If signing Richie James and their cap situation not being great removes KC, in your mind, than our cap situation and signing Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield would remove us as well. 

Between our Jordan Phillips deal not being on the books and their James deal not being on the books, our cap situation isn't much different. And we have a better WR core than they do, at the moment.

KC doesn't have a true #1 right now. They only have MVS, Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore, and Richie James - after losing Mecole Hardman and JuJu Smith-Schuster in FA.

After what OBJ just got, I don't see the Bills or the Chiefs being able to afford Hopkins. I think we'll both be Drafting WR's within the first 2 Rounds.

To clarify, I thought KC was OUT way before signing James for the same reasons.  

KC and the Bills were going to be interested in Hopkins and/or OBJ if the price was right.  OBJ getting 15 million is going to make Hopkins more resolute about not redoing his deal or taking a pay cut.  Even if he's released, if he wants 15 million too it could happen with void years and money kicked down the road and no draft picks traded.  I would suspect KC would still be a longshot even at that.  If he's released, I beleive the Bills would absolutely be in play......becasue you guys are already pushing the chips forward anyhow.

The irony is if this hits 200 pages it's because we are not getting him and this thread dragged on way too long because neither side is engaged in any trade talks. If we were getting him we would have had him by page 100

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The irony is if this hits 200 pages it's because we are not getting him and this thread dragged on way too long because neither side is engaged in any trade talks. If we were getting him we would have had him by page 100

I think it is unlikely, but I don't agree with you here. The contract is the largest sticking point. I suspect Hopkins gets traded closer to the actual draft. Either it happens then or maybe teams see where they are after the draft and reassess, but I would think the Cardinals want draft capital for this year. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I think it is unlikely, but I don't agree with you here. The contract is the largest sticking point. I suspect Hopkins gets traded closer to the actual draft. Either it happens then or maybe teams see where they are after the draft and reassess, but I would think the Cardinals want draft capital for this year. 

Fair enough but the contract will still be the sticking point as the player wants all of his money plus a better team. Nobody wants to touch that contract. Until Hopkins decides he wants to make it work or the Cardinals are willing to eat some of the money I don't think a deal gets done and it's more likely he is released than traded. My point was there are probably zero conversations happening currently and that's why the thread has dragged on so long. We are at a stalemate

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Fair enough but the contract will still be the sticking point as the player wants all of his money plus a better team. Nobody wants to touch that contract. Until Hopkins decides he wants to make it work or the Cardinals are willing to eat some of the money I don't think a deal gets done and it's more likely he is released than traded. My point was there are probably zero conversations happening currently and that's why the thread has dragged on so long. We are at a stalemate

At this point LOL is the best response.  Beckham just got 15+M.  If Hopkins is released we have no shot.  It takes a lot of the teams…..most of the real contenders…..out of the mix altogether,  A trade with the Cards where they eat some salary is probably the top opportunity for the Bills and other teams but the draft pick price just went way up because OBJ just reset the market.  It’s even possible that Baltimore saw OBJ as a CHEAPER overall option than Hopkins.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 2

On 4/6/2023 at 7:48 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

NO. He never said that.

He said we are interested / the leader / negotiating

Aaron Wilson (a legit NFL reporter) reported the same things a few days after “Erie County Bulls” originally did

I'm interested in a Bugatti to pick up [insert two hot Hollywood celebrity women here] but it doesn't make it all close to reality. 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I have no idea if we will get him but I think he will be traded by draft day. AZ wants picks. To say it would have happened already if it was going to is wrong imo. The only date that matters is 4/27, draft day. Similar to Rogers, if both the team and player want it, it will happen. Of course it's not the same as a QB is not the same as a WR. That being said, the Bills aren't in with the current contract unless AZ eats some of it. That will likely happen 9n draft day when there are no better offers.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:13 PM, papazoid said:

KC will draft OT....not WR

That’s because they like their franchise QB, and value protecting him, 😁

(some sarcasm included)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I know everyone says we are not in on Hopkins but I feel like we could potentially be now that OBJ signed with the Ravens. Beane was openly in on OBJ. Which means we are likely looking for another wr 1a/1b type wr. I don;t see us being able to get that in the draft unless we trade up very high of which will be more expensive than trading for Hopkins. I feel like the only thing that would keep us from Hopkins would be the salary issue as many have stated. But, If I were a betting man we are not out of a potential Hopkins deal or trying to sign him when / if he gets cut. It would be more impactful and cost less than trading up in the draft for a wr.

Edited by dje85

6 minutes ago, dje85 said:

I know everyone says we are not in on Hopkins but I feel like we could potentially be now that OBJ signed with the Ravens. Beane was openly in on OBJ. Which means we are likely looking for another wr 1a/1b type wr. I don;t see us being able to get that in the draft unless we trade up very high of which will be more expensive than trading for Hopkins. I feel like the only thing that would keep us from Hopkins would be the salary issue as many have stated. But, If I were a betting man we are not out of a potential Hopkins deal or trying to sign him when / if he gets cut. It would be more impactful and cost less than trading up in the draft for a wr.

It would also cost us a lot more in terms of salary cap though. 

the only way I see this happening for the Bills is if the Texans just want out and are willing to eat some salary. and that’s with a trade. Being cut won’t do it because Hopkins will get as much or more most likely on the open market. Unless he just wants to go after a ring and thinks we’re the best team to deliver that. Who knows.  It I’m gonna assume he’d not take a friendly enough offer that would fit in our cap restraints. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

It would also cost us a lot more in terms of salary cap though. 

the only way I see this happening for the Bills is if the Texans just want out and are willing to eat some salary. and that’s with a trade. Being cut won’t do it because Hopkins will get as much or more most likely on the open market. Unless he just wants to go after a ring and thinks we’re the best team to deliver that. Who knows.  It I’m gonna assume he’d not take a friendly enough offer that would fit in our cap restraints. 

Hmmm thinking outside the box with the Texans idea 

• Haha (+1) 1